A/N: I know it might seem a little childish, but trust me; this in needed to see where the story will go. There should only be a few chapters that are like this. These chapters are needed to get the hate the characters have for each other going.

Disclaimer: So here’s how it goes. I went up to my friend Joss Whendon the other day, when they were secretly shooting another show, and asked him if I could borrow James Marsters so I could play with him for a little while and he said I will do no such thing. So I left and came back the next day and asked him again if I could have James Martsers to do anything I like with, and he said no. So when I left and came back the next day and asked him the same question again he said, “The only way I’ll let you have James Marsters, ESPICALLY JAMES MARSTERS is if we start world war 3. So I left and came back the next day, this time with a paper in my hand. When I reached where Joss was with the whole cast they were eating their lunch wondering why I’ve been coming by so much, when I walked straight over to Joss and handed them the paper that I had been holding in my hands. “What’s this?” He asked. “Oh nothing much” I said, “Just sign on the dotted line. It simply states that you have agreed to start world war 3 in exchange for James Marsters.” He finally gave up and told James to get up and take the rest of the week off and he’d give him a 15 million dollar raise. So naturally James got up and left, not one to pass up such an opportunity. So we had the best week of our lives, but then I had to give him back. The day after James returned to work I showed up to talk to Joss once again and the cast was their eating lunches. “See Joss,” I said to him, “It wasn’t that bad giving me what I wanted now was it?” I laughed a he rolled his eyes at me. “Oh and by the way,” I said, just as I was about to leave the room and head back to my car, “I’ll be back with plans for world war 3 tomorrow.” “SOME ONE ESCORT THAT WOMAN FROM THE BUILDING AND MAKE SURE SHE NEVER COMES BACK!!!!!!” (P.S. I also don’t own any of the other Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel the Series Characters, nor do I have ghost of the robot as my personal sex slaves, much to my dismay, all songs are property of Ghost of the Robot also.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I

Buffy Summers, her mother, Joyce Summers, and her baby sister, Dawn Summers, had moved to Sunnydale a few months back, after her mother divorced her father, Hank Summers, and they moved here to live with her uncle by marriage, Rupurt Giles.

Once Giles heard of the Summer’s girls moving to Sunnydale, excited wasn’t the word to use. He was almost overjoyed at finally being able to spend more time with his family and having someone else around, that he had immediately invited them to stay with him until they found a place of their own, since he had been a lonely widower since his wife Jenny Summers died a couple years back.

Grateful that she wouldn’t have to be troubled with finding a place right away for her and her girls to live, Joyce moved Buffy and Dawn into her brother-in-laws place to live while she got her business going which Giles’ joined in on.

Her mother started up her own art gallery and Giles’, needing something to do with his time besides sit around and read all day, started a record store right besides the gallery. Together they were the newest thing in town which everybody was wanting to go out and see. The gallery supplied pieces of artwork from famous painters and sculptors, as well as local artist’s that were very good and simply needed the chance to become known, which Joyce was providing.

Giles’ store on the other hand, provided music for every type of person. From jazz, to country, heavy metal, to opera, rap, to hits from the forty’s, there was nothing one couldn’t find in his store.

There was always work to be done, and Joyce found that with all the work, it was hard for her to find time to raise her girls properly. She offended worked long hours and sometimes late nights since she was the only worker there for the time being.

Buffy, being the oldest, took to looking after her sister who was six and half the age as she was. Even though Joyce didn’t feel completely safe letting Buffy watch after Dawn when she was only twelve herself, it seemed like she had no other choice.

The shops were located in the heart of Sunnydale, which only took thirteen minutes to walk around, but to Buffy and Dawn it was like walking the streets of LA by themselves whenever they wanted, and since they were always out walking around town, all the shop owners knew them very well.

On nice days, Buffy would take Dawn down to the city park and they’d play on the swings and jungle gym until nightfall. On warmer days, they’d walk down to the ice cream shop and watch tv and play board games their under the air conditioner until her mother came and picked them up to go home. And on rainy days, Dawn would stay at the gallery, drawing pictures of whatever she saw around the show cased rooms, trying to imitate them, while Buffy went and helped out Giles’ with whatever he needed to be done around the shop, at the end of the day both girls would be rewarded with whatever cd they chose from Giles’ store.

It went on like this every day until it came to the time when school was about to start. Buffy would be going into the seventh grade, while dawn would be going to school for the first grade.

One day when Buffy planed on taking Dawn to the park, her mother surprised her by handing her two twenty dollar bills and a ten.

“What’s this for?” She asked. Buffy had been given an allowance since she started middle school, Dawn on the other hand only had to ask mommy for what she wanted and Joyce would get it without thinking twice. Buffy sometimes got jealous of Dawn for getting whatever she wanted, while Buffy on the other hand had to earn everything she got, or at least she did until her mother reminded her that she used to get everything she wanted as well, until it was time for her to grow up learn about responsibilities. When Buffy still got jealous Joyce told her that one day, Dawn would have to earn everything she got as well.

So even though her mother handed her money for her weekly allowance, she still was never allowed to handle such a sum of money.

“I want you to take Dawn to the stationary supply store down the street. They are having a sale on back to school supplies and will be closed by the time I’m done here tonight, so I want you to go and get the stuff you and Dawn will need for school. I have tomorrow off, so I’ll take you girls clothes shopping then, but the stationary store is only having the sale today.”

“Ok,” Buffy said as she grabbed her sister’s hand and bolted for the door.

“Oh, and Buffy?” Her mother stopped her just as her hand was reaching for the door. “I want to see School Supplies for you and Dawn, and nothing else.”

Even though Buffy was trusted with money her mother knew when she was without supervision with enough money to buy whatever she wanted, she didn’t always think of her sister and spent it on something she wanted instead of what it was given to her for.

Buffy rolled her eyes at her mother before reaching for the door once again. “Whatever, mom,” she said as her and Dawn walked out of the gallery. “I mean it Buffy!” she heard her mother say before the door closed softly.

“I thought we were going to the park?” Dawn said as they started walking to the stationary store.

“Change of plans, Dawnie.”

“So where are we going?”

Dawn looked up just in time to see Buffy’s face left upwards in an evil grin, “Shopping.”