Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been a while, I had a bad case of writer's block on both my fics.
I've almost got another chappie for Older, and I have these two for this fic.
I'm going back t uni soon, so I will just update when I can.
Thanks to all those who have reviewed so far. Milk and cookies for all. bc1880
Chapter 4 (Old Friends And New Meetings Part 2)

“Hi, guys,” Buffy said with a nervous smile. “Miss me?”

“My God, Buffy!” Giles exclaimed as he rushed forward to give his lost charge a hug. “Where have you been these past five years? I wanted to look for you like I did before, but your mother said no, to leave you be this time.”

Joyce saw this as the time to leave, but as she went Katie-Beth looked up. “Who are they, mommy?” she whispered to Buffy.

“Just mommy’s friends, sweetie,” Buffy explained and Katie-Beth frowned. “Why don’t you go and help Gramma finish up in the kitchen.” Katie-Beth nodded and trotted off to the kitchen holding onto Joyce’s hand happy to be away from the ones who kept her daddy from her.

“You have a daughter?” Willow asked. “Where’s her father?”

Buffy smiled, this could not be more of an opportune moment. “He’s here,” Buffy said as she felt Spike wrap his arms around her waist. “Spike’s her father.”

“How is that possible?” Xander almost shouted. “He’s a fucking vampire, the undead. They can’t have children.”

"Mind your language Alexander Lavelle Harris," Willow scolded. "There are children in the house." Xander just hung his head in shame.

“Yes they can, it happened twice with me,” Buffy smirked. “But only the Aurealias bloodline. Willow told me. I’ll show you. Be back in a minute.” Buffy left the room and everyone just stared after her. “Mom, did you keep the papers I told you about?”

“Yes, they’re in my desk,” Joyce said. “Why?”

“To prove to Xander that Spike’s Katie-Beth’s dad,” Buffy said. “He doesn’t believe me. In fact, sweetie, why don’t you go through to daddy and he’ll introduce you to my friends.”

“Okay, mommy,” Katie-Beth smiled as she jumped down from the stool. “But I don’t know if I like them. They kept daddy from me and I don’t want to be away from him.” Katie-Beth began to cry at the thought of loosing her dad after only finding him.

“Oh, sweetie,” Buffy soothed trying to get her daughter’s tears under control. “It wasn’t my friend’s faults. It was mine. I was just scared but having you has made me realize how stupid I was being. So why don’t you go and meet my friends and you can show them what a lovely little girl you are. I’ll be back down in a minute. Love you, kiss?”

“Okay,” Katie-Beth said as she stood on her tip-toes to kiss Buffy’s cheek. “Love you too mommy.” She then ran into the living room to see her dad.

Buffy smiled at the sound of laughter and headed upstairs but as she passed the front door, the door opened and Dawn came in carrying some textbooks followed by a gangly brunette boy carrying a large poster board.

“Hey Dawn, is this Conner?” Buffy asked her sister.

“Yeah,” Dawn blushed. “We’re just going to put this stuff in my room and then go and see mom.”

“Here, I’ll help,” Buffy said as she took some of the textbooks from Dawn and headed up the stairs. “I was just heading up to get the papers that can confirm that Spike is Katie-Beth’s dad for Xander.”

Dawn smiled at Conner when Buffy said that and once Buffy had left them alone with a warning that if they weren’t downstairs in five minutes she would send Spike up to them, she elaborated on the smile. “Spike and your mom and dad are of the same vampiric bloodline so you’re the living proof that Aurealias vampires can reproduce human children.”

“But, at least wait ‘til my dad arrives to mention that,” Conner said as he made his way to the bedroom door. “I don’t want everyone to hate me on principle just because of who my mom and dad are.”

“Okay,” Dawn smiled. Ready to find out how Spike will receive the guy who’s moving in on his little Nibblet?”

Conner nodded his head, but looked visibly sick.


Chapter 5 (Catching Up and Finding Out)

“Here it is,” Buffy said as she entered the living room with a handful of papers. “I told you Xander that I had the proof that Spike is Katie-Beth’s dad.”

The look Katie-Beth gave Xander when she heard Buffy say that made Xander glad that looks couldn’t kill. There was pure venom in her eyes.

“Spike is my daddy,” Katie-Beth said to the whole room. “We have the same eyes and momma told me I have the same smart mind as daddy.”

Xander’s girlfriend Anya took the silence to add her knowledge of formerly being a vengeance demon for over a thousand years. “It’s true Xander,” Anya said. “Va…”

Buffy interrupted there. “Spike, can you take Katie-Beth to help my mom?” she asked. “This conversation isn’t the type for little ears. And Dawn, does Conner know?”

“Yeah,” Conner said. “But I think Dawn should introduce me to your mom, rather than become involved in this conversation. It’s just between you and your friends.”

“Okay, Conner,” Buffy said. “Well, why don’t you and Dawn take Katie-Beth with you.”

The gang waited as the three youngest members in their midst left the room and headed to the kitchen. Once Spike nodded in assurance that they were out of hearing range Anya began her explanation.

“Xander, I’ve been alive a lot longer than anyone in this room, so I know a lot more about vampires than anyone here,” she began. “Yes, there have been vampires that have fathered children in the past and as far as I know they have all been of the Aurealias line.”

“Yeah, and here’s the proof,” Buffy said handing Giles the papers to read as she knew Xander would ignore them. “Willow found them one night not long after her ‘Thy Will Be Done’ mistake. It kind of explained some things for me as I had been feeling ill for a few days before.”

“Why would you be worried about feeling ill?” Xander asked.

“Because Spike and I had snuck off to Giles’ bathroom when Giles had fallen asleep due to the alcohol,” Buffy explained. “And also, I had fallen pregnant to Angel that one time back in high school. But due to a combination of the stress that he put me under when he was Angelus and the flu I miscarried before I could tell any of you.”

Spike could sense that Buffy was getting upset at Xander so he stepped up to the plate to deal with the problem. “Listen, Whelp,” he began. “You may not like this because it’s obvious that you still think that she’ll choose you. But get it through your thick skull into your tiny brain; you’re more of a brother to Buffy, not a potential soul mate.”

“What? And you are?” Xander asked taking the bait that Spike had dangled in front of him. “A soulless monster thinks he’s the soul mate for the Slayer?”

“Shut it, Xander,” both Buffy and Anya yelled at the brunette.

“Xander, why do you still think I would have feelings for you?” Buffy asked sympathetically. “You’ve got yourself a brilliant girlfriend, who has a good head on her shoulders according to my mom. So wizen up and take notice of her. I’ve got myself a brilliant little girl and a brilliant guy. I’ve started to build my own little family, so you and Anya should, too. As for Spike not having a soul, I think that’s because for all these years I’ve been carrying it for him. One of the reasons why he was never able to stay away from here.”

“Ah,” Anya gasped. “Now I know what I see when I look at you.” Everyone started to look at Anya, questioning looks in their eyes. “When I was human before, I was able to read people’s auras,” she began to explain. “And when I look at Buffy, I see the guilt she carries about running, the love she has for her family and friends, the power of being the Slayer and a little something extra. But when she’s near Spike, that ‘something extra’ grows to engulf Spike, too and their auras become complete. Do you see that, too, Tara?”

The looks then turned to the shy woman clinging to Willow’s hand. “Y-yeah,” Tara stuttered, Willow gave Tara’s hand a comforting squeeze and she continued with confidence. “It’s so beautiful and strong. When we came in, their auras were overwhelming because Katie-Beth’s aura was entwined with her parents’.”

“Thank you, Tara, Anya,” Buffy said with a warm smile. “Now, back to where I’ve been for the past five years.

“Yes, well,” Giles began as he removed his glasses to clean them. “Your mother had told me that you wanted to check out the Hellmouth in Cleveland, but I’m guessing with raising a daughter you were somewhere else?”

“Yeah,” Buffy smiled. “I was living in Boston. I asked my dad if I could stay in the house he has in Boston and he let me. As for money, my dad also seen to it because he wasn’t having to pay Dawn’s private tuition.”

“Well, what did you do all that time if you weren’t slaying?” Willow asked. “Other than raising a daughter, of course.”

“Well, remember the few classes I did take interest in before I left, besides Psych 102?” Buffy asked and Willow nodded. “Well, one of the professors encouraged me to work on my own artwork, so I did. I’ve made a living out of selling my own paintings.”

Just then Joyce, Dawn, Conner and Katie-Beth entered the living room. “Everything sorted?” Joyce asked and Giles nodded his head as he wrapped his arm around Joyce’s shoulder.

“Momma draws pretty pictures,” Katie-Beth said as she tugged on Willow’s skirt. “Most of them are of daddy, but I didn’t know when she drawed them.”

“Sweetie, it’s ‘drew them’,” Buffy blushed. “And those ones I kept, I didn’t sell any of those.”

“You’ve painted pictures off me, luv?” Spike asked in awe and Buffy nodded. “You’ll need to show me some of them when we go and pack up the rest of your stuff in Boston when you’re moving back here.” The last part was whispered so low that only Buffy could here him.

“In fact,” Buffy began in a normal tone. “I think you’ve all seen some of my work. But I signed them Elizabeth Williams.”

“Really?” Giles said in surprise. “I bought one of the first that appeared in your mother’s gallery. I have it in my office as it reminded me of Hyde Park. Your work is really quite amazing.”

“Got to agree with the Watcher there, pet,” Spike said with a slight grunt as he lifted Katie-Beth up. “I’ve seen your work in the gallery an’ when we’re over his place for meetings an’ what not.”

“Your work is really good,” Anya stated in her usual blunt way. “If all your paintings are so good, you must have lots of money. If you ever need any help looking after your money I will help you. For a small price of course.”

“Ahn,” Xander chastised. “Do you have to be so blunt sometimes? Especially about money and, um, other things.”

“It’s okay Xander, I’m starting to get used to Anya again,” Buffy said as she hugged him. “It’s been so long since I’ve seen all of you so let me hug you all.” Buffy went round everyone, but when she came to Giles, she stopped. “When did you get a house big enough to have an office? I’ve seen your old place; there was hardly any room anywhere.”

“I’ll tell you later when there are no young ears around,” Giles whispered.

“Dawn, Conner,” Buffy said. “Can you take Katie-Beth outside? There’s more things I need to talk to Giles about.”

The two teens took one of Katie-Beth’s hands and took her towards the front door. “We’re just going to take her to the park down the street, okay?” Dawn asked.

“Sure,” Buffy said and once the door was closed she turned towards Giles. “So, who’s been looking after the Hellmouth all these years I’ve been gone?”


Chapter End Notes:
I will try and work on more chappies for both fics, but as I said uni is back soon and it's 2nd year.
I was only planning on posting one chappie, but I was short, so I had to post both. Please review.