Chapter 3

Spike gently lowered her down on the bed, not removing his lips from hers until breathing became an issue, then pressed kisses to her cheeks, her eyelids, and left a trail down her smooth neck.

Buffy arched her back, letting out a soft moan.

He pulled away. “Is this too much?”

She shook her head. “No, please don’t stop.”

That was the last thing he wanted to do, but knew where things would lead if this continued. “Buffy, are you sure you want this? There’s no going back.”

“I’ve never been surer of anything,” was her quiet reply.

Spike nodded, running his fingers through his hair. “I didn’t think this would happen, at least not now. I don’t have any condoms on me.”

Buffy took in a deep breath. “That’s okay; I’ve been on the pill for a while. My mom had me go on it when I started to get serious with Angel last year.”

Spike gave a low growl at that name. He remembered that bloody pansy, how he always had his grubby paws all over her. The git was never worthy enough to touch such an angel. Spike knew he was going to regret his next question, but needed to know the truth. “Did you two ever…?” he trailed off, not able to finish the sentence, but she knew what he was getting at.

“Once, he was actually my first, and it was still the biggest mistake I’ve ever made. Angel acted like he really cared about me, but he only wanted to screw the blind girl, and then brag about it to his friends. He could have cared less about me afterward.”

He clenched his jaw, trying to keep his temper in check. “I knew there was a reason of why I hated that bloke. If you ask me, it’s his bloody loss. Has there been anyone since him?” Spike silently cursed himself, shaking his head. “Sorry, it’s none of my business.”

“No,” she admitted softly, “it was hard for me to trust anyone else after that.”

“And you trust me?” he asked, needing to make sure once and for all that this was what she really wanted.

“With my life,” Buffy responded, no hesitation in her voice.

Spike felt choked up, he would do whatever he could to keep this girl’s trust. Once he finally had her, there was no way he was ever letting her go. He kissed her again, putting all of his emotions behind the gesture.

“Are you naked?”

He chuckled, quickly stripping out of his boxers, grabbing her hand and placing it over his hard cock. “I am now.”

Her eyes widened. “Um, will that even fit in me?”

Spike couldn’t resist the smile from spreading on his face; this girl was just too adorable for words. “Believe me, it’ll fit just fine. Last chance to back out, Buffy. If you don’t want to do this, we can stop at anytime; you just have to let me know.”

“I want you, no regrets.”

That was all he needed as Spike positioned himself over her body, once again kissing her mouth, slipping his tongue inside to be met with hers. He couldn’t remember ever being kissed so sweetly. Without removing his lips, he used his hand to fondle her breasts, feeling her nipples harden under his touch, and then reached down to caress her bare mound, sliding two fingers inside of her drenched center, surprised by how wet she was already. She gasped into his mouth, and Spike could tell that she was enjoying everything he was doing to her. “Let yourself go, baby, I’ll catch you.” She did just that, coming a second later, his fingers coated with her delicious juices, and that was confirmed when he sucked them clean. It was the best thing he ever had in his mouth, and Spike knew that he needed more. He lowered his head, thrusting his tongue deep inside of her pussy, drinking up her cream. The more he pushed, the more she came, and he licked up every drop, not letting any of it go to waste. “Fuck, you taste good.”

She panted after her second orgasm, trying to catch her breath. “I never knew it felt like that.”

Spike grinned, glad to know that oral sex wasn’t something she shared with the big oaf. “There’s plenty more where that came from.” He positioned his cock over her entrance, brushing the hair out of her face, and noticing that her eyes weren’t focused on him. It made him sad for a moment, but he quickly got over it, instead turning her head, so he could at least pretend that she saw him. He kissed her lips tenderly, and then slowly slid inside of her core, shutting his eyes at how tight she was. He could almost imagine that she was still a virgin. “Bloody hell,” Spike cursed, burying his head in her shoulder as he made his thrusts faster.

Buffy arched into him, running her hands down his naked back. She grabbed his head, meeting his lips with hers in a passionate embrace.

He felt that she was close, sending her over the edge, and then following right behind her. Spike pumped his member a few more times, before his body crashed on top of hers, his head resting on her chest. He could hear the fast beating of her heart, and knew it matched his, both now breathing heavily in the afterglow. After a moment of blissful silence, he moved off of her body as to not crush her, lying by her side and pulling her closer to him, kissing the top of her head. “You are so amazing.”

She smiled, nuzzling his chest. “You’re not so bad yourself.”

He knew that this would change things, but couldn’t remember ever being happier. Spike doubted the social worker would see it that way, but chose not to care at the moment. The only thing that mattered was Buffy; everything else could wait for another day.


* * * * *


“There we go,” Spike said after he set Buffy on the kitchen counter. “You’re such a tiny thing.”

“Thanks, I think,” she commented.

He smiled. “What would you like for breakfast?”

She shrugged. “I’m okay with anything.” Her eyes lit up. “Oh, could we have chocolate chip pancakes? Mom used to make them every Sunday, I miss her cooking.”

Spike kissed the sudden frown off of her face, cupping her cheek. “I’m not as good as your mum, but I’ll see what I can do. She was a very special lady.”

Buffy agreed, feeling tears in her eyes. She lost her dad in a car accident a few months after Dawn was born, and losing her mother hurt even worse, they were so close, but Spike was quickly putting the pieces back together in her life. Buffy didn’t know where she would be without him.

While the pancakes were cooking on the stove, he came over to take her in his arms, wiping her tears away. “I’ll always be here, okay? You’ll never lose me. You and Dawn are my world now, nothing will ever change that.” He smiled when the little angel in the next room giggled at some cartoon she was watching on the telly, his heart nearly bursting at the sound. “I love you both very much. You know that?”

She nodded, reaching for his hand and bringing it to her mouth, placing a kiss on his knuckles. “We love you, too.”

He pecked her nose, moving back to the stove before the pancakes burned.


* * * * *


“I have to say, Mr. Pratt, this place looks ten times better than it did during my last visit. You’ve really done wonders here.”

He sighed in relief. “Thank you, Ms. Sharp, only the best for my girls.”

“I insist that you call me Pamela, we don’t have to be so formal here,” she stated, smiling at the young man, sensing something in his tone and watching as his gaze landed on the eldest Summers, while she played with her little sister in the living room. They looked so happy, and the expression on his face was unmistakable. “Could we talk in private for a moment?”

Spike nodded, following her into the kitchen, concerned about what she had to say.

“Feel free to tell me if I’m out of line, but I’m usually good at this sort of thing. Do I detect something going on between you and Buffy?”

His eyes widened, wondering how she could have picked up on that. “Please, don’t take them away from me,” was all he could manage to say. There was really no point in denying it.

Pamela shook her head, a smile forming on her face. “I assure you, that is not my intention. I see how happy they are here, and I would never want to deprive them of that, but you can be honest with me.”

He took in a deep breath, letting it out a second later. “Yes, I love her, and it’s completely reciprocated. I don’t want you to think I’ve been taking advantage, that’s the farthest thing from my mind. I know how this looks, but Buffy’s an adult now and when you think about it, eight years is really not that much of a difference.”

She held her hand up, amused at his ramblings. “Your secret is safe with me. I won’t be removing the girls from your care, but I would advise that you be careful in the future. Others might not be as generous as I am. As far as I’m concerned, they’re right where they belong.”

Spike was beyond relieved to hear that, shaking her hand. “Thank you so much, I was bloody terrified for a second there.”

“I can see how much they mean to you. Just continue to do what you’re doing, and we won’t have any problems. I’ll see you in a couple of weeks.”

He walked her to the door, giving a wave as she left, and moving into the living room to watch his girls. Spike couldn’t contain his excitement, jumping on the couch and taking Buffy in his arms, giving her a smack on the mouth.

She laughed at his antics. “What was that for?”

“I didn’t think I needed a reason to kiss my girlfriend,” he replied.

Buffy blushed, loving the sound of that. “I take it everything went well.”

“That it did, pet, you’re officially here to stay.”

She smiled, laying her head on his shoulder. For the first time in her life, Buffy felt like she really belonged somewhere. There was no better feeling in the world.

The End


Chapter End Notes:
Well, there you have it; I said there wasn’t much to this. I could have made it longer and added some angst because like Ms. Sharp said, I’m sure some people wouldn’t take too kindly to them being together, but I decided to give these two a break. They’ve been through enough, and I just didn’t have the heart to do it. Anyway, I’ll probably start posting my next story in a few weeks or so. That one won’t be as fluffy, but hopefully I’ll have an audience for it. Thanks for reading!