When he woke up the next day, she was curled around him, one leg entwined with his, her arm slung over his chest. He sighed and ran his fingers gently through her hair. She stirred with a cute little moan.

“Morning, baby.” His sleep choked voice drifted down to her.

“I’m your baby now? What happened to pet?”

“You can be whatever you want to be.”

“Think I’ll just be Buffy for now.” She replied enigmatically.

“Okay, Buffy. How about that coffee?” She giggled.

“I need a shower. And clothes.”

“The first one I can help you with. The second one’s a little trickier, but I’ll do what I can to keep you from runnin’ out of here again.” She blushed and nervously fidgeted with her hands.

“Yeah, about that…” She started.

“You woke up in a stranger’s bed and panicked?” He asked, cocking an eyebrow and looking down at her.

“Pretty much, yeah.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“’S okay. I’m over it.” She giggled. He ran his fingers through her hair reassuringly.

“Obviously. Then, I guess my dress will have to do another day… but when do I get this shower?”

“Whenever you want, Buffy.” She purred and nuzzled his neck like a cat. Then she rolled right over him, planted her feet on the floor, and darted away.

“Last one in’s a rotten something-or-other!” She called over her shoulder. He growled playfully and was on his feet in a flash. He was about to reach out and grab her when the bathroom door shut in his face. Almost instantly, the shower started.

With a laugh, he yanked the door open and rushed up behind her, grabbing her by the waist before she could step in.

“Let’s be rotten together, yeah?” He rumbled in her ear. She nuzzled her head back against his cheek and sank backwards against his body.

“Okay.” She conceded with a grin. Smiling and eyeing each other warily, they stepped into the shower at the same time, his arms still somehow wrapped around her. Like a gentleman, he let her have the water first.

“So, Buffy likes to play, hmm?” He asked, nipping at her neck.

“Sometimes. What about Spike? Does Spike like to play?”She wiggled her butt against the hardness she felt growing behind her.

“Sometimes. Mostly, though…” He spun her around and pressed her against the wall at the back of the shower. “Spike likes to fuck.” He growled before kissing her roughly. She responded with equal fervor. He lifted her up, smoothly and easily, never breaking contact with her mouth.

“Unh! You’re strong!” She felt the need to proclaim.

“I work out.” He groaned. “Guide me in, baby.” He commanded. She reached down and griped his erection, pumping it the rest of the way to full mast before using his shoulder as leverage to lift herself slightly up, and guided him home.

He groaned as her wet heat surrounded him, matching the temperature of the shower spraying against his back. Ordinarily, the shower was one of his favourite places for foreplay, but something about her playful display and the way she’d looked under the water-even for the nanosecond he’d let her stand there- had him aching to be back inside, despite the all-nighter they’d just pulled. This girl was going to be the death of him.

And speaking of…

“Unh! Harder! God, yeah, harder!” She was yelling while clawing at his back. He obliged, plunging up into her ferociously. Her head whipped back and forth as she screamed “Yes!” over and over.

“Fuck, baby, gonna be a quick one.” He growled into her neck as he already felt his balls tightening.

“Yeah, yeah, okay, just… make me cum…” She moaned desperately.

“What do you need?” He growled commandingly into her ear.

“Just like this, just… just a little more…” He held himself at bay and kept up the pace. She screamed and moaned and clawed but wouldn’t go over the edge.

He growled and bit her neck- hard- to hold himself back. And that did it. Her nails dug in, her heels dug in, and her walls clamped around him, squeezing his own orgasm out of him as she threw her head back and wailed his name.

He pulled out and lowered her gently and proceeded to simply hold her against the wall, panting. She gripped him numbly and panted back. And then she started to panic a little.

“There- um…” She started to say.

“Whatssat, pet?”

“A condom… there… there wasn’t one. Just now.” She managed to squeak out. His body tensed and he took a couple of steps back so that he could look at her.

“Right.” She bit her lip, wondering if it was rude to ask the obvious question, and how exactly to frame it. So, got any new and interesting diseases you need to tell me about? Somehow, she thought that would go over like a lead balloon.

“I’ve uh… I’ve been tested for everything under the sun, and… well, I don’t have any of it.” He said, mostly because of the abject fear in her eyes. Fear he really, really hoped wasn’t there because her record wasn’t clean.

“I’ve never had unprotected sex.” She blurted. He blinked. A lot.

“Wha… really?”

“Yeah.” She said with a little shrug, biting her lip. She looked a little embarrassed. He felt like an ass. Her first time without a net had been hard and absurdly fast, against the wall of a hotel room shower, and now she was the one that was embarrassed. He stroked her cheek.

“Fuck, pet, I’m… I’m sorry.” He said softly.

“What? Why?”

“Well, because… it shouldn’t have been like… like that.” She laughed.

“What? I mean, it’s not like I was a virgin or anything. And, I mean, I forgot, too. I didn’t even think about it when you… and then…” She was blushing.

“Still, I mean…” He shrugged and felt more like an ass. “I’ve had a vasectomy.” He blurted out, thinking for some reason it would help ease the tension. It, in fact, had the opposite effect.

“Really?” He nodded. “Why?”

“Long, long story, pet. I’ve uh… I’ve got the results of my… you know, tests… with me somewhere. It’s kind-of a pick-me-up when I’m feeling down.” God, this was awkward. And why the hell was he suddenly blurting out every little thing that came into his head. Why don’t you tell her you keep the results with you ‘cause you’re bloody amazed your whore of an ex girlfriend didn’t give you SuperAids? Think that’ll ease the tension here, you ruddy jackass?

“That’s um… that’s good. Can we… Can we just shower now?” She asked, in a light tone of voice, trying to wriggle out of this godawful conversation.

“Yeah, pet.” He nodded. A lot. “Think you’ve worn me out, anyway.” He added with a smirk and a nervous laugh. She snorted, taking his cue to break up the seriousness and the tension, pronto.

I wore you out? Reverse that and then we’ll talk.

“How about we just agree that we’ve worn each other out?”

“Psshh. I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one, Mr. Half Mast This Very Moment.” She said with a glance down and sidestepped around him and into the water.

“Oh, no you don’t…” He pulled her out of the stream by the waist and stepped in himself, then promptly started making a show of wetting his hair.

“You big jerk!” She cried out and pushed him lightly forward and out of the water. “Haven’t you ever heard the phrase ‘Ladies first’?” She asked smugly. He looked around, confused.

“I don’t see any ladies here. A dirty little sex pot, maybe, but no ladies.” He laughed at the genuinely shocked expression on her face. To her credit, she quickly recovered.

“Well, if I’m so dirty, then I should shower first.” She reached for the soap. He stepped under the stream with her.

“Shower together?” He asked, taking the bar from her hand and lathering up a washcloth.

“You and your stupid compromises. I’m trying to be difficult here.”

“I get the feeling you could never be anything but, Buffy.”

“Hey!”

“Turn around.” He instructed, twisting her shoulders to aid her in following his directions. He silenced any and all forthcoming protests by starting the slow, sweet process of washing her back. All of the playful fight drained out of her as she sighed and tilted her head forward and let him half-bathe, half-massage her.

She returned the favor in kind.



By the time they’d finished languidly bathing each other, the water was running cold. He turned off the water and leapt out of the shower, grabbing a towel.

“Brrrr.” She said, goose pimples poking up all over her arms.

“C’mere.” He said, holding said towel open for her. She stepped into it and he rubbed her shoulders vigorously.

“You’re real sweet for a guy that gets arrested all the time.” She teased. He chuckled.

“Trumped up misdemeanors, mostly. Any random North London punk would be given a slap on the wrist and sent back out to cause more trouble. But, ‘cause I’m famous and make loud music, they feel they’ve got to make an example of me.”

“Uh-huh.” Buffy said incredulously. “Aren’t you a little old to still be committing misdemeanors?” She teased.

“If Mick’s not too old, I’m sure as hell not.”

“Yeah, but, you don’t want to look like that when you’re his age, either, do you?”

“Well, I don’t shoot heroin into me eyeballs, so, I think I’m safe.” Part of her wanted to ask if he shot heroin anywhere else—or did any other drugs—I mean, hey, rock star and all. Sex, drugs, and rock n roll, right? But she was more than a little afraid of the answer. Besides, he looked healthy enough, there were no funky track marks anywhere that she’d seen yet, and she’d seen a great deal of him, intimately, so far, and let’s not forget the virility. She opted to say nothing, but took the towel from him and flipped her hair over, turbaning the towel around it. Then she asked for a second towel.

“It always amazed me how all women just instinctively know how to do that.” He said as he fulfilled her request, grabbing a third towel for himself.

“What can I say? It’s part of the girl genetic code.”

“I’ll alert Watson.”

“Huh?”

“The guy who started the human genome project? They’re trying to…”

“To decipher human genetic code, yeah, I know what it is, but there are lots of famous Watsons, you know. And, also, didn’t they finish one a few years ago? A guy was on Colbert talking about it.” He tilted his head

“There is more to you than meets the eye, isn’t there?”

“You already knew that.” She said with a wink and sashayed out of the bathroom.