Author's Chapter Notes:
You will finally find out just what the hell is going on.
By the way thanks to AMI, cordykitten, PhotographyNut, and sanityfair for all your wonderful reviews!
As Buffy slowly came to, she noticed she was laying on her bed and was alone. Suddenly panic gripped her. Spike had been here and... he was a vampire. The last word she had heard before she lost consciousness still resonating in her head. "Slayer." What did he mean by that? Had any of this even happened? Maybe she'd just had a bad dream, but Buffy knew that there was no denying how real everything had been.

As fear gripped her she snatched her phone and dialed Faith's number. Buffy waited nervously hoping that her friend would wake up even though it was already 3am.

When Faith picked up Buffy felt a rush of relief hit her.

"Hello?" Faith answered in a groggy voice.

"Faith? It's Buffy listen I know it's really late but I need you to come over. Please Faith I can't be alone right now." Buffy pleaded with her hoping her friend would take pity on her.

"Whoa B calm down, I'll be there in 20. Bye." With that Faith hung up and slid her coat on having a strange feeling that when she got to Buffy's house everything would change.

****************************

As Buffy waited for Faith's arrival she slowly checked out her whole apartment making sure that she truly was alone. For a moment she just sat in silence on her couch in the same exact spot where Spike had sat. So engrossed was she in her thoughts that when she heard the knock at her door she let out a loud yelp.

Buffy ran to open it throwing herself in Faith's arms as tears started descending.

"Oh god Faith thank you so much for coming I was so scared!"

As Faith saw the state in which Buffy was in she quickly sat her down on the couch and proceeded to sit next to her.

"B what's wrong girl?"

"Faith..." Buffy didn't know what to say. She knew she would sound like a lunatic but she needed to tell her the truth. "I came home and that guy that I told you about was here and... he's a vampire Faith."

Faith had turned sheet white at the words Buffy was saying.

"I woke up in bed but I passed out against my hallway wall and... the last thing I heard him say before I blacked out was... Slayer."

Faith's eyes widened and she stood up pacing the room and started fidgeting uncontrollably.

Buffy noticed Faith's attitude and suddenly became very intrigued.

"Faith? What's wrong?"

Faith looked back at Buffy and swallowed hard.

"Buffy, this guy... what was his name again?"

"Spike."

At that Faith ran her fingers through her hair now looking more desperate than ever.

Suddenly her whole demeanor changed and she perked up. "Well let's do this, I'll come by first thing tomorrow and we'll change your locks ok? If anything else happens we'll file charges. Sound good?"

Buffy nodded. Having Faith around always made her feel safer.

"Thanks Faith I'll see you tomorrow."

"Night B." Faith waved goodbye and walked out knowing that things had really complicated themselves now.

****************************

As Faith made her way down the apartment building she stopped at the lobby when she sensed him.

Her senses were never wrong and she knew he was here. Suddenly she grabbed an arm behind her and flipped him over her shoulder.

"Spike. You're not dead." As she glared down at the vampire he growled low in his throat and got himself up.

"I wanna know what the bleeding hell is going on here?!" Spike barked.

"Look Spike she's happy ok? She thought you were dead. We all did." Faith tried to reason with him but Spike would have none of it.

"Don't fuck with me Faith. She has no bloody clue who I am! Why doesn't she remember me?!" Spike was livid at this point. He'd finally found Buffy only to discover she had no recollection of him. He'd heard rumors about it but he never thought they'd be true. Yet when he saved her from the Angel-looking ponce that night he had seen that she truly did not know him in her eyes.

Desperate for answers now, Spike slammed Faith up against the nearest wall.

"Listen you bloody bint, you are going to tell me what you did to her. She doesn't even know she's a slayer does she? What did you do? How did you make her forget?" Spike stared at Faith near tears.

"Undo it Slayer!"

"I can't!" Faith yelled. "I can't undo it Spike because it wasn't my choice. I'm just here to look after her without her knowing it she doesn't even remember me. Not the real me anyway."

"What in the bloody hell are you trying to say girl?" Spike all but growled.

"I'm saying that she chose this. She chose to forget everything."

At her words Spike let Faith go astonished by her comment. Why would Buffy ever choose to give up life as she knew it?

Faith continued explaining hoping that doing so would calm Spike down.

"After the big battle with the First, Buffy was fine for a while but then she felt her life becoming unbearable. She was depressed every day. She was barely eating. The pain was just too much for her."

Spike thought of asking Faith what had caused his Slayer so much pain but decided to let her finish her tale.

"So... she went to the PTB. Started in on them saying that she was through with being their puppet that there were millions of slayer in the world now. That she wanted to have a life without the pain." Faith's expression became somber as she continued.

"So they replaced all her real memories with new ones. The made me her childhood friend in these new memories as a favor to Giles since he wanted someone to be able to keep an eye on her. They put some Angel look alike in her path same name and everything. Little did she know he was going to be an ass. They changed everything for her but at the same time left little traces of her old life like me and the resemblance her ex had to Angel. They did this so the change wouldn't be too odd for her. I mean, even if you have your memory wiped your life can't be too perfect or too different ya know? If it is it all starts falling apart."

Spike couldn't hold back anymore.

"Why?"

"What?" Faith looked at him confused.

"Why did she erase her past?"

Faith just looked at him in disbelief. "You must be joking. Spike she loved you and as far as she knew you were gone. The reason she was depressed every day, the reason why all of this happened... was because Buffy thought she had lost you and she couldn't take the pain."

Spike dropped to his knees as the tears slowly crept down his face.

"What can I do?" He asked.

Faith looked at him with an honest sigh. "I think she needs to know the truth."

Making up his mind Spike got up, turned around, and walked out of the building knowing what he must do.

Tomorrow everything would change.


Chapter End Notes:
So what do you guys think? How do you think Spike will deal with Buffy now? Should this be the final chapter or should I write more and take this story all the way? Do you guys think it's worth continuing? Review please and let me know!