Author's Chapter Notes:
It's only now that I'm posting this story, that I realise how short the chapters are. Sorry about that. Anyway, thank you to the awesome Sotia for beta reading and to everyone who commented last chapter.
Swings and Roundabouts

Chapter Five


The beat of the song wound through his body, pulsing from the tips of his fingers down through to his toes. Anne had her back to him, moving sinuously against him in time to the music. His hands were on her hips, lips hovering over the crook of her neck.

They were barely moving, just rocking slightly back and forth, side to side, in mimicry of a mating dance as old as the ages.

Anne twisted to face him, looping her arms around his body. Her hands rested on the small of his back, and—when she lifted his t-shirt slightly, hot fingers stroking the skin there—he jumped and pulled her even closer.

He groaned. “What are you doing to me?” When there was no reply, Spike didn’t know if she had heard him over the pulsing beat of the music.

The song changed, the sultry sounds of the dance number morphing into a softer ballad, the singer’s voice as rich as chocolate. Anne laid her head against his shoulder, and he held her tight, relishing her touch, the feel of someone in his arms, something he had denied himself for so long.

Guilty thoughts tried their hardest to creep into his mind, thoughts of how he had met Anne in the first place, and why he was in L.A. Spike ignored them, concentrating only on the girl in his arms. She was right. Dwelling on the guilt wasn’t the right thing to do.

Right then, that very moment, he was dancing with Anne, and that was the only thing he wanted to think about: the way she fit against him so sweetly, the way her hands felt in his, the scent of the skin at the crook of her neck, and the softness of it when he rested his chin there.

He couldn’t say who made the first move when, moments later, their lips met in a tentative kiss. It was soft and hesitant, but it still sent tingles through Spike, and he moaned when she pulled away. Their eyes met, and he saw that Anne was looking at him just as intently as he was looking at her.

In the background, the song was reaching its peak, but Spike heard nothing but the pounding of his heart and then, suddenly, he was kissing her again.

It was nothing like before; this kiss was neither tentative nor hesitant, but full of passion and longing. He moaned and pulled her closer, his tongue running along the seam of her lips, coaxing her mouth open.

Somehow they manoeuvred themselves off the dance floor until they came to a stop underneath a metal stairwell. Spike pressed Anne against the wall, and kissed her like his life depended on it. She tasted sweet, of the rum and coke she’d had earlier. He couldn’t get enough.

He felt like he was on fire, his hands running up and down her back, her sides, every part of her he could touch. When she pulled away, panting harshly and eyes wide, her head tilted back against the wall, he showered the sides of her face and neck with little nips and kisses.

“Spike…”

He heard her voice, but it didn’t really register.

“Spike, wait…”

She pushed at his chest, and he took a step back, staring at her in confusion. He swallowed, and tried to get his breathing under control. “Is everything okay?” Running a hand through his hair, he continued. “What… why…?”

Smiling, she leaned into him again and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. “Everything’s good. I just thought…” She shrugged, a shy smile on her face. “Maybe we could go somewhere more private?” She sent a daring glance down towards the front of his jeans, where the evidence of his arousal was apparent.

“Oh.” It took a few seconds for Spike to realise what she meant. “Oh!”

Taking her hand, he wrapped his long leather coat around himself to conceal his erection and let her pull him towards the exit.

As they were leaving the club he saw Lorne tip his head towards them with a nod and a wink.

***

Stepping out into the chill night air calmed the heat between them a little. Spike grabbed Anne’s hand and started to pull her towards the taxi rank.

“Wait, wait.” She laughed. “What hotel are you at?”

“The Century.”

“No need for a taxi, then,” Anne said. “I know a shortcut.”

“Look at you.” Spike smirked. “All know-it-all.”

“What can I say?” Anne replied. “I’m knowledge-girl.”

He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her close for a kiss. “You’re amazing.”

Pulling away, the slightest hint of a blush on her cheeks, Anne spoke as she took off at a slight run. “Come on, this way.”

***

“If I remember rightly,” Spike said, “the last time you and I took a walk in a park, it wasn’t so much a short-cut as a long one.” He peered ahead, unable to see very far. It was fully dark now, and when he glanced at his watch he was surprised to see that it was almost two in the morning. It didn’t seem five minutes had passed since he had met Anne, let alone over five hours.

“I swear we’re going the right way.” She swung their joined hands backwards and forwards, and then twirled herself closer to him, stealing a kiss with a laugh.

Spike looked at her, bemused. “You’re an odd one.”

“And you’re not?” She smiled enigmatically and then nodded her head towards the children’s playground they were passing. “I bet you wouldn’t bat an eyelash if I told you I wanted to go in there.”

Spike frowned before he realised that she was right. In the short time that he’d known her, she’d continually surprised him with her quirky ways. “Do you?”

“What?”

“Want to go play on the roundabout?” Spike clarified.

“The what?” Seeing Spike make a circular motion with his hand, she understood. “Oh. No, I was thinking more of making out on the swings.”

He sent her a heated look, the idea of simply kissing on the swings like teenagers exciting him more than he’d imagined it would. His adolescent years hadn’t exactly been full of such delights; that would be a first for him.

Seated on the swing, Anne straddling his lap, Spike found that he did feel slightly ridiculous, and began glancing around nervously, checking for onlookers.

Anne threaded her fingers through his hair and kissed him lightly. “There’s no one around. Stop worrying.”

“Can’t help but feel a little silly, pet,” Spike said. “I’m a mite too old for this.”

Anne smiled. “Honestly? I feel kind of stupid, too. You see people doing this… in the movies, you know? I always thought it looked fun. I never really got to have fun with—”

Spike silenced her with a kiss, knowing what she was going to say and not wanting the ghosts of their past to come between them. She leaned into the embrace, making a small noise of satisfaction as she kissed him back.

It wasn’t long before their mouths were moving together furiously, Spike feeling as though he would burn up at any given moment. They were pressed intimately together, and, every time Anne rocked against him, he groaned, the movement sending bolts and shivers of pleasure through him.

When he felt like he would pass out from the dizzying heights she was sending him to, he broke away from her mouth with a ragged gasp. Between breaths, he managed to say, “Think we should move this somewhere else before I embarrass myself, love.”

Anne nodded, and slipped from his hold, staggering slightly as she stood up. “Come on.”

-TBC-


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading. Please let me know what you thought in a review. :)