Author's Chapter Notes:
Anybody else surprised? LOL
Chapter 36

“’Kay, thanks, bye!” Spike ended the call and Buffy grinned at him expectantly.

“Well?”

“Well…okay, here-goes…how would you like to see the old ancestral pile back in England – the place where I used to live and will return to one of these days?”

Buffy went bug-eyed and leapt up off the bed

“Would I! – That would be fantastic!”

“Well, I could show you on the internet first, if you like”

Buffy looked at Spike and frowned and said,

“Your house is on the internet?”

“Uh huh!”

“Oh – I think I read something about this, Google maps, some people were objecting to their houses being on Google maps or something”

“Er, no, it’s nothing to do with that pet, being a Stately Home and open to the public”

“Stately Home?” Buffy asked puzzled

“Yes, you know my father is Sir Rupert Giles”

“Yes, but – well I thought he got made a ‘Sir’ for his acting or something”

“Oh no, Dad’s Sir Rupert, 37th Lord Carrisbrooke of Haversham, and when he dies, I’ll inherit the title and the house” Spike said with a shrug. Buffy went bug eyed again and said,

“So…oh my god, you’re a – well royalty?” Spike grinned.

“Steady on girl!! No not royalty, although we can trace the family back to Henry 5th…”

“But how…I mean why… okay, so how come your dad got into acting?”

Spike shrugged, sat on the bed, patted and Buffy sat next to him he began to explain,

“Well – when grandfather died, the house was in a terrible state, the roof had more leaks than a sieve, the damp course was crumbling and the walls were growing fungus, as were some of the tapestries. Dad had two choices, either come up with the money himself, or give the house over to the National Trust. He didn’t want to do that, so he had to sell the family jewels, well kind of, sold some paintings and one or two bits and pieces, and raised the £4.2 million it needed for repair and yearly up-keep.”

Buffy sat there fascinated, she grinned and said,

“Tell me more!”

“Okay, well, that money didn’t last long, things needed constantly doing, and staff needed to be paid – so dad thought that acting would bring in good money – he’d got plenty of contacts, the weekend house parties they used to have attracted all the rich and famous, that’s how I knew your man form the Water Cannons. Anyway dad got into acting, became a favourite of the director George Lombard, and did a series of Shakespearean epics, Twelfth Night, Richard the 3rd, and of course his most famous roll, Henry the 5th,, parts one and two.

Then the bank called in a loan. We had to do something, my mother was ill by now and dad didn’t want to be away from her for weeks on end filming. So it was decided that we’d open the house to the public. That costs money of course, we had to put the stable block right, build a ‘tea room’ and Gift shop, landscape the grounds, build a car park, employ staff. The west wing of the house was kept private for us, the public weren’t allowed in that part. But the east wing was open, we put out all the finery, the china, paintings, sculptures, armour for the public to see. We had battle re-enactments done in the grounds, jousting tournaments, had a wild life walk made through the woods, a tree-top walk, and a small petting zoo for the kids. Some weekends there would be hot-air ballooning, or bi-plane shows, other times we had falconry displays, or craft workshops of wood turning, candle-making and weaving. And last year we got the go-ahead to have weddings there. There’s a conference centre and two reception rooms that can open out onto the gardens with a marquee if necessary.

“And does it still do all these things?”

“Oh yes, and more!”

“So carry on, this is so good!” Buffy said grinning.

“Well, we thought mom was getting better – she’d been responding well to the drugs she was given, but she had a relapse and she caught Asian flu in the winter if 1984. Her immune system was already weak from the TB she’d had, and she died of breathing complications in January 1985. I was 4 at the time, nearly 5.”

“Oh, I am sorry…what was your mother like?”

“Well, from her family portrait, really beautiful. Dad said it’s where I get my high cheekbones and blue eyes from…but, well, to tell you the truth, I um…I don’t really remember her much. She was always ill, and I was bought up by a series of nannies, and later on au-pairs. At 7 dad packed me off to boarding school, and at 12 I ran away. I went to another school and didn’t like it there either, I wanted to come home. Anyway one day, I just kind of flipped and had enough. I’d saved my pocket money for weeks and one morning, I just packed what I thought I might need, and walked out of the gates. Nobody challenged me. I went to the railway station and bought a ticket and came home. It was a god job I did too. I was being bullied and the kids that were bullying set the dormitory on fire and burned the block down. The fire started in my bed and they were hoping to blame me. If it hadn’t been for the ticket collector on the train remembering me, I’d have been sunk – my bed caught fire and I’d run away, put two and two together and I’m the culprit. Like I say, luckily when the fire started, I was half way between Cranford and Basilwell, about a 100 miles away. The ticket collector came to my rescue and told the enquiry that he remembered me and thought I was a bit young to be travelling so far on my own. He asked me if I was hungry and I was, starving – I’d forgotten all about food when I left straight after breakfast. He got me a sandwich and a drink from the buffet, but wouldn’t have any money off me. He asked if there was somebody meeting me from the train, and I was going to lie and say yes, but he’d been kind to me so I said I was to phone my dad when I got to the station – in case the train was late coz he didn’t have time to hang around. He seemed happy at this.” Spike explained

“So what happened when you got home?”

“Dad wasn’t there, he was in Stratford in the Shakespeare theatre. But Mrs Calendar, the housekeeper was waiting for me because the school had phoned about the fire”

“Did you get into trouble?”

“No, I thought I was going to, but I remembered the guard – the ticket guy on the train, dad phoned the railway and he was found, he corroborated my story!”

“So he didn’t send you back to that school did he?” Buffy asked.

“He knew if he did, I’d only run away again. So after that I was home-schooled, I had a series of tutors. Miss Edith, Cecily Adams, and a guy called Linus. He got me into music”…………

Spike spent most of the morning telling Buffy all about the house and his early life. He even showed he the house on the internet. He told her it had 82 rooms altogether, including 15 bedrooms, Buffy was mesmerised and couldn’t wait to see it! By the time Spike finished, it was nearly lunch time, so they went shopping and had lunch out.

On the evening they went out to a bar for something to eat and saw a live band who were very good, and Spike gave them a business card and told them to contact this guy and tell him that Spike from the Vampyres had sent them.

The guys in the band were overjoyed; they were looking for a recording contract.

When they got home, it was nearly midnight and they were both yawning.

“Are you tired my baby?” Buffy asked lying on her side, head propped up on her hand.

“Not too tired, never too tired for you baby!” Spike said smiling.

Buffy began to kiss him passionately; her hand slowly ran down his back, pulling him close towards her. His one hand wasn’t idle either, and he cupped her breast, rolled her nipple between his forefinger and thumb. Things got quite athletic, Buffy straddled his hips, and sat facing away from him leaning back to kiss him, his hands on her breasts as she raised and lowered herself on him. Finally, with Spike sitting, Buffy straddled facing him again. He nuzzled and played with her breasts. Buffy cradled his head to her, pulling his hair gently to raise his head to kiss him. Breathing ragged, coming him short little gasps, Keening, urging him on, whispering how much she loved him, her hips rose and fell, Spike gasped he couldn’t hold back any longer, and Buffy squeezed him with her inner muscles as she felt him swell inside her.

“BuffyBuffyBuffy oh Goddddssss I love you!”

Stilling her hips as he thrust up deep, her slick walls milked him of every drop of semen he had for her. Buffy calmed, sat down slowly.

“You’re incredible, I love you so much”

She said in a quiet voice. Spike stroked a tendril of hair off her warm face, and kissed her softly.

“Let’s sleep now baby” Buffy nodded and snuggled up, her head under his chin, her body moulded to his.