Author's Chapter Notes:
This is for all my regular reviewers, Cordykitten, MidnightGirl, PhotographyNut, Paganbaby, Callmekitten, Tammy, Andy, Darknight, Guest, Sanityfair and anybody, if i forgotten you, please let me know!!!
Chapter 8 Topless Bars and Dancing till dawn…


Buffy felt her heart skip a beat when she heard the light knock on the door. She opened it and her eyes nearly popped – Spike stood there in a black suit, black silk shirt and grey silk tie

“Ready Kitten?”

Buffy opened her mouth to speak, but then just nodded. Spike grinned – just the reaction he wanted, to render her speechless. They came out of the hotel, and Spike stepped to the kerb and hailed a cab

“Where are we going?” Buffy asked

“You’ll see – you do trust me don’t you?” Spike looked serious

“Of course!” She knew in THAT suit she wouldn’t be taken to any ‘dives’.

Spike’s grin came back and they got into the cab.

“35th and 8th please”

They soon arrived at what looked like another hotel.

They went inside, Spike holding the door open for her, and then he lead her to the elevators.

The elevator arrived with a ‘ding’ and the doors slid open, they let two couples get out before getting in. Spike pressed for the 25th floor.

“So, you know this place from when you were with the Vamps?”

“Um, not exactly, no.”

“So…what is it?”

“This Kitten, is a topless bar!”

“A what – oh Spike no, I don’t think I wan-“

“A-a, you said you trusted me!!”

“I do but…okay!” The lift slowed and stopped, the doors opened. They walked towards some glass doors and out onto a roof terrace. Hardly daring to look, Buffy kept her head down until she spied a waiter walking past holding a tray with one hand at shoulder height. She frowned and looked up, everyone was fully clothed, including the waitresses.

“But, I thought you said this was a topless bar!”

Spike pointed upwards, towards the sky and grinned saying,

“It’s the bar that’s topless pet, not the staff!” Buffy smiled and rolled her eyes

“You got me there!”

The evening was balmy, warm and the view from where they were was stupendous! Looking out over a magnificent sky-line.

“Right Kitten, they make the most delicious cocktails here, take your pick!” He handed her a laminated card folded into three with 100 different cocktails on it, plus 50 different whiskies, and over 100 different flavours of Schnapps. After a few minutes Spike said,

“See anything you fancy Kitten, or shall we have a bottle of Champagne?”

Buffy felt so excited, she felt thrilled to be there with Spike…

“Could I have a Bellini?”

“You sure can! And I’ll have a Virgin Mary” Spike said to the waiter.

“What’s a Virgin Mary?”

“Well, it’s like a bloody Mary, but without the vodka!”

“Oh, I didn’t know you weren’t going to drink alcohol!”

“No fuss pet, just pacing myself, we can have wine with dinner!”

“Well in that case I’ll only have the one cocktail!”

A proper triangular cocktail glass was placed in front of Buffy containing white peach nectar and champagne, a cocktail cherry and an umbrella. Spike’s straight tomato juice came with a small celery stick and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.

“I’ve always wanted to come to New York…never really had the time, always working…” Buffy sipped her cocktail, it was delicious.

“I had an apartment in Queens once…well to be truthful, dad did, but he was hardly ever there so I just kinda took it over”

“So, you know all the best places to eat then!”

“I sure do – what do you fancy – we could go to Hell’s Kitchen – that’s Manhattan – Ninth Avenue is the best for food.”

“Sounds great, but…no, Hell’s Kitchen sounds great!!”

“Come on Kitten, what were you going to say”

Buffy bit her bottom lip, Spike thought it adorable

“Um, well………I’ve always wanted to see China town”

“Fantastic! The Pagoda Lotus Blossom – they do the BEST Dragon noodles, wow – I could just go a bowl of those now!”

“Sure?”

“Positive, I’m salivating for Chang’s Dragon noodles!!”

ooOOoo

They took a cab to China Town, and made straight for the Pagoda Lotus Blossom, where Spike ordered dozens of little dishes, just little bites of this and that, all delicious. He dextrously wielded the chopsticks and fed her tasty morsels, and Buffy lapped it up, including the so called ‘Dragon noodles’. Spike explained how the lobster was fiery red and gave the dish it’s name! Dinner took over two hours. They came out and walked around the shops, the sights and the smells excited her. They stood and watched some acrobats and then the dragon dance. They bought a few souvenirs and Spike asked her if she was tired

“Who sleeps here – there’s so much going on, but saying that…I am beginning to flag!!”

“Nightcap?”

“Lovely”

“Come on Kitten, I know a place…”

They walked for a while, Buffy holding onto Spike’s hand. He turned down a quiet side-street, and then stopped at a door, knocked.

It was pushed open by a huge guy

“Room for two?”

“Sure”

The guy held the door open for them and Spike lead the way to a door which had the name ‘Garbo’s’ written above it.

Inside slow blues music played, and a few couples swayed on a small dance floor. Spike pulled out a chair for Buffy and she sat.

They ordered a bottle of champagne and talked and talked. She felt like she’d known him years instead of a few weeks. He told her about the band, his father, his mother’s death and the madness of his ex-girlfriend Dru. The last song of the night was announced…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvXFRuQ3fg8

and Spike held out his hand to Buffy and gently pulled her up onto the dance floor. He held her close, she could feel his breath on her neck, they swayed gently to the blues.

Spike crooned softly in her ear…then he gave a quiet chuckle Buffy whispered

“What?” and looked at Spike smiling

“These words are so wrong…but I love the tune” he looked at her for a few seconds, and then he captured her lips in a toe curling searing hot kiss that left them both breathless.

“Shall we go?” Buffy just nodded, he’d robbed her of speech!

“Cab or…?” Spike began

“Let’s walk…” Buffy said, finding her voice at last - they got outside and Buffy was shocked to see it was getting light.

“Oh my Goodness, what’s the time?”

“Um..4.45am!” Spike said grinning, then added,

“Enjoyed yourself?”

She’d never felt so happy in her life, she was falling for him, fast; she was scared, worried, happy, exhilarated…

“Well Kitten?” Spike asked again, and she stopped walking

Spike stopped and looked at her, slightly worried

“It’s been…the best night of my life” She said quietly

Spike beamed at her, took a step towards her and suddenly picked her up and swung her around

Still holding her she slipped down his body and Spike said

“I’m SO glad – God, it’s such a shame we’ve got to go back, there’s so much I want to show you!”

Her feet touched the ground again and she said,

“How long have we got, if we didn’t go to sleep – any ideas?!” Spike reached for her hand and held it as he looked at his watch.

“Let me see…we have to check in at the airport at 12.20pm…so that gives us roughly seven hours!”

“And I bet you know all the best places for breakfast!”

“Sure do!”

“Let’s go back to the hotel, freshen up, and then go out for breakfast, my treat”

“Great idea, ‘cept *I’M* paying!” Spike said swinging their arms

“But you’ve-“ Buffy began

“I’ve had the best night of my life too, and it’s not ended yet, no arguments!” Buffy couldn’t stop smiling……..


Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think!!