Author's Chapter Notes:
Second last chapter! Hope everyone likes! I want to thank everyone for reviewing, and all the readers! You guys rock! Thank you to xaphania for beta'ing as well! *hugs and squishes*
Buffy snatched up the phone and dialed Spike's number, hesitating to push the call button.

What if he was lying? She didn't even remember what she was wearing the first day she met him. He could have just been stringing words together to get her all swoony and melty so she would call him back—she decided to ignore the fact that it was working. He probably didn't even want to actually take her to dinner.

Should she take the chance?

He was the most eligible bachelor in town, and he wanted to date her? Yeah, right.

She walked back to her bed, the phone still in her hand. Deciding she was going to finish her breakfast before making any decisions, Buffy set the phone down on the bed beside her banana.

She couldn't believe that he would pull something like this on her. First, he made with the insanely good kissing and fondling, and now that she’d said no, he was playing it all smooth with the nice words and the sexy voice to get her to go out with him. Like his words would make her all swoony and lusty. He probably just wanted to get into her pants. 'Cos, after all, that’s what fuck-buddies are for, aren't they?'

She never thought he would be like that.

Buffy thought about what had happened between them that morning, bringing her fingers up to caress her lips. He was an amazing kisser. She wondered how he could have put so much passion into a kiss if it were fake. He was the kind of kisser that put everything he has into a liplock, every ounce of passion and lust. He kissed with his whole body, not just his lips.

Whilst daydreaming about his lips, she brought her hand down to her breast, trying to mimic how he had touched her. There was no way she would be able to. His hands were so much bigger than hers, not to mention stronger. The way he moved his fingers, manipulating her nipple into a hard peak. How his palm cupped her breast, massaging the fleshy mound in a way that made her gasp. She hadn't felt like such an idiot in a long time. She was regretting running out on him, even if it was only going to be a one time thing.

She trailed her hand down her sides, wondering what he had found so appealing about her. Sure, she was in shape and toned, but she couldn't find one thing that would call out to him, make him stop and think, 'I want to be with that girl'. She was just so ordinary, when he could have extraordinary. Supermodel women, with their long legs and big perky boobs. She cringed, feeling the jealousy welling up inside her. Even if she wasn't exactly what he was looking for, she didn't want to think of him with someone else. Especially a prettier someone else.

She slipped her fingers under her robe, over her trimmed and damp curls and stopped at the beginning of her slit. Just as she was about to touch her clit, she was pulled out of her lust-filled reverie by the shrill ring of the cordless phone beside her.

She quickly picked it up and pushed the button. “H-hello?” she asked, her breathing coming out in short pants.

“Catch you in the middle of something, love?”

She sucked in a breath, a blush creeping into her cheeks as she quickly pushed the 'end' button, hanging up on him.

God, even when she was upset with him, he could make her feel all schoolgirl-with-a-crush...

Or it could be because she had been touching herself, trying to pretend it was him, just before he called. That would certainly make a girl blush.

When the phone rang again, she eyed it nervously, wondering if she should answer it or not. She should at least hear him out, right? Maybe he wasn't lying... 'God, I want that man!”

She hesitantly picked up the phone and pressed the 'talk' button, then brought it to her ear. “Hello?” she squeaked, flinching at her own voice.

“Please don't hang up,” Spike said, causing a shiver to run down her spine. She definitely loved his voice. “I want to talk to you.”

“Okay,” she responded casually, waiting for him to go on.

“Did you get my messages?”

Buffy smirked, sensing his nervousness over the phone as well. If he was only out for one thing, he was really playing it well. Almost better than Parker. “Yes, I did.”

“Were you going to call me back?”

“Maybe.” She shrugged, forgetting he couldn't see her.

“Did I... do something wrong?”

“No,” Buffy sighed, becoming irritated with his questions. “Look, Spike. I'm waiting for a phone call. Do you think--”

“One more question, Buffy.”

“Fine. What?”

“Why did you run out on me, today? I thought that you--”

“You thought what, Spike? You thought that you could just talk and kiss your way into my pants? I'm not that kind of girl, and if you think that I am, then you're sorely mistaken. It's happened to me before, and I'm not going to fall for it again, okay? I'll be by your house to walk Duke tomorrow morning. Goodbye, Spike.”

“Wait, please! Don't hang up. Jesus, Christ, Buffy! You are by far the most stubborn, infuriating and... and, you want to know what?”

She could hear his anger increasing, and she knew that she’d blown it with him.

Buffy and Spike? Never meant to happen.

“I don't have to listen to this...” she whispered, feeling defeated.

“You're also the most beautiful, passionate, kind-hearted woman I've met since my mother, and I want you more than anything. But if you want to assume that I only want to use you, then you're sorely mistaken.”

“Spike...”

“No, you listen to me, okay? I've been around a while, Buffy. I know how it feels to be used and abused. Picked up and discarded without a second thought. I would never dream of doing that to anyone, least of all you. I see you every day, pet. Every single day. And every time I see you, do you know what I think?”

Buffy was about to respond when she heard a knock on the door. “Hold on, I'll call you back. Someone is at the door.” She hung up without giving him time to say anything else.

She got out of bed, frantically wiping at her tears as she headed for the door. She didn't want anyone to know how badly she felt. How mad she was at herself for messing something up that hadn't even had a chance to start. 'God, I'm such an idiot...'

She padded over to the door and slowly opened it.

“Spike?” she gasped.

He smiled at her as he stepped passed the barrier and closed the door. “Every day, I think 'This woman is amazing. So bloody beautiful and full of life. I want her to be mine',” he put his hands on her hips, pulling her flush against his body. “And just because we had a miscommunication,” he placed a finger under her chin, tilting her face up to his so he could capture her lips in a chaste kiss. When he pulled back, he wiped a tear off her cheek with the pad of his thumb. “I'm not gonna stop trying to be with you.”

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews?