Chapter 2: The Social Worker



Buffy recovered from the shock of a male social worker fairly quickly and in time to not make a fool of herself as she offered him her hand. “I’m Buffy Summers, Dawn’s sister. Please come in.”

The man smiled obviously charmed as he replied, “Charles Killin, social worker on Dawn’s case. Don’t mind if I do.”

He breezed by Buffy making himself right at home as he sat down on the chair in the living room leaving her to sit awkwardly and nervously on the couch. He took out his clipboard and got started barely giving her time to prepare herself, “So mind if I ask you a few questions Miss Summers?”

Buffy shook her head as the man continued barely skipping a beat, “I see here that you are indeed Dawn’s older sister by 6 years is it?”

Again Buffy nodded and he continued, “I also see that your dad is unreachable and your mother is dead. I’m sorry for your loss but is all this correct?”

Buffy again nodded and was about to elaborate but the man continued talking causing her to close her mouth not even getting a word out. “I see here that the house is paid for as well. That is a definite improvement from what the last social worker on your case found. How did you manage to pay off the house?”

Buffy stuttered since she knew that Spike must have done it without her knowledge which explained the lack of threatening letters laying around lately, “I am getting help from my boyfriend. I’m currently working at the chicken joint in town part time. I’m not sure that is on my file or not but he has helped out with the bills since he comes from a rich family…”

She was about to say more but Charles quickly cut her off again. She was finding herself feeling as though she was a child as he continued, “Does your boyfriend live here?”

Buffy shook her head, “No he has his own place and comes to visit and spends time with Dawn and myself. He helps us by cooking dinner a few nights a week and even helps Dawn with her homework.”

Charles smiled making Buffy feel a little more comfortable until she understood why, “He sounds like a keeper. You should be sure not to let him get away Miss Summers. Few guys in this world would help pay off bills, pay for your house in full as well as help care for your little sister. You are very lucky to have him. Now let’s get down to business, shall we? I have a checklist here that I need you to fill out and I need to see the living arrangements for those who are in the house. I need to know who lives here, who visits frequently as well as any other accommodations for caring for Dawn so we can get this horrible red mark off your file. The house itself looks very neat and tidy. Did you hire a house keeper Miss Summers?”

She shook her head, “No since I work 11 to 6 three days a week, I have time to keep up with the house work. I have 4 people living here total. My friends Willow and Tara who are college students, and there is Dawn and myself so someone is constantly around.”

She paused remembering what Spike had said while giving her advice, “Dawn is very well taken care of and always has an adult around. With so many adults in her life, she has really come around despite my mother’s death.”

Buffy couldn’t help the show of emotion in her voice and across her face as she mentioned her mother’s death. She had barely enough time to mourn her mother before she, herself, died and since she had returned, she had spent months in a whirlwind of emotions along with times feeling nothing at all.

Charles nodded making a few marks on his checklist as he lifted the paper taking out a piece of paper for Buffy, “If you don’t mind showing me around and then taking a minute to fill out this questionnaire, then we can finish up here.”

Buffy stood accepting the paper but didn’t look at it as she showed Charles around. He was constantly making notes making her nervous but she knew deep down it was going much better than last time. There were no drugs out, no magic items and the house was neat and tidy. Dawn’s grades had been improving and she was on time to school. She had also joined a singing group at school becoming actively involved by suggestion to a new friend of hers, Sandy.

Charles made many notes and then when he glanced into Willow and Tara’s room he commented, “They are together? As in a couple?”

Buffy bit her lower lip and he assured her, “It’s fine. I just need to note that on my file. There is nothing wrong with that sort of relationship. I was just curious is all.”

Buffy nodded not knowing what to say. She knew that people were often weird about such a thing but hoped it wouldn’t affect her chances with the social worker. She felt both Willow and Tara since Willow had been cutting back on her magic and Tara had removed back in, was greatly helping Dawn out. Seeing their love as well as her and Spike’s had really been teaching Dawn a lot about relationships.

She stepped back allowing Charles to leave the room as he continued to scribble walking down the stairs. Buffy controlled her temptation to glance over his shoulder to see what he was writing as she led him back into the living room. He gestured towards the table stating, “You can finish that questionnaire while I write down the rest of my notes but really Dawn seems to be thriving since the last notes were made in her file. Her grades are doing much better, she is involved in school and seems to have made many new friends. Her teachers are raving about how she is really turning into a beautiful young lady. At 15, life can be full of turns and changes. Losing a mother, being forced to be raised by an older sibling who is really just starting out her own life as well as dealing with unstable relationships can really create turmoil in Dawn’s life. She seems to be adjusting well though. So I commend you Miss Summers for doing a good job. It couldn’t have been easy on you.”

Buffy shook her head, “No it’s been hard at times but I love Dawnie and want to take care of her.”

Charles smiled, “At least you aren’t bitter. I’m so thankful to see that.”

Buffy quickly filled in her information, and updated status. She filled in what her plans were for the summer and fall as requested and listed the names of those actively involved in Dawn’s life and what role they played. She was feeling mighty confident when she handed the form back to Charles with a slight nod. He looked over it with a small smile, “It looks well set up Miss Summers. I think this should settle things up nicely. I will put on your file that I recommend a visit once more in the summer to see how Dawn is adjusting to summer life. Any changes with people who are in her life or any other changes in her life in general, please let me know. Here is my card. Good luck to you Miss Summers.”

Buffy smiled accepting the card breathing out a sigh in relief that the visit went so well. She walked Charles to the door and as she closed it, she barely hesitated to grab her coat and raced to Spike’s crypt to tell him the good news.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



“Guess what? The social worker came and he said we were doing well! He also told me something else. Spike wake up dammit.”

She jumped on the bed shaking him awake as she punched him in the chest, “You jerk, you could have told me that you paid off my house and helped with bills. I had to sit in front of the social worker and try not to look all surprised and then had to explain that you were a boyfriend from a rich family! It was awkward!”

Spike frowned, “I’m sorry luv, did it go badly?”

Buffy shook her head throwing herself at Spike as he wrapped his arms around her snuggling her by his side. She had gotten used to his shows of affection. She even found herself welcoming them at times and this was no exception as she rested her head on his shoulder ignoring the fact he was naked under the covers where he had been sleeping. “No it went really well! The house was all neat and tidy and the place was perfect. He said that Dawn was doing much better in school and that her teachers were commenting on how she was growing into a beautiful young lady. He commented that 15-year-olds go through a lot of changes and that she is adjusting well. He recommended another visit in the summer but she gets to stay!!!”

Spike smiled and hugged her tightly to his side as he grinned, “It’s Wednesday, no work today. Want to celebrate luv?”

He wagged his eyebrow at her and she placed a kiss on his lips turning her body to straddle his waist, “What do you have in mind oh sexy vampire?”

Spike smirked rolling over and lifting her under the covers so she was pinned under his body weight, “Well I have a few ideas.”

He ran his hand down her side lightly teasing her breasts before they came to rest high on her thigh. He lifted her skirt to her hip level as he teased her through her panties with his erection, “How do those suggestions sound slayer?”

She moaned in response and he grinned pulling her forward slightly to yank her shirt high over her arms and off her body tossing it somewhere in the room. She felt his fingers expertly flick open the bra and as he removed it from her arms, he again tossed it across the room.

She wiggled feeling his chest brush against her quickly hardening nibbles as he knelt upright allowing his glance to take in her naked body under her with a lick of his tongue over his lips. She could see his eyes flicker with desire as he leaned down slightly to lower her panties and then pulled down her skirt leaving her naked. She kicked off her boots, which he quickly tossed around in his crypt not really caring where they landed and he tossed her socks behind him as well.

She opened her arms as his eyes glazed over even more in pleasure but he refused to move until he had taken in his full. Sometimes when their nights had run late such as last night, they ended up passing out before their lovemaking. It made the next time they were together even hotter such as the case of today.

Spike finally lowered his body over her and she felt him start to worship her breasts. He wasted no time in devouring them making her squirm under him as he teased her nipples into tight buds and gently caressed her breasts making them feel like they were on fire. She moaned out his name in response to him switching breasts and she raised her hips in hopes to find release.

Spike seemed to have amazing restraint at times during his foreplay, which was something Buffy really loved about him. Since she had left him really touch and feel her, he had shown her places she had never known existed. He would bring her to the point of almost release only to tease her back down and do it again but today, he was eager and a tad anxious.

He kissed down her stomach enjoying the feel of Buffy’s hands in his hair until he finally reached his destination. He lightly blew across her lips causing her to raise them and moan out in pleasure. He grinned as he used his finger to tease her lips before rubbing his first finger against her nubbin and entrance.

She groaned as she whispered, “God Spike I need you!”

He leaned down licking her gently and then chuckled as he closed his mouth around her nubbin. She felt the vibrations, which drove her crazy and she pushed on his face trying to find some sort of release.

Spike lifted his head slightly shaking it at her as he whispered, “Let me taste you first, then I promise I’ll take good care of you like always luv.”

Buffy released her grip as she relaxed her fingers and then felt him suck hard on her nubbin as a low moan escaped from her body. As he moved his tongue to tease her entrance, she could swear there were stars in front of her eyes dancing. He brought her to the edge of pleasure and just as she was about to scream out her release he stopped moving his body against hers and kissed her hard as he slammed into her sending her over the edge. She clamped her legs around his waist and held on to his back tightly as she shuddered out her release.

The second she calmed down, he began to set a constant rhythm that she was able to match. He kissed down her neck as he felt her explore his back and as he reached the pressure point, he sucked hard leaving a hickey. She was lost in pleasure and didn’t care as she dug her nails into his back. He returned his mouth to kissing her and it was her turn to kiss down his neck only pausing to suckle on his earlobe to make him shudder as he struggled for control. She knew his weak points, his neck and earlobes and with their frantic lovemaking, she knew she needed them both to find release this time.

He picked up the tempo hearing her moans turn into gasps as her inner muscles took over the work making it harder for him to keep control. Sometimes he had found himself after their lovemaking, wondering how any humans survived her lovemaking. Her inner muscles would clamp down so hard making it impossible even for someone with his strength to move and this time was no exception. He kissed down the opposite side of her neck to the side that was bare of marks and used his human teeth to bite bluntly causing her to shudder and dig her nails into his back. The smell of his blood filled the air as he managed to pull out of her one more time to slam back into her.

He lifted his head to roar out her name in his release as she followed with a loud moan followed by his name.

Both lay spent on his bed where he pulled her into his arms and under the covers to nap. He checked his alarm one more time, which was on for 3 before pulling the shirt he kept next to the bed over Buffy’s head and pulling on the pants onto his legs. He knew that Dawn might come to the crypt if she found the house empty and didn’t want to take any chances of scarring her for life. Between both of their late night and their exhaustion from lovemaking, they were asleep together in a matter of minutes.