Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope everyone enjoys! I loved writing Buffy and Spike's interactions! So wish Joss wrote it this way...anyway he didn't...so I did! Thanks always to the bestest beta eva...Sanityfair!
A billow of smoke circled Spike’s head as he sat upon a grave marker, enjoying the silence of the night. Replaying the evening several days prior, the tinkle of Buffy’s laughter filled his mind, a smile grace his lips.

“Whatcha thinking about?” From behind him, Buffy’s voice filled the quietness.

“Bloody ‘ell!” Choking on the smoke, Spike proceeded to cough and sputter.

“Geez Spike…dramatic much? Hello, slayer here! You should have known I was coming.” Spike gave a teasing leer to Buffy’s chuckling.

“Yeah, well, I didn’t. Glad that we are…well…whatever we are…so I was only caught off guard with your mocking, not a stake.”

“Damn! I forgot I wanted to give you that!” Buffy joked, while she pretended to search her pockets.

“Har…bloody har…slayer. So what brings you to my neck of the woods? Haven’t seen you around in a few days.”

“Been kinda busy...torching a vamp’s nest, long distance stakeage of a runaway vamp-whore, being given an ultimatum by my now ex-boyfriend; who is somewhere in the jungles of South America, and oh yeah, visiting a nunnery. You know, overall, a typical few days for me. How about you?”

During her explanation, Buffy sat on a gravestone across from Spike. At each of her words, Spike’s gaze became wider, toward the end, almost comically so.

“Well, I just ate bagged meals, watched a bit of the tele and smoked. Not nearly as exciting as you, but I made do." Spike acknowledged with a slight shoulder shrug.

He decided to forgo telling the slayer about Riley’s visit to his crypt. He knew that Captain Cardboard was most likely a sensitive subject. The silence stretched as they gazed at one another, until Spike spoke again.

“So, a nunnery huh? Planning on changing career paths, slayer?”

“Was thinking about it. Well, until she told me about the meals. Oh…and the habit wearing. I decided against it, not really into the whole wearing black thing.” Hearing her statement, a scarred eyebrow shot up in question.

“Well, for you, it works. The whole bad boy image…it fits. Me, not so much,” Buffy explained with a noncommittal shoulder shrug.

“Thanks slayer, glad I can still fit in the bad boy category, with being neutered an all.” A hearty scoff followed Spike’s bitter words.

“Spike, you're not neutered; you're just…well you’re… Dietary challenged! A vegetarian if you will!” Buffy announced with false enthusiasm.

“Yeah, that makes it all better! Thanks slayer! My vamp hood is once again intact!" Spike growled as he extracted himself from his seat.

“Hey, don’t be like that, Mr. Grumpy. Just look at me, my life is pretty shitty, and I’m still smiling!” As the words left her lips, Buffy began to cry. Spike was shocked to see her tears.

“Slayer, what’s with the tears?” Spike asked, while he slowly approached the tearful slayer.

“Haven’t you been listening? My life sucks! Sucks like a vampire on the neck of a helpless woman…present company excluded!” Sobs began to accompany her tears.

“Gee, thanks again. Kick a vamp while he’s down!” Spike snapped while he extracted a new cigarette from his duster.

“What is the problem with you men?” Buffy questioned through her tears.

“Pardon?”

“What is the problem with you men?” Buffy questioned again, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

“Slayer, we aren’t a difficult gender to figure out. First off, we are led around by a head with no brain…that should be the first clue!” Hearing this, a small chuckle fell from her lips. Spike continued,

“Secondly, most men have “The Grass is Always Greener” syndrome.” Buffy’s forehead scrunched with confusion. Spike continued, “Men are always trying to change what they have. Always feel they have to improve it. Fortunately, for society, it has paid off; that’s why we aren’t still in caves and wearing fur loin cloths. As you well know, with an upside, there’s always a down. Men don’t know when to stop. It’s an all or nothing mentality. Unfortunately, men use these ideas in their relationships with women. A man pursues a woman. Once he possesses her, subconsciously he thinks of ways to change her. Maybe change her hair from brown to blonde, bigger chest, maybe parts of her personality…”

“But why does he want to change her? Why doesn’t he just go after someone else instead?”

“See, you’re thinking like a woman. In man logic, it makes more sense to change it. For most, it’s too much effort to put on a big peacock show again to find another woman. Anyway, as I was saying…if, and when the woman does change, the man looks upon his creation and wishes for her to be the way she was when they first met.”

“That’s insane!”

“That’s man logic. It may not be logical, but it is what it is.”

“I think Willow has the right idea about batting for the other team. Maybe lesbianism is the way to go.” Buffy’s brow furrowed slightly, while pondering her own statement.

Instantly, visions of Buffy with another woman flashed within his mind. Golden-skinned bodies intertwined each bestowing pleasure upon one another. While the other woman feasted upon Buffy’s pert breast, Buffy’s lips parted as her husky words spilled forth, “Join us Spike…”

“Spike…hello! Join us Spike… in the conversation we were just having! God, one minute you were there, being educational, giving me insight into a man’s mind then next…nothing! The only thing left was this glazed over look in your eyes, and I swear I saw some drooling! What the hell were you thinking about anyway?” Once Buffy finished waving her hands in front of the zoned out vamp, she proceeded to sit back down.

“Um…nothing…nothing at all.”

Spike shifted to dislodge the metal zipper biting into his raging erection. Placing his hands in his pockets, he pulled his trench closed to shield the impressive bulge.

“Anyway…so, oh bleached one, is that it? Men want what they don’t have and don’t have what they want?”

“Yeah, pretty much,” Spike stated, taking a long drag off his cigarette.

“Now, that’s depressing. It’s just…never mind.” Buffy stopped mid sentence, her teeth worrying her bottom lip. Riley’s earlier words filled Buffy’s mind.

They made me feel something, Buffy. Something I didn’t even know I was missing until…On some basic level it was about me. My blood, my body. When they bit me…it was beyond passion. They wanted to devour me, all of me…they made me feel like they had such…hunger for me.”

“Buffy…” Due to her prolonged silence, Spike called to her. Within her green gaze, he beheld the myriad of feelings: confusion, sadness, uncertainty.

“Spike? Can you explain to me why?” Spike’s scarred eyebrow rose, before he could comment she spoke again, “Why would someone get off on a vampire bite?”

“Care to explain where that question came from?” Spike inquired, as their gazes held firm.

“Riley…” Buffy began to explain, until Spike interrupted.

“That wanker wouldn’t understand…” Before he could continue, Buffy spoke,

“Yeah, well, he may be a wanker, but he still said something before he left that has been really weighing on my mind. He told me when she…that vamp…bit him, it made him feel something…” “That he didn’t know he was missing,” Buffy continued inwardly.

“Which was?” Spike prodded gently, while her words halted briefly.

“Passion. Actually, he said it was beyond passion, it was a hunger.”

“Of course it was hunger! All she wanted from him was his blood, nothing more!” Spike scoffed loudly.

“I knew it! I knew there was no way he could feel passion from a vamp bite! It was all lies…” Spike’s next words cut short, Buffy’s mini tirade,

“Now slayer, I never said that one can’t feel passion from a vamp’s bite. I just said he didn’t feel that type of passion.”

“What’s the difference?” Buffy inquired with a slight bite to her words.

“It’s the same differences between Captain Cardboard and me…which are monumental. He didn’t experience passion since the act itself wasn’t passionate. In that case, each was there for their own reasons. For her, free blood without the hunt and for him, to have power over another creature. The ultimate pleasure can be derived from a bite, under the right circumstances.”

“What type of…ohhh…” Buffy’s words hung within the air, once she met Spike’s poignant gaze.

“During those times, the intense and immense ecstasy each partner feels is… indescribable.”

Spike’s words ended in a whisper. His heated gaze became distant, as if he was picturing something within his mind.

“Try me,” Buffy’s words fought past the lump that formed within her throat. Spike’s gaze remained far away. The deep timbre of his voice caressed his words,

“Lover’s bodies intertwined in a primal dance. Mouths and hands seeking, exploring, memorizing…mind clear, but hazy. Only thoughts that exist are the attainment of sheer bliss, which can only be obtained by bestowing and receiving pleasure. As each hovers upon the abyss of ecstasy, one action would push both over, a bite. Fangs sink deep within the column of your throat. No pain… only pleasure… your essence filling their mouth, throat and being. For eternity, you remain within them, a constant companion…”

“Spike…” Buffy’s whisper broke through his hazy mind. Spike’s gaze moved slowly then met with hers. Once they locked, she spoke,

“Show me…”














Chapter End Notes:
Please...please...please give me reviews! Feed the muse!