Author's Chapter Notes:
Last two chapters! Sorry for the delay. There is a Bonus and I'll put that up in a minute as well. Brittany is still working hard on The Drop of Blood and unfortunately the Big Battle is still on hold as the beta isn't betaing but I'll have Brittany work on that one after she finishes the Drop of Blood (which will take a while. It's a really long fic!)

Chapter 7: The Great Escape



She was slow as she dragged the tasered Spike and was so glad to see Kingsley racing in front of her. Panicking she yelled, “Kingsley, Lawrence, come help me with Spike. He’s been tasered!”

Both came running and Kingsley hitched Spike up and over his shoulder as the group ran towards the exit. Buffy saw the soldiers on each side of the exit blocking it. They had their guns posed in front of them and were shouting towards her. With the blood pumping so hard in her ears, she was unable to make out what they were saying but she knew they would never make it without causing serious damage.

She didn’t know how well the demons’ skins withheld bullets but watched as Tilda pushed two soldiers aside to open the door and Kingsley picked up his speed rushing through the door as Spike’s body took a few more bullets.

Spike was just coming to as he saw tragedy about to happen. The soldiers were following close behind them and Buffy was last in line and they were taking aim. He jumped down swaying slightly as he pushed Buffy out of the way taking the wooden and metal bullets all through his body. The rest of the group finally reached the door and Kingsley turned around taking the now even more wounded and seriously bleeding Spike into his arms pushing Buffy through first as he threw back a jar containing gas from his pocket. He had collected it earlier when the room had just started to fill with gas hoping it would help get them released when they managed to escape.

There was one thing they hadn’t counted on in their escape plan, so much time had passed by from their original time of 9 pm journey, it was daylight. The sun was high in the sky suggesting it was after noon already and the hottest most deadly time of the day. There was no leather duster to throw over Spike and since they were only wearing the flimsy coats, they would do nothing once they were out of the frat house.

The group realized this and also realized Spike would dust if he left but the scientists would recover soon enough if they hadn’t managed masks already. Buffy gestured for the others to run but Kingsley refused even as the others fled as his direction. He glanced around the deserted frat house and found a heavy blanket and hoped it would be enough. He wrapped Spike’s body as he grabbed Buffy’s hand and hoisted Spike into his arms. Together Buffy and Kingsley raced out of the frat house into the sunlight determined to keep Spike completely covered. The flap of the blanket kept allowing sunlight in to burn his hand but otherwise it seemed like an excellent plan. She wasn’t sure if the other demons had returned to her house or their home but didn’t care as she spotted her house in the distance.

Buffy pointed and Kingsley nodded carrying Spike into the house. He laid Spike onto the couch as Buffy burst out in tears. She tried to control herself but she had almost lost him and still might. She felt the heaviness of the ring on her finger as she sobbed into her hands. She didn’t think demons could die from blood loss but wasn’t sure. She uncovered her eyes to watch in horror as Kingsley stripped Spike carefully wrapping the blanket around his waist since he always insisted on not wearing underwear. His body was covered with bullet wounds. Some were even close to his unbeating heart and were wood!

Just as Buffy was going to ask about them, the three demons returned who had left ahead of them. They raced into the room and sat down in the corner of the room giving them privacy. Dawn rushed into the room after leaving Gerald sleeping and was quickly sent by Kingsley, “I need blankets, a new shirt of Spike’s, tweasers, a needle and some thread and anything else you got to cleanse his wounds.”

Dawn nodded and disappeared as Kingsley turned towards Buffy, “I need a cocktail. I need a mug of blood and I want you to mix some of yours in it to help with healing. He’s losing blood fast and if he goes empty, he’ll more than likely dust. Now hurry!”

Buffy turned and raced into the kitchen to do as he asked. Willow and Tara wandered downstairs and quickly took the two females as well as Lawrence from the room offering them a place to clean up. Tilda and Lawrence were mostly naked since their clothes had been taken during their stay and were covered in wounds from the experiments that would need tending to.

Buffy returned just as Kingsley was removing the last of the 10 bullets from his battered body. He looked deathly pale. Kingsley held the mug up to his lips but Spike didn’t respond. He frowned and Buffy took the mug from his hand holding it up to Spike’s lips. Her wrist had a bandage on it from cutting herself to drip blood into the two mugs she had filled and brought with her, so she secretly hoped the scent of her blood would be enough. Apparently it wasn’t as Spike still slept on.

She had an idea, and didn’t even ask Kingsley about it. She removed the bandage from her fresh wound knowing it was still oozing blood slightly and rubbed the wrist under his nose against his lips. He vamped out taking a sip from her wrist as she replaced her wrist with the mug, he opened his eyes and began to sip from it with the straw. Buffy breathed a sigh in relief as he quickly downed the first and worked on the second. She left after he finished the second to fix him up a few more cocktails and by the time she returned, Spike was sitting up on the couch covered in with a deep black thread of stitches where the bullets had once been.

The black thread made him appear even paler but he accepted the mug from Buffy’s hands with a smile. By the fourth mug he sat it down on the table whispering, “All is well?”

Buffy nodded sitting down next to him. She whispered to Dawn as she noticed Spike dozing off again, “Where did you set up Gerald to sleep?”

Dawn responded, “In the spare room. I found the old crib in the basement that we had moved from the attic and used that. I hope you don’t mind that we used I used your old crib. I already set up his parents in there. Shall I set up the other two in your bedroom for the night?”

Buffy nodded as she felt Spike roll over knowing he was ready for bed. She whispered, “Get some sleep Dawn. You still have school in the morning. I think we will sleep right here for the night.”

Dawn whispered, “I’m glad you are safe. Night you two.”

As she disappeared from the room, Buffy sighed rolling over as Spike wrapped his arms around her and she felt herself drift off to sleep amazingly tired after their ordeal for the day.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy awoke to Spike sitting on the edge with her head in his lap. She had a blanket wrapped around her and the television was on. The house appeared to be empty and her suspicions were correct as Spike set the empty mug down, “The others left this morning. They needed to get back to their place. Buffy, what do you think we should do about the Initiative?”

Buffy got up flipping through the address book near the phone and made a phone call. It was supposed to be to Riley but instead she got a restaurant of some kind. She left a message for Riley to call her place and left a number even though they insisted Riley didn’t exist. She sighed as she picked up the phone again to place another call, to England this time in hopes of talking to Giles. When Giles answered she suddenly realized she had so much to tell him. He hadn’t been a part of her life now for months and he didn’t know anything. She doubted he even knew that Xander and Anya got married.

So Buffy found herself pouring her life story out to Giles on the phone not even caring about his feelings or reactions. She had to get it all off her chest before she asked him about the Initiative and plus she had an important question to ask at the end of the conversation. Finally Buffy finished with, “So Spike and I are getting married! Will you give me away on the big day? I’m thinking soon, with a full moon and set of stars outside….”

Giles started laughing. Buffy blinked as Spike watched her from afar. Buffy spoke loudly into the phone, “What’s so funny?”

Giles just kept laughing so hard that soon she started laughing. Spike joined her seeing how hard she was laughing and she could just feel the stress leave her body. She then stopped wiping her eyes as Spike wrapped his arms around her as she repeated, “It’s true Giles.”

Giles muttered into the phone, “Bloody Hell. Did Willow do another spell?”

Buffy shook her head but then spoke into the phone, “No, no spell. We have been sleeping together for close to a year now and dating solidly publicly for about 6 months although we were secretly together before that. It’s real and everyone else has accepted it. Even Angel accepted it.”

There was silence on the other line and Buffy glanced up at Spike nervously until she heard Giles’s voice strained into the phone, “I’m heading to Sunnydale on the next flight. We can talk then.”

Buffy hung up the phone as she turned around in his arms. She sighed and Spike mistook that for her being upset, “You don’t have to marry me you know. I know I asked in the middle of a life or death situation. I understand if you don’t want to…”

Buffy interrupted him with a kiss that conveyed everything she was feeling and more. When the kiss ended she said the words he had been longing to hear since he first met her, “Spike I love you and probably a part of me has for a long time. I want to spend my life with you forever. Spike, will you make me yours? I mean claim me, now before the wedding so we are together?”

Spike didn’t have to be asked twice as he suddenly didn’t feel an ounce of pain in his system as he picked up Buffy racing up the two flights of stairs to their room. He flung the clean blanket over the bed not even bothering with sheets as he lowered her down on it and crawled up next to her. She kissed him deeply whispering, “Make love to me Spike.”

Clothes disappeared in a blink of an eye as both Buffy and Spike carefully undressed each other taking time to kiss every part affectionately. When she reached his nipples, she flicked them with her tongue sucking them into her mouth using her hand to undo his pants. She knew he was hurt but at the moment he didn’t seem to mind anything she did even as her hand surrounded him squeezing him a bit. He seemed to gather more energy as he flipped her naked body under his and lowered his mouth to nibble on her breasts teasing the nipples into hard peeks.

His fingers weren’t idling as the rubbed her clit making her wither under him. She wanted to feel him inside of her and wanted him to make love to her. She wanted to be one with him and feel complete. She knew his demon craved it and loved her and she wanted to feel that inside of her. She arched her hips up to brush against his erection and he raised his lips to meet hers in a kiss as he gently slid into her.

She moaned out in pleasure and the two found a slow but steady rhythm. Neither was in a hurry as they used their fingers and mouths to tease and bring pleasure. Buffy sucked on his ear and neck choosing the perfect spot for his claim mark and making it with a hickey and Spike couldn’t resist returning the favor on Buffy choosing the clean side of her neck to mark. They explored each other’s mouths until Spike was convinced he needed breath to survive.

He felt her shudder in pleasure and responded by picking up the pace. For this to go perfectly, Buffy would need to get off first so he could claim her without releasing himself so that he wouldn’t accidentally rip her throat. Biting during sex had never been something he had done so he was a little nervous about it but was determined just to enjoy. Buffy racked her nails down his back feeling herself grow closer to her release. He brought his fingers down to tease her clit sending her the rest of the way over the edge. She screamed out his name as he plunged his fangs into her neck taking a few sips of blood. She moaned slightly as his biting drew out her pleasure and she heard him say the sacred words, “Mine” and it took her a few minutes to say yours.

As she looked into his eyes filled with passion and love, she knew she had made the right decision. He picked up the pace causing Buffy to be drawn towards another release. Then just as he roared out her name, she screamed in pleasure biting down hard on his neck whispering, “Mine” as his rich copper taste filled her mouth. She heard him whisper the words, “Yours always Buffy” and she gasped as the feeling of love overpowered her.

She closed her eyes against the feeling amazed but how strong it felt. She couldn’t tell where her feelings began and his ended. Everything seemed so intense. She could hear her own heart beating. She could feel her own breathing. She could sense his love for her and how complete he felt with her. She clung tightly to him whispering, “Will I survive this?”

Spike chuckled slightly leaning down to kiss her lips sending off fireworks in her head as both their feelings sparked, “Oh yeah you will survive it and give yourself a few days and you will be totally addicted. Imagine always knowing what I’m feeling and never having to ask. Imagine never having to wonder if I’m mad or upset or worried because you will feel it too.”

Buffy smiled as she snuggled up against him allowing him to pull her to his side, “I love you Spike. Thank you.”

She yawned as Spike whispered, “Thank you too Buffy. You have no idea how much this means to me.”

Buffy smiled gently as she felt the emotions come over her, “Actually I think I do.”