Author's Chapter Notes:
This fic takes place after the Angel Season 5 episode ' The Girl in Question’ this is my first fic so bear with me. No it isn't a story about Angel and Buffy. Angel can be a right 'bloody' git sometimes, but I can't hate him, I just like Spike a whole lot more! Fluff in later chapters.
Sorry it took so long to update, I was busy all week and had a hard time finding time to write this chapter.
In his office a whining voice came over his phone, drawing his attention away from the book he was reading.

“Angel, Rupert is on line one, he wishes to talk to you.” Harmony said, popping a bubble from her gum, in the intercom. This made Angel cringe, he had told her over and over not to do that, but she never listened to him.

“Thank you, Harm.” Angel said, picking up the phone, and cleared his throat. “This is Angel, how may I help you? Oh, hello Rupert, you’re here already? So you will be here soon? Ok, I will see you in a few minutes then.”Angel hung up the phone, looked around, and did a little jig. His Buffy was going to be back in his arms soon. He was very happy, but not too happy.

Angel decided that he was going to play it cool; he had to get his girl back. He figured that she was close to ‘cookies’, as she had implied last year. That must be why she was coming to LA, so he got to enjoy ‘cookie’ Buffy. There was only one person who could steal his ‘cookies’; he had to make sure the thief stayed away.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liam sat next to Buffy in the limo; he put his arm around her shoulder, rubbing little small circles to try and keep her calm. He could feel the tension fading a little, but not much. Liam looked out the window and was guessing from the looks of the buildings it wouldn’t be long, Buffy and Angel would come face to face again.

Giles was on the phone with Angel, Liam was observing. His hearing picked up the other male vampire’s voice, and Liam decided just from that voice, he didn’t like Angel. He had meant every word he had said to her, he was always going to be there for her and the twins. That even meant keeping Angel at bay; Liam vowed to himself right then and there, Angelus would never have another chance to hurt her.

“Erm… yes hello Angel, its Rupert. Yes, we made it to LA already; we are a few blocks from the office. Yes, see you in a few moments.” Giles said, hanging up the phone, he looked at his slayer, and could see the tension on her face. “It will be alright Buffy; I will be there with you.” Giles said, grabbing her hand, and gave it a pat.

Buffy gave Giles a watery smile, she was just too nervous about this meeting. She felt love and warmth from Liam’s affections, which eased her tensions more than Giles had. She could feel how much he loved her, and how much she meant to him. She tensed as she felt the car coming to a stop. Buffy looked out the window, and all her stress came rushing back. They were here at Wolfram and Hart, about to see Angel.

Liam felt her tense even more as the car came to a stop. Giles was the first one to make a move to get out of the car. Buffy was sitting there, like she was frozen in time, and Liam knew what would snap her out of it. He reached for the backpack; once it was open he withdrew a jacket and a velvet box.

“Buffy, look at me, please.” Liam pleaded with her. He was satisfied when Buffy did so, so he continued. “Dear heart put on the jacket, and his necklace. You know they help calm you, and you need this calm. You can’t let Angelus smell and feel your fear.”

Buffy put on Spike’s denim jacket, and placed Spike’s Aurelius necklace around her neck. The jacket smelled so good. It smelled like him, the tobacco, alcohol, the musky scent of his skin, and his Boss cologne. It made her feel safe, like he was right there with her. These were items of his that let her feel their connection, they really gave her comfort. It was an instantaneous thing, but this time something made the connection stronger. Buffy didn’t know what it was, but her senses felt something. She looked at Liam and by the look on his face; she knew he felt it too. It was another thing about their bond, which everyone, except her, Liam, and Dawn thought was weird.

“Thank you, dear Liam, I needed these.” Buffy threw her arms around him. She moved out of the car to be followed by Liam.

“Sweet, you and Rupert go on in. I will grab Will and Tara, and follow.” Buffy started to open her mouth to object, but Liam stopped her. “Buffy, I can find you, through our bond and your scent. I fear that if you don’t go in now you will continue with the stress. Now go sis!” Liam making himself understood, added “I will be there in a minute, dear, I keep my promise to you”

Giles and Buffy walked in to the building, he had his arm around her. They stepped on the elevator. “Buffy, both Liam and I will be with you today, so don’t worry.” Giles gave her a hug, pulling back when the doors opened. They stepped off and walked to the door that they knew led to Angel’s office.

Giles knocked on the door, they heard Angel respond.

“Come in.” Buffy and Giles stepped in to the office.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He was angry at his bloody poof of a sire. Spike was furious that Angel tried to tell him that she didn’t love him. He felt a connection to his slayer, which told him that she still loved him. He wanted to go to Rome to go and see her, to let her know that her big bad was back.

Spike’s only problem with that was trying to get to her. He knew that the great poof was going to prevent him from going any way he could. What could he tell him to keep him from being oversuspicious? That was going to be a problem, he knew it. Spike was so desperate to see his mate, to hold her in his arms, and be with her forever. Spike knew that since they were mated, there was a connection between them, but right now it was very faint.

He needed to get to his girl, but how? Spike was suddenly struck with an idea. He would tell the poof that he was going away for a few days; that he was going to Colorado to take a little time for himself. He was going to use this excuse, tell him it had to do with the soul. Peaches had to understand what he was going to be saying.
Spike grabbed up his duster, and headed out the door, he had a poof to get off his back, and a girl to get back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He heard a knock on the door, and knew that his Buffy Anne was outside the door. If his heart could beat it would be pounding. He was finally going to get to see her face to face again after almost a year.

“Come in, please.” Angel answered turning around in his chair, facing the door. He sat up straighter as the door open, revealing his love on the other side. He grimaced a little when he saw Giles with her. He wanted to get her alone, without the watcher, but how? Then it struck him, send him to Wesley.

“Giles, Buffy, hello. How are you doing?” Angel asked, as he got up to give Buffy a hug and shake Giles’ hand. He ran his eyes over Buffy, she was radiant, and she was looking better than the last time she was here in LA. She had gotten more curves on her body, and all in the right places, Angel wanted to run his hands over her new curves. Her hair was longer than ever, she was wearing it down; it looked like it ran in waves down to her lower back. She was wearing a sky blue sundress, under a denim jacket, and sandals without heels. She seemed to have grown up since she was last here. It amazed him, and he wanted her even more.

Buffy looked at Angel and smiled at him nervously, as he moved to embrace her. Spike’s jacket and pendant were making her feel better, giving her strength. It was making her feel safe to smell him on her. Angel pulled her into an embrace; she fought against the stiffness trying to come out. Her body was screaming at her that it was wrong; ignoring it she gave him a hug back.

Angel inhaled the scent of Buffy, she smelled like a baby now, instead of the vanilla he had been used to, he smelled Spike on the jacket, so it must have been his, and then there was another unfamiliar scent that was all over her. It was another male, and he sure as hell knew it wasn’t the immortal, or anyone in the Scoobies. He knew all of their scents. He stepped back, looking at her with a glint of jealousy in his eyes.

“So, Buffy who’s the new man? How long have you two been together?” Angel ground out, trying not to let the jealousy come out, but he was not succeeding.

“What are you talking about Angel?” Buffy asked, knowing who he was talking about.

“The new vampire you are screwing, does Dominic know your cheating on him?”

“Dominic? The Immortal? I am not dating him; I hate him with a passion!”

“Then who the hell is he? Who is the new vampire in your life? Do I get to meet him?” Angel was letting his jealousy really get the best of him, and he knew that he was being as Spike put it a ‘Nancy Boy’.

“Angel, things have changed a lot since I saw you last. I am….”

“Like what, Buffy, what has changed, is it a new vampire lover?”

“Like I was saying, before you rudely interrupted me, my life has changed a whole lot, Angel! I have had new additions in my life, and they mean so much to me. Three of the additions in particular mean a lot to me.” Buffy felt the tears coming, she knew that this was how he was going to react.

“What, three new lovers?”

“No, stop being stupid, I have something to tell you, I was keeping it secret…” Buffy was interrupted by the door opening. She turned around and had her eyes on Liam. He was coming through the door with the twins. He had them covered.

Angel knew that this was the other vampire that he had scented on Buffy. He was about to rush this new vampire, but Giles held him back with a Ripper growl. Angel just stayed in his spot. It didn’t stop him from glaring at the other vampire. Angel could feel that he was a very powerful vampire, and it shook him a little. Angel let his glare pass over the handsome vampire, taking him in, hating him.

Liam was 6’1, muscular but thin body build, which Buffy, had told him was a cross between what Angel had been and Spike, coppery blonde hair, hazel eyes, and full lips. Liam looked at Angelus, and didn’t see his body in Angel’s, but he hardly ever doubted anything Buffy told him. So he thought she saw it more than he did. That day he was wearing a green dress shirt and blue jeans. Buffy and his beloved told him he looked awesomely stunning.

Liam looked at Buffy, and he felt her nervousness and her unease. He looked at the vampire glaring at him; Liam just glared back daring the master vampire to try something. He knew this must be Angel; he knew he didn’t like him already. He may be a century younger than him, but he had more power than Angelus. Liam set the two carriers down on the ground and wrapped his arms around Buffy. He saw that this irked Angel, and he rather enjoyed it.

“Buffy, who is this?”The jealousy was really coming out in Angel’s voice.

Liam spoke up; he was still holding Buffy, who at this point was sobbing, due to being uncomfortable with this situation.

“You, must be Angelus, scourge of Europe.” Liam’s thick brogue was coming out.

“Yes, but not anymore, and who in the hell are you? So, Buffy what you have a thing for vampires with accents?” He spit out like it was a nasty taste in his mouth.

“I am Liam Sean Patrick Kincade.” Liam explained, to Angel, keeping his voice smooth. He was really enjoying Angelus’ display of jealousy.

“So what, Buffy you have a thing for vampires who have the name William or Liam?” The scent of Angel’s jealousy was rolling off of him, and Liam was enjoying it.

“I am not dating sweet Buffy. I am an important asset to Buffy, we have an unbreakable bond.” Liam said calmly, placing a gentle kiss on her head, she was so upset her body was shaking. He tightened his embrace around her.

Liam still smelled Angel’s scent, but he smelled a new one, yet old at the same time. It was the scent on Buffy’s jacket, but fresher. The scent was outside the door, and he picked up on a vampire’s signature. He knew who it was, and he was elated for his Buffy, and angry with the vampire who stood before him. He knew that Buffy had been right; he had been keeping a secret from her. His hazel eyes flashed silver with anger.

“Well if you have a bond like that, it sounds like you’re mated to one another.” Angel declared jealously, but backed up when he saw Liam’s eyes flash silver. Angel was going to keep his distance, but keep up his verbal attacks.

“No, the Powers sent me to her, we had an instant bond, and we love one another, which is more than I can say for you. You’re treating her badly, yet you claim you love her.” Liam was getting angrier with Angel. He felt his protectiveness trying to claw its way out farther.

“What is your relationship to her boy?” Angel growled at Liam.

Liam rubbed circles on Buffy’s back, he was still holding her. She had stopped sobbing, but he could tell she was not ready yet.

“I am telling you this once more; I am Liam Sean Patrick Kincade, husband to Dawn Serena Summers Kincade, brother to Buffy Anne Summers Hartley. I am an asset to my sister Buffy.” Liam said, kissing the top of Buffy’s head.

“Shhh…. Buffy, it will be okay. I am here to protect you always.” Liam’s eyes met Angel’s and he saw confusion cross his face.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spike had stepped off the elevator, he was on a mission, and he was going to tell the poof that he was going away, for some time to himself. Spike looked around trying to see if he could sense where the poof was. His eyes stopped on a 6’1, muscular but thin, coppery blonde man, walking down the hall towards the poof’s office. The man was holding what looked like to Spike, baby carriers. Spike thought at first it was Riley, but as he scented the air he realized that this was not Riley Finn, not as lumbering and oafish. Spike suddenly caught the vampire’s signature.

He was a more than a little intrigued as to what the vampire was doing. Spike held back a little bit to watch what he was going to do.

Spike watched as the vampire walked into the poof’s office. He heard the door click, and he had a feeling that something was about to happen. Luckily, Angel’s office had a window by the door he could see in. If this was probably going to be as entertaining as he thought it was going to be, Spike wasn’t going to miss it.

He stepped up to the window, looking inside; he saw something that surprised him. It was his slayer; she was in the poof’s office, with Giles, and the other male. If his heart could beat, it would break out of his chest. Spike was wondering what they were doing here. He heard Ripper’s growl, and it brought him back to the situation unfolding before his eyes. Spike knew who everyone in that office, except the other male, and he agreed with Peaches, who was he?

Spike heard the other male reply his name. “Liam Sean Patrick Kincade”. This piqued Spike’s curiosity more. He saw that Buffy had turned to this Liam; he saw the tears in her eyes. Two things at this time were starting to piss Spike off. 1) Angel was yelling at his mate, causing her to cry, and 2) Liam was the one holding her, comforting her, when it should be him doing so. He held back the urge to rush in there and cause another problem.

Spike was watching the scene unfold, and he had to laugh when the poof backed up suddenly. Spike was sensing that Liam had power, and was a worthy opponent of both of them. Then he heard Angel question again what he was to Buffy, and the answer he heard almost knocked him on his ass. He heard Liam reply, “I am telling you this once more; I am Liam Sean Patrick Kincade, husband to Dawn Serena Summers Kincade, brother to Buffy Anne Summers Hartley. I am an asset to my sister Buffy.” Well, that certainly explained some things to Spike except for the baby carriers. That was definitely getting his curiosity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angel looked at both Liam and Buffy, stunned, and then he looked over to a sitting Giles, whom looked very amused at the situation. Angel wanted to wipe the amused grin off of his face. He was very confused and angry, and curious about what Liam had brought in.He was really aggravated with Buffy. She had kept things from him, and that hurt a lot.

“Well Buffy, it looks like you’ve been keeping a lot of secrets from me. I hope you’re happy with yourself. I haven’t kept anything from you in a long time. I hope you feel really guilty.” Angel said, his voice dripping with venom.

Liam was still holding on to Buffy, hearing this made him snap. He continued to hold on to her, feeling her tears renewed in full force. He wanted to hurt Angel, show him who he was messing with. He wanted to hurt Angel for hurting Buffy, and his protectiveness was really growling.

“ANGELUS, there you are acting all high and mighty, kicking my Buffy while she’s down, taking her heart and stomping on it. I LOATHE you, you are nothing but SCUM! Here you are accusing her of keeping secrets from you. It is all stuff that really has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with you! YOU, are the one keeping secrets from HER! AREN’T YOU?! YOU POMPOUS DONKEY’S HIND END!” Liam was yelling at Angel, his eyes silver again, he was fighting himself to keep from knocking Angel out.

“You, standing outside the door, come in, now, time to reveal yourself. Please.” Liam said still holding on to her, but his eyes never left Angel’s face. The door opened, and then click closed. He knew that Spike had entered the room. Everything was about to fall into place. Spike was about to meet the rest of his family.

He smiled widely as he saw Angel’s face fall. Liam felt Buffy starting to pull away from him, and he started to let her go. He also knew that Spike was standing behind him, in the perfect spot for Buffy to see him immediately. Liam swore his unbeating heart jumped for joy, for Buffy’s returned mate.

Spike had walked into the office after he heard Liam order him to. He saw how furious niblet’s Liam, had gotten, and he wanted to laugh at Peaches, he wasn’t about to refuse the vampire who was protecting his love. Liam was alright in his book, they would get along perfectly. His blue eyes moved to Buffy moving away from Liam. She was starting to lift her head, and Spike started to brace himself. He was bloody nervous.

Buffy lifted her head from Liam’s chest. She wiped her eyes with her hands, she was still looking down, but she felt a pair of eyes staring at her. She looked up slowly, and her eyes locked with a piercing pair of deep ocean blue eyes. She’d know those eyes anywhere. She let out a gasp and said “It can’t be, I am imagining it.” She then fainted after he spoke.

Spike looked at her and shook his head. “No, my Goldilocks, it’s not your imagination.” He smiled at her, and before he knew it she had fainted.


Chapter End Notes:
Buffy found out some of Angel's secret, stay tuned, next time we see the fall out of his little secret, and maybe more?