[Reviews - 119] LikedPrinter
Summary: Every year, to mark the anniversary of his wife’s death, Spike Giles makes the trip to L.A. to visit her grave—always alone, always lonely. This year he meets the girl who will change not only his evening but his life. Forever. All-human.
Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Buffy/Other, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No
Word count: 23369 Read: 14725
Published: 04/21/2010 Updated: 09/28/2010

1. Prologue and Chapter One by xaphania [Reviews - 8] Liked (1323 words)
I've been writing this one for a few months--I have ten chapters written, so if all goes well, I'll be updating every week. Many thanks to Sotia for beta reading and just generally being awesome. Oh--and in case you were wondering (as it seems to just be a British expression)--the title comes from the idiom: something you say to describe a situation in which there are as many advantages as there are problems. I hope you enjoy. :)

2. Chapter Two by xaphania [Reviews - 4] Liked (1346 words)
Thanks for the reviews for the first chapter! Big thank you to Sotia for beta reading. :) Hope you enjoy!

3. Chapter Three by xaphania [Reviews - 6] Liked (1536 words)
Thanks again for the comments to chapter two! And once more to Sotia for beta reading. :) Hope you like this chapter.

4. Chapter Four by xaphania [Reviews - 4] Liked (1339 words)
Thank you for the reviews last chapter! Thanks again to Sotia for beta reading. Hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

5. Chapter Five by xaphania [Reviews - 7] Liked (1319 words)
It's only now that I'm posting this story, that I realise how short the chapters are. Sorry about that. Anyway, thank you to the awesome Sotia for beta reading and to everyone who commented last chapter.

6. Chapter Six by xaphania [Reviews - 5] Liked (1817 words)
*nervous about this chapter* And the next, actually.

7. Chapter Seven by xaphania [Reviews - 5] Liked (1333 words)
A day late, sorry! Many thanks to Sotia for beta reading and also to peroxidelove for her thoughts on this chapter. I really appreciate the help!

8. Chapter Eight by xaphania [Reviews - 9] Liked (1318 words)
Thanks to everyone for the comments so far, your thoughts and encouragement mean a lot! Thank you to Sotia for beta reading, and as I have played around with this chapter since she looked it over, any mistakes are my own!

9. Chapter Nine by xaphania [Reviews - 10] Liked (1512 words)
I'm posting a day early for two reasons: I have a test tomorrow morning and if it goes badly, I'll be too depressed to post. :P And secondly, I got an email letting me know that this fic has been nominated at the Sunnydale Memorial Awards for Best AU and Best Romance, that Out of the Grey has been nominated for Best Series Finale Fic, and that I was nominated for Best Author. Thank you to whoever sent those nominations! Now, on with the chapter. I had fun seeing what people thought of the end of chapter eight.

10. Chapter Ten by xaphania [Reviews - 11] Liked (1762 words)
Thanks to everyone who's commented on this fic so far. I've done quite a bit of tweaking to this chapter since it was beta'ed, so any mistakes are my own. Hope you enjoy!

11. Chapter Eleven by xaphania [Reviews - 8] Liked (1449 words)
Once again, thank you so much for the reviews and comments to this fic. This is where I run out of chapters - I have the next one half-written so I hope I can keep up with regular updates. I'll keep you posted, though, at my livejournal. Thanks to Sotia for beta reading!

12. Chapter Twelve by xaphania [Reviews - 9] Liked (2030 words)
All of the other chapters were written before I even started posting this fic - now that I'm writing at the same time as posting, I'm not going to be keeping to my previous posting schedule. I'll just post the chapters as soon as they're ready, and I hope that I'll be able to keep them pretty regular. Thanks to everyone who has reviewed so far! And thank you to Sotia for beta reading. :)

13. Chapter Thirteen by xaphania [Reviews - 9] Liked (1226 words)
Sorry for the shortness of this chapter. The next one will be a long one, though. ;) Thanks to Sotia for beta-reading and to everyone who has left a review so far!

14. Chapter Fourteen by xaphania [Reviews - 11] Liked (2516 words)
Sorry for the delay with this chapter, it took a while to write. I'm going on holiday on the 7th August for two weeks, so there won't be an update now for a while. I'm hoping to get some writing done, but I'm not sure how well that will go. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

15. Chapter Fifteen by xaphania [Reviews - 13] Liked (1543 words)
*gasp* What is this? An update? I am SO sorry for how long it's taken me to get this posted, especially because the chapter is kinda... short. But I lost my way a little with this fic... I've been working on something new (12,000 words in, so it's not like I've been lazy or anything!) This fic won two awards at the Sunnydale Memorial Fanfiction awards. Thank you to anyone who voted! Onto the chapter... *bites lip nervously*