Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning!!! This does with a little bit of Buffy/Faith. If you have a problem with it, skip it!
“Faith, you can’t do it.” Buffy struggled up in the bed as Spike clutched her hand like a lifeline. He hadn’t left her side since she had awoken and had no plans to leave her anytime soon. His heart rate still hadn’t returned to normal since she had slipped into a coma. Worry etched on his handsome features as he carefully checked her over, uncaring that the doctors were trying to do the same.

The dark brunette beauty smirked at the mismatched couple, “and what was it that I’m supposedly planning on doing? Enlighten me, B.” She leaned against the door. The leather of her jacket clung to her like a second skin and the dark jeans did nothing to diminish her curves.

Buffy startled for a moment keenly aware that Spike was listening to every word being said in the room and unwilling to break his heart…yet again. “You know what I’m talking about, Faith. You told me before that it would be easier if he was gone. You can’t do it.”

Faith smirked and chuckled from her place leaning against the doorframe.

One and a half years ago, Buffy’s office

Buffy leaned back in her executive black leather chair willing the excessive paperwork to disappear on its own, or preferably sign itself. She dared a glance at the picture frame on the left hand corner of the desk and with a flick of her wrist slammed it face down. It was no use dwelling on what she had sent away and seeing William’s smiling face was too much for her tonight. They had been so happy when that candid had been shot. It had been their third anniversary and he had treated her to a day of relaxation at the beach. She groaned as she studied the forms awaiting her signature sitting in front of her and quickly lifted her phone to call in for dinner. Before she could dial the heavy oak door swung open, rattling slightly on its hinges as it bounced against the wall.

“Miss me, B?” The brunette woman smirked in the doorway, holding up a bag claiming to be Chinese takeout.

Buffy glanced between the woman and the food, deciding the food itself was worth letting her stay. “Not on your life, Faith, but I’ll take the food. Today has been the day from hell and it’s still not over.” She pushed the folders further across the desk and made room for the food in front of her, graciously accepting a couple of containers and a plastic fork. As she munched away at her Orange Chicken, she noted the voluptuous brunette watching her carefully, almost appraisingly. “See anything you like, Faith?”

Faith chuckled and leaned forward, exposing her cleavage. “You know I do, baby. I was hoping that tonight would be the night you finally decided to give me a chance. I was all romantic with the food. Isn’t that what your honey-bear used to do for you? Bring you dinner at the office.”

The blonde scowled at the low blow of bringing her ex into the conversation. “Just for that…”

“Kidding, blondie. Look I just want a chance. I know all about Willy-boy and it would be damn easier on me if he were gone but it just has to be for tonight and no one has to know about it tomorrow.” Faith set her food down and stepped around the desk before leaning down and kissing the blonde softly, brushing her loose hair back and caressing her cheek. “Let yourself feel it.” Her lips beckoned to the other girl’s as her teeth nipped lightly at the blonde’s pouty lower lip, eager to continue. Her hands pushed the black jacket off Buffy’s shoulders while her tongue begged for entrance into her mouth.

Buffy’s hands moved of their own accord to push the leather jacket off the brunette and swiftly rid the girl of her tight black tank, exposing her bare breasts. She nipped at the soft underside of her breasts before caressing an exposed nipple.

“Fuck! You taste so damn good, B.” Faith worked her way down to the blonde girl’s pants, encouraging her to lift her hips so she could maneuver the black dress pants down her legs. She let her gaze prowl over the blonde in just her black thong, head thrown back in want and chuckled softly. “Betcha Bleachy wishes he hadn’t let you go.”

Sunnydale General Hospital

“Think I’ve already done it, B. ‘Least I’ve already done you…more than once and it was damn good if I recall.” Faith shook off the cold stare Buffy was giving her. “Yeah, Spikey, how does it feel to know that I’ve screwed the same pussy you have?”

Spike growled at the young woman, “Doesn’t matter to me, Faith. Besides half of California has probably had you…and left. What does that tell you?”

“That you were the one sucker that refused me. Look, B, if you want to stick to dick, that’s fine but don’t think that will stop me from wanting you for one second. I’ll always want you.” Faith smirked at the couple and strode out of the room. “Just remember, she’s screamed my name as well as yours. We’re equals.”

“Uh…Miss Summers?” The small male nurse who had originally allowed Faith into the room poked his head inside the doorway.

Buffy groaned not wanting to know if he had heard the conversation or not. “Yes?”

“Do you need any medication for the pain?”

A swift ‘no’ sent the petite man scurrying back out of the room, slamming the door behind him and leaving the couple in peace.

“We need to talk. You need to bloody well decide what you want and who you want. I can’t do it again, Buffy. I’m still love’s bitch and I’d still do anything for you but I want all of you.” He paused. “I want the bloody white picket fence and two point whatever children. I’m not settlin’ for a quick rendezvous when you have the bleedin’ time. I need to know…will you be my wife or not?”