Author's Chapter Notes:
How will Buffy react when Angel shows up at the Bronze? Yes I know you want smut and spuffiness but don't worry I promise a healthy dose of it in the next chapter.
As Buffy walked into the Bronze for her shift she saw her friend.

"Hey Faith. Looks like it's been really busy." Faith nodded but couldn't stop worrying about Buffy. She knew that she had ended things with Angel yesterday and was concerned about how that would affect her.

"Yeah lots of people here tonight so let's get to it." Faith smiled at Buffy trying to get her friend's mind off of her now ex boyfriend.

There were about a dozen people sitting at the bar and Buffy was getting decent tips tonight. After handing a customer his beer she looked at the clock. 'God it's been four hours already?' She mused to herself.

"I'm gonna go take a break Faith. I'll be back in fifteen." Faith gave her a thumbs up signifying her approval and Buffy headed towards the back entrance unaware of the eyes watching her every move.

Buffy leaned up against the back wall of The Bronze trying to clear her head but the only thoughts that came were ones of loneliness. Once again she was alone and miserable she realized as the tears streamed down her face. She just couldn't understand why she hadn't been enough for Angel. Looking at her watch once again Buffy saw that it was time to go back inside and wiped the tears from her face.




As Angel walked into The Bronze he tried to compose himself. He needed to see Buffy. Breaking up with her had not gone well at all for him and that needed to be rectified at once. For fuck's sake he'd had to sleep in a motel last night. A motel! No, this was definitely not good he needed Buffy and his apartment back.

As he approached the bar he tried to looked genuinely upset and saddened as he spoke to Faith. "Hey Faith. Buffy around?"

Faith laughed as she looked at Angel. She was no idiot she knew what kind of guy Angel was and felt happy that Buffy had finally left him. "Not for you she's not." Faith answered with a hateful look.

Angel felt his jaw tighten at her answer. Who did the little bitch think she was? Some stupid whore should know better than to fuck with him. Yet he controlled himself knowing that an outburst would do him no good.

"Look Faith I know you're upset with me but I never meant to hurt Buffy. I love her you must know that. I know I made some mistakes but I've changed. I'm a better man now. The thought of losing Buffy made me see the error of my ways. Please tell me where she is."

Faith stared at Angel with an unbelieving expression. Did he really think she was gonna buy into his bullshit?

"Look you little bastard-" Before she could finish she was cut off by Buffy.

"Faith! I'll deal with Angel." Buffy gave her friend a pleading look hoping she would understand. Faith gave Angel a final stare and shrugged her shoulders even though internally she wanted to do nothing more than make sure that bastard couldn't get near her friend again.

"Whatever you say B." With that she walked away to deal with a customer leaving Buffy to face Angel.

Buffy dragged Angel out back not wanting to make a scene in front of the customers. Once they were finally out she looked up at him barely being able to meet his gaze for fear that the tears might come and never stop.

"What do you want Angel?"

"What do I want?" He asked with a scoff. "Buffy how can you ask me that? I love you baby and I want you back. I want US back. Buffy these two days have been horrible for me. You have no idea how much I've missed you."

Buffy looked into Angel's eyes yet saw no real emotion or sincerity there. It was as if a huge cloud of smoke had been removed and she could finally see clearly. How had she fallen for the sick puppy dog routine for so long? Looking at him now Buffy saw nothing in Angel but a cold, uncaring, calculating, manipulative human being.

"I haven't missed you Angel. In fact, leaving you was something I should have done a long time ago." With that Buffy turned to walk away from him but was stopped when he grabbed her arm roughly and spun her to face him.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" He growled. "You think you can just walk away from this Buffy? Walk away from me? Do you think I'm am idiot Buffy? You can't do this. No one, NO ONE walks away from me."

"Let me go!" Buffy tried to struggle herself free but it was no use. Angel's bulky form possessed far more strength than hers and this was a battle she would not win.

"I don't think so sweetheart." Angel sneered. "We're just getting to the good part." He smashed his lips to hers in a bruising kiss. She would give in to him and when she did she would finally realize that there was no getting away from him. Of that he would make sure.

When he finally broke the violent kiss he looked down at her with a vicious smile.

"You see Buffy? I can take anything I want from you whenever I want. So why don't you just be a good girl and give me what I'm here for? Come on, baby I love you." This time it was said in a mocking tone and Buffy felt herself start to get sick.

"Never again Angel. You make me sick and if you think for one moment that I will open the doors of my house again for you or that I will EVER be yours again then you are gravely mistaken. NOW LET ME GO!"

As Buffy jerked away from him his grip on her arm slipped and she punched him in the nose.

"Ow!" Angel howled holding his hands to his nose but quickly recovering. "You stupid whore!" He roared as he slapped her across the face. "Your pretty face will unrecognizable when I'm through with you."

As he went to swing at her again a wrist caught his arm swiftly. Buffy looked behind Angel at the man who was apparently saving her in shock.

Angel tried to throw the man off but he was too late. The last words he heard before he blacked out resonating.

"I think it's time for you to take a nap mate."

As Buffy looked at the scene in front of her she couldn't stop shaking with the thought of what might have happened if this stranger hadn't come along. As she tried to compose herself she found herself staring up at the bluest eyes she had ever seen. Her breath caught in her throat as his gaze locked with hers. With a smirk on his face the man lit a smoke and inhaled deeply.

"Hello Cutie."


Chapter End Notes:
Oh my who can the mystery man be? Like it's not obvious. I will try to get the next chapter up soon. Please review it lets me know what you guys thinknd helps me write faster.