Buffy snapped to attention when she heard the other girl’s husky voice float through the room. Her hands sprung from Spike’s as she did so. She had almost missed the look of longing…and regret that passed over his features but as he stood to leave, she caught his eye and silently pleaded with him to not leave her alone. There was too much unfinished business between them and with Whistler glaring at her from the corner; it was business that could not wait to be finished.

The poor little demon had crushed his worn-out fedora in his hands while he glared at the voluptuous brunette daring to cause a wave in between his newly-favorite blondes. Noting the blonde’s raised eyebrow at his barely visible horns, he slammed the hat back on his head and pointed towards the brunettes in a seeming standoff with each other. Neither was willing to give an inch until Faith’s head suddenly swung towards the petite blonde trapped in the bed.

“Damn B, you didn’t tell me you were getting all groiny with Willy boy again.” Faith grinned at the pair. “Told you the next time you caught up with him to give me a call. Don’t see you getting too physical for awhile though. That car really did a number on you, B.” Faith appraised her bruises swiftly as she avoided the glaring blue eyes across the room. “That hurt much?” She gestured towards the cut over the girl’s left eye.

“Nope, doesn’t hurt in the least bit to have glass surgically removed from your skull.” Buffy answered sarcastically at the smirking woman.

It had never been a secret that Spike hated Faith but at that moment he wanted nothing more than to pummel the brunette into the ground. His hand clenched against his leg as she blatantly appraised his girl…Whoa there mate! She’s not your girl…well; maybe she might be but…bloody hell! “Was there an actual reason you stopped by or are you just here to annoy us?”

“Worried someone’s going to take your sweetie away from you, Willy boy?” Faith leered at him, exposing her cleavage in the process. The tight red top she had on was could hardly be considered appropriate as it was but when she bent down, he had a great view down her shirt, which he promptly ignored.

He grunted, “Stop calling me that. You’re just bloody annoying and we were in the middle of a soddin’ conversation if you don’t mind.” He shot a glance towards Buffy, who had been uncharacteristically silent during the conversation. She sat idly in the bed while she stared past Faith into the far corner.

“What should I call you then; ex-bleach boy, stud, Casanova? From what Buffy said while we were…oops, I probably shouldn’t go into that but she did inform me of how you got the game Spike. Sounds promising.” The brunette eyed his crouch approvingly as he fought off the urge to clock her one.

“I’m sure the local strip club is feeling rather lonely without you right now. Why don’t you toddle on and get laid? You’re bloody annoying when you’re talking; actually you’re bleeding annoying either way.” His lips caught in a smirk reminiscent of his younger days as he caught the slightly crestfallen look that had taken residence over Faith’s features for a moment.

“If you’d leave, I could fuck Buffy. Been there, done that before. Wouldn’t mind if you’re here, ex-bleachy, but I’m not sure she’d care for it; fucking her past and present. I’m sure she’d welcome me back, wouldn’t you B?” Faith waited…and waited for the blonde to respond.

Buffy looked between her ex-lovers, first at the blue eyes that had haunted her dreams and then to the brown that seeped deep into her soul despite her reproach of the younger woman.

“Spike…”

Sunnydale General Hospital cafeteria

“Buffy’s going to totally freak when she finds out what we’re doing.” Dawn swallowed the rest of her fry before continuing, “You saw her after Johnny across the street ran his bike into her car. I thought she was going to kill him on the spot but this…this she is going to kill us for. Can I blame you? I’m too young to die.”

Joyce looked up from her salad at her youngest daughter and then back at the salad. Stabbing at it blindly, her hazel eyes met Dawn’s blue ones, “if this fails, which it won’t, I will take responsibility for it. Your sister deserves some happiness and we’re finally going to get her head screwed on right. That boy has been chasing after her long enough and frankly, I want my little girl back. I’m sick of talking to her secretaries- bunch of floozies.”

Dawn giggled, “You said floozies. Seriously, is this going to work or is she going to go mental again? I think I’m still partially deaf after the last time you guys screamed at each other.”

Joyce shrugged, “It wasn’t that bad, Dawnie…”

“The neighbors thought someone was being murdered…they called the cops.” She watched her mother carefully, “You’re right, it was just an average Tuesday night for Sunnydale. At least neither of you ended up in jail.”

“No, I just managed to drive your sister out of the house and out of our lives. It was a great night, Dawnie.” Joyce said sarcastically.

“’least she didn’t move out of the state. She could’ve moved out of the country, followed dad to Spain if she had really wanted to. I’m sure he would have paid for her plane ticket and anything else she wanted.” Dawn frowned down at her burger and fries.

“Never mind about that. We’re going to get this straightened out and that girl will be happy and maybe she can stop making people’s lives miserable. I talked to Mrs. Rosenberg the other day and she was saying that Willow was forced to give up her apartment and move back into her basement because she was fired from her job. It didn’t take much prodding to find out it was your sister who fired her.”