Author's Chapter Notes:
After much response for this fic, I decided to treat my reviewers with the next chapter.
Chapter 1 (Welcome To Sunnydale)

FIVE YEARS LATER

“Mommy, the phone’s ringing,” the blonde haired four year old called as she lay on her stomach watching ‘Sponge Bob Squarepants.

“Well, answer it,” the girl’s mother answered. “It may be gramma. She said she would call today.”

That got the little girl up and answering the phone. “Hello?” the small voice asked. She listened patiently as the funny man on the phone asked for her mommy. She nodded as if the man would see her, and then ran off into her mom’s art studio. “There’s a funny man on the phone asking for you. His voice was funny and he kept calling me funny names. I tried to tell him I wasn’t little bit but Katie-Beth, but he wouldn’t listen.”

The little girl’s mom just smiled and turned the little girl out of the room as she went to pick up the cordless and make sure Katie-Beth wasn’t listening in and then turned to the conversation on the phone with the ‘funny man’. “Hello?” she greeted. “Buffy Summers speaking, how may I help you?”

“Hey, pet,” the ‘funny man’ greeted and the low timbre of his voice made Buffy shiver. “Who was it who answered the phone?”

“Hey, Spike,” Buffy greeted more friendly. “That was ou… um, my daughter, Katie-Beth. She called you ‘the funny man’ who ‘kept calling her funny names’.” The joking nature soon left Buffy’s voice when she realized the only people to ever call her directly to this number were her parents. “Spike, why are you calling and where did you get my number?”

“Your mum’s ill, luv,” Spike replied, loosing the playful tone in his voice. “Brain tumor. She gave me the number when the docs told her that she needed surgery. I was quite surprised to find out you were in Boston when I was lead to believe you were in Cleveland for the past four years. And now I find out you’ve got a daughter.”

Buffy flinched at the hurt and betrayed tone in Spike’s voice. “I’m sorry, Spike,” Buffy sincerely apologized. “The only people who knew where I was for the past four years were my mom and dad. I didn’t want Giles to track me down and drag me back to Sunnyhell. Not with the risk of putting my daughter in danger.”

“Are you going to come back for your mum?” Spike asked. “Let her meet her granddaughter and son in law?”

“Yeah,” Buffy agreed with a smile. “But it will only be her granddaughter. I’m not married and I’m not involved with anyone. Katie-Beth’s dad was a one night stand just over five years ago. The guy told me he was infertile, but that lie led to the most important thing in my life. I’ll try and get a flight as soon as possible that lands at Sunnydale after sunset that way you can pick us up.”

“Sure thing, pet,” Spike smiled. “Let me know the details of your flight when you’ve fixed it up. See you then, bye.”

They both bade their farewells and hung up. Spike going back to check on Joyce and Buffy to finish her latest work of art ‘Warm Blue Eyes’.

S***B

Four days later, found Buffy and Katie-Beth on the connecting flight to Sunnydale from LAX. Their flight from Boston was delayed and Katie-Beth became restless while waiting for take-off, but luckily, she had fallen asleep this time while waiting for take-off. With Hank paying for the tickets for the journey, Buffy found herself in business class and was able to call Spike to let him know of the delay. He had offered to drive to LA to pick them up, but Buffy said no as it would be hard to explain to Katie-Beth why the windows were painted black on his car. Spike reluctantly agreed to what Buffy said and decided that he needed to get them a gift each.

Heading out with about an hour before the flight was due to arrive, Spike drove towards the mall and ran in as soon as he got there. He was desperate to see Buffy after so many years. The spell may have been broken, but the feelings it evoked appeared to be real and he wanted to find out if Buffy felt the same.

Waiting in the arrivals lounge, Spike was holding a conversation with the soft toy that he had bought Katie-Beth. It was a cow with the name ‘Daisy’ embroidered into the material near the tail. It was a coincidence that the cow was called Daisy because he had bought Buffy a bouquet of her favorite flowers, which he had found out during the spell were daisies. The announcement over the PA system that the flight from LAX was now landing got Spike standing and heading over to the gate that was the closest he could get to his girls.

S***B

The minute the plane landed there was a pair of sleepy blue eyes peering around the cabin. “Where are we, mommy?” the small voice of Katie-Beth asked.

“We’ve just landed in Sunnydale, Sweetie,” Buffy answered feeling herself drown in the blue eyes that belonged to one other person than Katie-Beth. “When we come off the plane, there will be a man there waiting for us. The last time I saw him his hair looked white and wore black clothes, but I don’t know if he still looks like that,” Buffy explained to her daughter. “Knowing Spike he won’t have changed. Been like that since the 70’s,” she added quietly.

“Is he the funny man that called the other day when I was watching Sponge Bob?” Katie-Beth inquired, breaking into Buffy’s quiet musings. Buffy nodded. “So, he’ll call me those funny names again?” Buffy nodded once again. “I think I’ll like him.” Katie-Beth then went back to playing with the stuffed toy Buffy had given her on her first birthday, Mr. Gordo.

That’s good Buffy thought. You like Spike, so I hope that there’s no problems when I tell him he’s your daddy. Of course there won’t be a problem. One look at Katie-Beth and he’ll be wound around her little finger. She’ll definitely be her daddy’s girl...

Buffy’s line of internal monologue was broken, yet again, only this time it was by the internal PA system letting the passengers know that it was time for them to depart the plane. Gathering up her hand luggage, Buffy lifted Katie-Beth into her arms and began towards the exit of the plane. Where she started up her internal conversation again.

God, I can’t believe how much I’ve missed Sunnyhell in just four years. Bloody hell, that is not of the good, I’m using ‘Spikeisms’. I guess I really missed him too. That spell was an eye-opener. The reason I tried to hold onto Angel for so long was because I felt as though he was my last connection to Spike. Angel. I wonder if he knows I left Spike in charge of the Hellmouth? He’ll probably give me a lecture if he does.

Buffy was able to keep a grip on the wriggling four year old in her arms and continue her lines of thought up to a point. It seemed the most multi-tasking she could do at the moment was two as Katie-Beth managed to wriggle free when Buffy was being cleared by security. She hated flying at the best of times, but since 9/11 it was worse. And now she was trying to keep an eye on the mischievous blonde girl running around the terminal while getting their passports checked and cleared. Buffy had just turned her eyes away for a second to put the passports into her bag when she lost sight of Katie-Beth.

Knowing that the girl was running around near the gate to the arrivals lounge, Buffy headed out that way, praying to whoever would listen to her to keep her little girl safe. She was still begging in her head when she realized that she had run into a strong, black cotton covered, cold chest. She didn’t have to look up to know who she ran into was. Spike!


Chapter End Notes:
Although this is out of schedule for my posts, I'm going back to the weekly posts on a Friday after this for both fics.