Author's Chapter Notes:
Spike's POV
Spike had been right: Angelus and Dru were happily fucking in their room, and being unbearably loud on top of that. What was he supposed to do? Wheel around in the mansion, read, make friends with the minions, write bloody awful poetry? Fuck no! He was the one that should be in bed with Dru, hunting with her, and hell, even listening to her mindless ramblings and having tea parties with those blasted dolls! He was supposed to be making plans with others to take down that Slayer and rule that bleedin´ town! But no, not with Angelus around.

He tried to block out the sounds, but vampire hearing made it very difficult. Plopping down on his bed, he pulled a pillow over his head to muffle those grunts and moans a bit. Spike tried to concentrate on something else, anything else. Why was it that Angelus had to be the boss there, again?

Every minion admired Angelus, respected him more than Spike. Why, Spike couldn´t figure out. What had Angelus done that made him the boss? Killed any Slayers? No. Even tried to kill the current one? No. Oh, he danced around, making stupid little pranks that probably only pissed the Slayer off, sure. He was older, all right, but what did that mean? Nothing. Angelus had spent decades with that borrowed soul of his, and the last two years playing nice with the Slayer, believing that they had this otherworldly love going on. Yeah, right.

Like that drunken, whoring, sorry excuse of a man would be destined to be with a seventeen year old California Valley girl, who happened to be the Chosen One. Did that girl really think that Angel had fallen in love with her heart the moment he'd seen her? How stupid could she be? He might have called himself Angel, but Liam was still in there, and he liked them young and pretty. It was a miracle it had taken him that long to get her into bed. Angelus loved virgins, and while he'd had a soul when he slept with Buffy, it hadn´t stopped him, had it?

Now, Spike had to listen to Angelus brag about popping her cherry, like it had been some sort of achievement. Pffft! That chit was obviously so in love with the great prick-head that she had been willing and able. No great seduction schemes had been needed, and there was therefore no reason to brag. That Slayer needed to see what kind of a guy her honey- bear really was, and Spike was just the guy to help with that.

It would be so nice to make sure that Buffy dusted Angelus good and proper. If he could make that happen, he could get rid of that bugger and have Dru back; he could be the master of that Hellmouth again.

There was this voice nagging in his mind, that said some disturbing things, though. For one, that he shouldn´t want Dru back. She was the cheating kind, to begin with, and her dead heart obviously belonged to Angelus. Spike could do better than that. Much better.

It was difficult to even think about that. Dru was his salvation, his princess. They belonged together. Or at least he had always believed so. But could he ever be happy with a woman who wasn´t really his? Had he ever actually been happy with her? He had made himself believe that, had ignored her cheating and angry tantrums when she'd longed for her Daddy. What had he been to her? A caregiver at the best, someone who made her life easier. Sure, she praised him like a good puppy when things went well, but screamed bloody murder and attacked him when they didn´t. Sex had been good, that was true, but even that hadn´t been often in the last few years. Well, not with him. With every sort of demon, or even humans, when she'd felt like it. In their bed, a few times. Dru didn´t seem to have a faithful bone in her body. Of course, it was a different thing with Angelus; she didn´t as much as think of any-one else now.

When he considered it for a while, it wasn´t such a difficult thought anymore. She had never been his. Never. She had needed him, but never loved him. There just wasn´t any one but Angelus in this world for her. That idiot with his giant forehead!
Spike felt his anger rise; how could he have been so stupid! It took just a bit of hard thinking to stop living in denial. He might be love's bitch, but there wasn´t any loving coming in his direction, was there? It felt like his heart went black with all the angry thoughts he was having. He smashed his fist trough the door of his room, pulling it back only to punch trough it again and again, till his fist was bleeding badly and the door was in pieces. "Never again," he swore.

He needed to make both Angelus and Dru pay, big time. And as much as it pained him to admit, he needed help. It pained him even more when he came to the conclusion that the annoying little Slayer was his best, maybe even only option in the helping department. He would have to start thinking of her as an ally, not an enemy, at least until he had no use for her anymore. Then he could kill his third Slayer. He smiled widely, thinking of that. No more grand-poof, no more cheating, crazy girlfriend, and no more Buffy Summers. He would totally rule that town. Yeah, Spike had great plans.

He needed to put things into action, and soon. He would go to the Slayer and offer his help in destroying Angelus and Dru. She would hopefully give him the chance ´cause of the baby incident. Spike just needed to make his offer so good that she would look past his history and find it in herself to work with him. In order to do that, he would have to play nice with the minions and Dru, find out every bit of information there was to find, and even play the supportive grandchilde part with Angelus when it came to the Broody One's plans, not mock them. He would still be his snarky self, still long for Drusilla in front of them, but just with a bit more respect. And boy, did that make him want to barf!

He would also keep his ability to walk again hidden. It would do no good to spoil the element of surprise; they might very well need that. Angelus was a sneaky bastard who had all the minions on his side. One could never guess what he'd come up with, but Spike would do his best to find out. There was Drusilla to consider, as well. She was in her full strength, those days, and, with Angelus letting her take sire´s blood from him, she was a powerful opponent. She was also barking mad, which made the job of guessing her plans extremely difficult. Her visions would be a problem, but at least Spike had learned how to guard his mind from her probing.

All in all, he had a lot on his plate, and he'd need some time to get things in order before he could go to the Slayer, no, to Buffy. He needed to start calling her Buffy then on; it would show more interest and make him appear more friendly and human. Yeah, he knew how her mind worked, having followed her movements and studied her from every aspect, to kill her of course. He would put all that knowledge into work now. Buffy Summers would help him destroy his sire and grandsire, make him the master of Sunnyhell and eventually be the third Slayer he killed.


tbc