Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you like!
Upon Buffy finishing her meal, Spike, like a gentleman, paid her tab and followed her towards the door. Since it was close to seven and the sky was still dark due to the storm clouds, he was able to leave without fear. Just like he was able to enter the diner, a little over two hours ago.

Before they left the cover of the diner’s awning, Spike informed Buffy that his car was parked behind the diner in the small alleyway. Spike could sense some fear roll off Buffy’s form, but it quickly dissipated as she nodded her head and readied herself to follow him through the rain. The pair ran towards Spike’s black Desoto that lay asleep in the dark alleyway. To continue to charade of being a gentleman, Spike unlocked and opened the passenger’s side and waited until she entered before he carefully closed the door and raced to his side.

Once he entered, Spike shook his head like a wet dog to dispel some of the water that drenched his bleached locks. Buffy laughed as she put up her hands to block some of the droplets of water. Buffy removed her hat and shook out her golden locks. Since the ends were wet from her earlier jaunt through the rain, they had slightly curled. Buffy was cursed with wavy hair, unlike the poker straight hair of her sister Dawn. She needed to iron her hair to make it as straight as it was before it became wet.

“So luv, do you have a map to this place or am I just driving north up 87 and we’ll eventually hit it?” Spike asked as he started his other love.

“No….I don’t have a map. I was taking the bus, I hoped that the driver knew where he was going….so no…no map.” Buffy responded.

“No worries….I vaguely remember lots of hippies saying they were heading north on 87 when I arrived in Albany last night.” Spike commented as he remembered the two flower children he followed until they turned into the diner last night. That’s when he decided to dine on the homeless man and save his energy to find Dru.

“Cool, north young man.” Buffy chuckled as she pointed out of the windshield.

“That’s west young man……but since we’re going north….that will work.” Spike stated as he threw the car into drive and pulled his car slowly out of the darken alley.

The pair drove in silence for some ways as he located the interstate to head north. Spike turned on the radio and Break On Through from the Doors blasted from the speakers.

“Oh…..I absolutely dig the Doors! They were suppose to perform but pulled out last minute. This song is far out….but my favorite is Waiting for the Sun.” Buffy exclaimed as her golden mane swayed while her eyes closed and her upper body moved to the music.

Spike’s demon roared that he wanted to be sated and sated now. Spike quickly shook off his ridges and fangs before she could see his true nature. ‘Soon….it will be soon.’ Spike cooed to his demon in attempts to appease him. As the song ended and when the next song came through the radio, some lame song about Last Train to Clarksville filled the car, Spike scoffed as he turned down the volume and spoke.

“So do you like the Kinks….Alice Cooper…..Iggy Pop? (each name was met with her head shake of no) Now Iggy Pop is bloody brilliant! When he started to drive off the stage into the crowd…..now that’s showmanship!” Spike proclaimed.

“Out of all of them I’ve heard of the Kinks. My parents don’t let me listen to any of that music. The only way I know of The Who and the Doors was from Faith. Her father died when she was younger and her mom has to work. So Faith is left alone.... a lot. Which means cooler music, alcohol and boys.” Buffy explained.

“Is that so? So tell me Buffy……are you a little naughty?” Spike purred as his glance burned her with intensity.

“Ummmm……well……I’ve done stuff. Some beers, which is nasty, a little pot. As for boys…..ummm…..not so much. I’ve only been to second base with my ex-boyfriend Riley.” Buffy stated shyly.

“Who’s this Riley bloke? Anyone I should be concerned about?” Spike asked. The words sounded ludicrous coming from his mouth. Of course this boy would be no match for him, but had to sound convincing.

“Who…..Riley? God no! He’s as straight laced as they come. We only went to second base once and that was after I had to put his hand on my boob!” Buffy laughed.

“Sounds like a poufter if you ask me.” Spike commented

“A poufter? Well, I don’t know what that is, but that probably explains him to a tee. He’s just waiting to graduate from High School so he can go into the Army. He wants to go fight in Vietnam. We broke up because I believe the whole war is a waste and killing people is just wrong.” Buffy explained.

“Well….it depends on the people.” Spike stated before his inner censor took control. Buffy turned quickly in her seat and stared at him with large angry eyes. Spike quickly back peddled. He finally had this tasty morsel in his grips he didn’t want to take her by force, not his style.

“What I meant was that sometimes it’s kill or be killed and you have to take your bloody pick!” Spike explained. Before Buffy retorted she contemplated what he said then responded

“Yeah……I guess your right. That doesn’t mean I agree with killing kids or nothing like that.” Buffy said with a firm tone.

“So I guess I know how you feel about hunting then.” Spike asked

“Not too fond of it, poor Bambi. But if you eat what you hunt, then I don’t see the wrongness of it.” Buffy commented

“My beliefs exactly.” Spike said with a wolf-like smile. The pair continued to drive along. The time was filled with music, conversations and some comfortable silence.

When Spike pulled over to gas up, Buffy headed into the station to get the key for the bathroom, grab some snacks and see the time. ‘Wow….it’s almost ten! It just feels like we just left Albany. Hopefully Spike will ask how close we are to Bethel.’

When Buffy returned to the car with an armful of snacks, she saw Spike’s car, but no Spike. She called out to him to no avail. She entered into the car and decided to wait there. ‘He’s probably getting directions or going the bathroom.’ Buffy thought as she tore into her Twinkies. Several moments later, Spike slowly made his way towards his car. He entered and started the car in silence, until Buffy spoke.

“So, did you talk to the attendant and got directions?” Buffy asked as she munched the spongy goodness.

“Yeah…..all set kitten.” Spike responded

“Do you want some…..very yummy.” Buffy stated as she waved the Twinkie in his direction.

“No…..I grabbed a quick bite while you were in the washroom. It will tie me over until later.” Spike stated as he licked his slightly bloodied teeth that were housed under his full lips.

“Suit yourself.” Buffy shrugged as she started on the second treat. Despite all the sugary snacks that she had consumed, less than half and hour later, a large yawn erupted from her lips. Spike noticed this and decided now was the time to make his move.

“Tired kitten?” Spike asked with false concern.

“No…..” Then a larger yawn burst forward. Spike quirked his scarred eyebrow at her. “Fine….maybe a little. If you don’t mind, I’ll catch some shut eye.” Buffy stated as her heavy lids started to close.

“That’s fine….but maybe you’ll be more comfortable in a bed.” Spike retorted. Upon his statement her eyes flew open and she exclaimed

“I don’t know what kind of girl you think I am, but I’m no sleaze!”

“Easy luv….(Spike stated as he raised one hand in surrender) wasn’t suggesting that at all. I just saw a sign for a motel an exit back and thought that since I’m ready to crash.... and if we got two separate rooms.... that it wouldn’t be an issue.” Spike explained.

Of course he had no intentions of getting two rooms. He planned to leave her in the car when he went to the front office. He was going to come back claiming that all the rooms were booked accept one, but if she wanted she could have it and he would sleep in his car. Chits ate shit like that up. Spike could see that her bravo deflated with his proclamation and then she responded

“I’m really sorry Spike. I just assumed that you thought…..well…..never mind. That’s cool I have enough money to spring for the rooms. Since you’ve taken me this far, consider it my treat.” Buffy declared. ‘See, what did I tell you?’ Spike’s demon purred. Spike had another flash of as his body jack-hammering into her once virgin quim as he had his fist in her flaxen hair as he fed from the slender column of her neck. Spike quickly inwardly shook his head as he tried to clear this delicious vision. ‘Soon….her neck will be his chalice.’ His inner demon purred again.

“So, am I bangin’ a u-ey or what?” Spike asked Buffy.

“Yeah…bang away.” Buffy responded as she started to dig through her bag for another sugary treat. ‘You have no idea pet….no idea.’ Spike inwardly laughed as an evil smile graced his angelic face.

Once Spike turned the car around and headed back to the previous exit, it was nearly midnight. Since he was a creature of the night, this was like midday to him, but for this golden beauty, she could barely keep her eyes open.

When Spike pulled into the parking lot of the motel, he instructed the sleepy girl to stay here while he got the rooms. By the time Buffy went to protest that she was paying, Spike was already half way across the parking lot. Buffy thought that she would pay him later and started to drift off again. She was awoken with the door closed and the engine roared to life.

“Uhhh? You’ve got the rooms?” Buffy asked with a murmured.

“Room luv….only one. There booked solid. Like I said before, I’ll sleep in my car.” Spike stated as he drove to the back to the building. Spike requested the most isolated room due to his 'allergy' to the sun and being a light sleeper. The old man, smiled and handed him the key to room 13. Buffy sat up slightly and wiped the sleep from her eyes.

“Don’t be silly Spike. I’m sure there are two twin beds. No need to squat in your car.” Buffy stated

“Cool…..yeah and I’ll be a perfect gentleman….I promise.” Spike stated as he tried to calm the nervousness that poured off her body. It doesn’t matter how he gets her in the room….promises or the like. He was no man, he was a demon and demons don’t keep any promises. Well one promise he will keep….he will know her blood by the nights end.