Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again I would like to apologize for my long absence. Thank you. If someone could make a banner for this it would be highly appreciated.
"Spike... let me go... now." Buffy warned him, trying to sound as threatening as possible.

"And why, pray tell, should I do that, Slayer? I'm bloody well through playing. No more, pet. Won't have you coming in here every soddin' time something doesn't go your way to treat me like dirt."

"That's not what I--"

"Yes, it is." he whispered, easing his hold on her. "Get out."

"What? But--"

"Get out!" he yelled.

Looking at him in surprise, Buffy slowly made her way to his door, casting a last glance back before she walked away.

********************************************

6 Months Later...

"Buffy!"

"Huh?" the Slayer gave her redheaded friend a confused stare.

"I said do you want to go Bronzing tonight?" Willow asked in a worried tone.

"Oh! Ummm... sure. I guess I could use a break from all of this."

Buffy was still adjusting to being back. It was hard to live in this world after knowing what she'd had. Heaven was not something that one just gave up willingly. She had been so at peace. So... complete. But that was gone now, and she needed to move on.

Everyone had been so apologetic when they had found out. She was still having a hard time looking at the people she considered friends. The only one who was different, was Spike. They had shared a kiss a few nights back, and another one on the night everyone had found out where she had been when she had passed away.

Now, as she got ready to go to the Bronze with Willow, all she could do was hope that she wouldn't run into him tonight. She had already had to face him earlier in an alley, and the last thing she needed was to be even more confused.

With that final thought she made her way to the door and threw her friend a pleasant smile.

"Okay, I'm ready."

*********************************************

"Oh, poor little lost girl," Spike sneered as he jumped up, grabbing the chandelier. He quickly swung forward on it and kicked Buffy in the face with both his feet. "She doesn't fit in anywhere. She's got no one to love."

Buffy got up and threw him against the staircase leading upstairs, smashing the banister to bits as she walked toward him.

"Me? I'm lost? Look at you, you idiot! Poor Spikey. Can't be a human, can't be a vampire. Where the hell do you fit in?" she snarled.

Spike swung at her but the Slayer ducked, punching him in the stomach and throwing him across the room again, making him smash into the fireplace.

"Your job is to kill the slayer," she continued. "But all you can do is follow me around making moon eyes!"

"I'm in love with you." Spike ground out while catching his breath.

"You're in love with pain. Admit it. You like me... because you enjoy getting beat down. So really, who's screwed up?"

"Hello! Vampire!" he growled as he swung at her once more. "I'm supposed to be treading on the dark side. What's your excuse?"

*******************************************

"Shoe, need my shoe." Buffy muttered while looking around the floor.

"What's the hurry, luv?" Spike asked in a sensual tone.

"The hurry is I left Dawn all night. And don't call me love." She snapped.

"You didn't seem to take issue with that last night," The vampire smirked. "Or with any of the other little nasties we--"

"Can we not? Talk?" she said putting on her shoe.

"I just don't see why you have to run off so quick. Thought we could--" Spike smirked and waggled his eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

"Not gonna happen. Last night was the end of this freak show."

As Buffy went to walk past Spike, he reached up and grabbed her arm, making her give a little yelp of surprise. He effortlessly pulled her down onto his lap, ignoring her small struggles.

"Don't say that." He whispered.

"What did you think was gonna happen? What, we're gonna read the newspaper together, play footsie under the rubble?" Buffy inquired.

Spike shifted her and slid his hand up under her skirt, gently teasing her wet lips. At her reaction, he tucked his tongue behind his teeth and grinned as a small moan escaped his Slayer's lips.

"Not exactly what I had in mind." He told her softly.

Buffy reached for the last of her self control and pushed his hand away, struggling to get up.

"Stop!" she demanded less forcefully than she would have liked.

"Make me."

"No! No!" she started, but then gave in and kissed him passionately, not caring who he was or that they were supposed to be enemies. All she knew was that she wanted him, yet still she tried to fight her treacherous body and pulled away once more.

"No, no, I-- I have to--"

"Stay. I'm stuck here. Sun's up."

Buffy looked at Spike for a moment, and made up her mind. She felt him turn them around, and lay her down so that he was now on top of her.

"I knew. I knew the only thing better than killing a slayer would be f--"

"What?!" the Slayer asked, suddenly infuriated. She shoved the vampire away angrily and stood up.

"Is that what this is about? Doing a slayer?" she demanded.

"Well, I wouldn't throw stones, pet. You seem to be quite the groupie yourself."

"Shut up." Buffy replied, feeling disgusted with herself as she wiped her lips with the back of her hand.

"I'm just sayin'... vampires get you hot." Spike tried to explain.

"A vampire got me hot. One. But he's gone. You're just..."

Spike looked at her, hoping to god that she wouldn't go the route he knew she was headed.

"You're just convenient." She finished with a look of disgust on her face.

Before Buffy knew what was happening, she found herself pinned to the nearest wall, an iron grip closed around her neck.

"Wanna run that by me again, Slayer?" Spike asked with a dangerous glint in his eye.

"You heard me." Buffy spat out, not backing down.

"Well then," the vampire said in a cold voice. "I suppose I should make the most of my... convenience then, shouldn't I?"

"W- What do you mean?" she asked, feeling a bit worried about this sudden turn of events.

"I mean, pet, that I am not going to let you do this. I won't be your whipping boy, and I sure as hell won't allow you to turn what we have into nothing more than a meaningless rough and tumble. You may not want to admit it, Buffy, but the reason that you want me, is that I understand you. I understand every nasty... little... thing... that goes on in that pretty blonde head of yours. You wanna play, Slayer? Fine. But it will be on my terms... and by my rules."


Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know what you think. And yes, I am pretty much done with the references from the show from now on it will all be new material I just needed to set the scene for what will happen.