Author's Chapter Notes:
Again unbetaed but I put in a few requests to see if I can't get any new stories betaed and hopefully get some of the ones already done up to speed. Hope you enjoy and feel free to let me know any mistakes you see.

Chapter 7: New Friends



Buffy glanced around the small hut seeing a strange purple demon with horns with his arm wrapped around a smaller version of this demon. Held within the smaller demon was a tiny screaming demon. The larger demon spoke to Spike and Buffy, “Welcome to this horrible world.”

Buffy smiled, “You speak English? Thank god. No disrespect towards the other demon but I couldn’t understand a word he said.”

The male demon smiled at Buffy, “Hanson speaks only three languages, none of them English. My name is Kingsley and this is my mate, Tasha and our little one, Gerald. We met in the real world but didn’t get together until we were thrown together in this world. Amazing what fighting for your life and being faced with your mortality, can do to a demon in making a life long decision.”

Buffy glanced towards Spike who spoke up, “Glad to meet you. I’m Spike and this here is Buffy.”

Tasha patted the baby on the back as she bounced him in her arms, “I’m glad to meet you two. Um is your mate the slayer?”

Buffy peered with distrust at Tasha, “I am the slayer. I’m not his mate though.”

Spike shrugged, “She’s my girlfriend.”

Both demons chuckled and Buffy put her hands on her hips obviously upset, “What’s so funny?”

Tasha stopped laughing and spoke gently towards Buffy, “I’m sorry. It’s just…I’ve never heard of a vampire having a girlfriend before. And I’ve certainly never heard of a slayer having a vampire as a boyfriend. Vampires only usually get with their own kind and the word boyfriend when applied to a vampire is funny sounding. It’s not custom for them to mix with humans and to be content and fulfilled with just a boyfriend status.”

Buffy felt confused but said nothing more as Spike turned towards Kingsley and Hanson and fell into the foreign tongue Buffy had heard for two days now while Buffy turned back towards Tasha. Tasha stood up while talking to Buffy, “If you want to come with me, we can talk a little more while I put Gerald to sleep. I’d love the company. I haven’t been in a female’s presence for a few years now.”

Buffy nodded in agreement and followed Tasha into a back room of the hut. She watched as Gerald was placed into a simple wooden crib, which was rocked causing Gerald to coo and curl up in a sleeping position. Tasha smiled at Buffy, “So do you love Spike? You guys look great together. I’m sorry I laughed before, I just have never heard of a vampire living with a human especially one he has not tasted before. It’s not normal. Most humans are turned into sex slaves or pets…”

Buffy frowned, “What’s mated?”

Tasha grinned, “It’s beautiful. During mating or sex as you humans call it, you take his blood and he takes yours and you both say mine, followed by yours and you are joined for all eternity. It’s more powerful than the simple form of human marriage because it really is forever. There is no divorce or separation but you will never be alone. No matter where you go, what you do, or he does, you will always have Spike. That makes it totally worth it. It’s not widely practiced with vampires as many are not loyal and the results of not being loyal aren’t pretty. Plus it creates more danger with vampires than they have alone but the feelings are like nothing you have ever experienced before. When you meet your one true love as a demon or vampire especially…well it’s a craving like nothing you have ever felt before. It’s intense. It’s actually a wonder he hasn’t bitten you before…”

Buffy said nothing preferring to ponder over Tasha’s words as Gerald fell into a deep sleep. Tasha leaned over kissing his head as she turned towards Buffy, “I’m really glad to meet you. I never imagined meeting the slayer before. I have been alive 500 years and I have never before met a slayer. We Menuel demons don’t go out much. We usually stay in communities raising our own food, taking care of our own young, and never deal with the outside world much. We stick to our own kind so therefore we never have a reason to run into a slayer. Have you ever heard of us?”

Buffy shook her head and Tasha smiled, “So what do you know of his world?”

Buffy shrugged, “Not much. We’ve only just arrived last night by accident.” Tasha patted the floor next to the place she had sat down at and Buffy hesitated only a moment before joining her, “Well it’s owned by Skuttle and used to hold his enemies. We were sucked in by a silver ball.”

Tasha nodded, “Crystal ball. It is only silver once it’s been activated in the last 3 days. After 3 days, it glows brightly and shines in the form of a crystal ball.”

Buffy sighed, “I did find it then. Anyway that’s pretty much all we know other than most who enter die.”

Tasha nodded, “My brother was sent in here with us but died to a bear-like creature. The other girl who was sent in with us was taken captive and shot by the natives.”

Buffy frowned, “Is there a way out?” Tasha shrugged with a slight frown, “I don’t know. We avoid the outside world when we can but we do venture about looking for better places to stay and better food sources. We also have to hunt pretty far at times to find the proper food for Gerald.”

Buffy nodded understandingly. She heard Spike whispering her name and she turned to Tasha, “I’d better go see what Spike wants. Thanks for talking with me.”

Tasha turned and watched Buffy walk to Spike’s side who immediately hugged her to his side and she leaned against him welcoming the gesture even if she would not admit it. Tasha said no more about the subject of claiming though. Spike explained to Buffy that they were going to travel to the two locations the others were brought in to see if it’s all in the same location or not. Then they would discuss where to go from there. Buffy readily agreed accepting Spike’s hand as they started on another journey.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike and Buffy walked hand in hand for hours. The sun was already beginning to set when Hanson pointed to an area in the woods. It was not close to where Buffy and Spike were brought in so apparently it was not a ripple in time and space as he had expected.

They continued walking for yet another hour until the sun was well on its way to setting and Buffy’s eyes were starting to strain. She found herself wishing that the sky would have stars or some sort of light at night but the demons with her didn’t seem to notice. Sometimes Tasha would pause to set up Gerald for feeding but otherwise, they continued until they came to a small clearing. Tasha stopped as did Kingsley. Kingsley nodded towards the group pointing to a small bush, “We were brought in at that bush. Since there is no relation, I’m thinking Spike you were wrong about a time and space ripple. Where does that leave us now?”

Spike grew quiet as his senses picked up something but before he could respond, the group found themselves surrounded by natives. Spike roared trying to scare them away but they seemed unphased as the head native stepped forward, “You are being placed under arrest where you will be brought before our King and then promptly executed for your wrong doings.”

Spike roared pushing Buffy behind him knowing she didn’t understand a word of what was being said and he didn’t want her reacting before it was time. He stepped forward towards the head native, “Just what were our wrong doings?”

The natives all laughed but only the head native spoke again, “You were trapped here for a reason. Follow us willingly or we will execute you on sight.”

Spike frowned but glanced towards Buffy who was wide-eyed clinging to the back of Spike’s duster. He sighed not wanting her to die so young and turned towards the head native agreeing. Spike took Buffy’s hand explaining to her, “We have to bloody follow him. Perhaps being brought before the head bloke is our ticket out of here luv. It can’t hurt.”

Spike then turned towards the others telling them in their language to follow him. Buffy nodded in agreement trusting Spike and not even questioning why as she accepted his hand and walked with the natives surrounding them all. The others fell in line behind Spike not knowing what else to do. It was pitch dark by now but the only one struggling to walk was Buffy. She had been pulled into Spike’s arms to stumble in front of him. He kept his arms wrapped around her waist to gently guide her safely in front of him understanding in the darkness, her eyes wouldn’t accommodate. Buffy found herself in the first time in a while, cursing her calling yet lack of skills. Wouldn’t it make sense for the people who created the original slayer, to give her great night vision? She trusted Spike though and soon found herself being pushed gently into a room that had flames lighting up the place.

She sighed in relief as she glanced around her finally able to see for the first time in hours. She saw a stone castle that was cold and rather damp for being inside. She fell in step beside Spike who left her walk by her side knowing she could see now and she said not a word knowing no one would understand her anyway. The natives were speaking in their tongue, which annoyed Buffy who she couldn’t understand. Why did demons have to have such strange languages? She wondered how Spike got to learn all these languages but figured 120 years on earth might do that to a person. She was sure throughout his years, he had the pleasure of meeting all sorts of demons.

She glanced at him and noticed he was studying the natives who were talking intently. She figured he was translating in his head what they were saying so she left him alone. She heard Gerald let out a snore and was thankful the baby was asleep as it might be a blessing he wasn’t screaming in fear. It might make the head guy nicer seeing a sleeping baby in a woman’s arms. She glanced around studying the weapons of the natives. There were simple but were a mix between wood and metal. She knew the metal would probably kill her, and the wooden ones would kill Spike so attacking them at this point of time was silly and would result in their deaths. She squeezed his hand slightly as he glanced in her direction looking solemn and she could tell he was still concentrating on the voices.

Finally they came to the end of a hallway and the head native opened the door to a beautiful throne room. It was lined with gold and silver and held a huge bed covered with native women barely dressed. Buffy resisted the urge to cover Spike’s eyes but she noticed his eyes barely glanced over them before falling on the face of the head King. She gasped as she recognized him as none other than Skuttle. She heard him say something she couldn’t understand and she felt herself being pulled away from Spike. She cried out, “Spike!”

Spike cried out her name as well but it was useless as they were both being held by arrow and sword point and then each were ushered into separate rooms. As they were about to close the door, she noticed everyone in their party except Tasha who still had the sleeping Gerald, were separated into different rooms.

Buffy let out a slight moan as she realized her chances of escaping were minimal now that she was alone in a room with four natives who had weapons while she had none. She had felt safe with Spike but now without Spike by her side, she felt weak and helpless. She still had to fight. She threw a punch towards one native who stabbed her arm with a sword and she kicked it out of his hand and into the air where she caught it slicing one of the native’s head off his shoulders. The other natives quickly rushed in punching her and an arrow sliced through her arm causing her to cry out in pain but still she fought on. She managed to nick the arm of another native before she was grazed by another arrow only this time aimed at her head. She felt he blood pour into her eyes as she wiped it away managing to injure another native which got to close. She was just about to slice another native’s head off as she heard the door open.