Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in posting but I had some serious guy troubles going on. They aren't fixed....not sure they ever will be back I'm back nonetheless. Hope you enjoy.

Chapter 9: Someone to Talk To



15 hours later: 10:30 pm. Wednesday

Buffy walked out of the school library where Oz was locked up tight for the night. Willow was staying the night there reading to him until he woke up. She felt bad for making Willow shoot him with a dart gun but knew it had to be done. Buffy paused in the cemetery knowing she was late again and also knowing it would be another night before her mom returned. She walked into the center of the cemetery and pulled herself up on a high building looking around. She saw Spike rolling around in the middle of the cemetery muttering to himself. She carefully hopped down from the crypt then carefully and quietly made her way closer to him.

Buffy could hear him mumbling, “Serves you right you stupid git for taking advantage of the girl last night. You knew her heart belonged to the poof but no, you didn’t respect that and had to go taking advantage of her ignoring the fact that she’s only 17 and very vulnerable. You’re more than 9 years older than her in human years much less vampire years. Vampires have no right becoming involved with the living and you of all people should know that William. What is bloody wrong with you mate?”

He hit himself in the head and Buffy gasped knowing he was talking about her. He whipped his chair around so fast Buffy thought for sure he would tip but he didn’t. Buffy looked at his eyes as his blue eyes pierced her green eyes as he managed to stutter out, “You came...”

Spike acted very much surprised to see her there and she smiled trying to ease his mind feeling a bit guilty for ease dropping on him, “Of course I came. I just had a bit of trouble with the werewolf.”

Spike wheeled up beside her and started to run his hands down her arms and to her stomach as he lifted the shirt slightly, “He didn’t bite or scratch you right?”

Buffy shook her head as she put her hands on Spike’s easing them from lifting up her shirt anymore and let the shirt fall back down to cover her. She sat on the edge of his wheelchair and he pulled her onto his lap motioning with his hands, “I won’t touch but tell me about the werewolf.”

He rested his hands on the edge of the wheelchair as she leaned back against him, “Well we found out who it was…”

Spike’s curiosity peeked as he asked, “Who?”

Buffy shifted as she leaned her head against his shoulder, “Well, it was Oz, you know my friend Willow’s new boyfriend. She took my advice to go to his house and talk things through with him, which apparently was a bad idea as it was a full moon still and he turned into a werewolf in front of her. She managed to get away without being hurt only to run to Giles and I who were getting together a stun gun. Well I ran into the beast right in time to kick the gun away from Cain who is the werewolf hunter, only to end up face to face with the werewolf we now knew was Oz. I was afraid to hurt him at first but I realized quickly, he didn’t seem to mind such things. Reminded me of Angelus in a way….”

Spike felt her tense up on his lap and before he could stop himself found himself putting a hand on her thigh to trace light circles. But she didn’t seem to mind as she relaxed again to tell her story, “So anyway I fought against Oz and managed to be thrown by him into Giles as Willow shot him with a stun gun.”

Spike nodded and whispered, “You’re really lucky pet he didn’t hurt you. You can’t cure that.”

Buffy nodded and she grew quiet as she listened to the emptiness in his chest. She shifted slightly as he spoke up, “So listen Slayer about last night….”

Buffy cut him off, “Don’t blame yourself. I practically threw myself at you so unless you have mind control abilities, it was as much my fault and idea as it was yours.”

Spike nodded saying nothing but instead inquired, “Did Angel visit you last night?”

Buffy shook her head as the tears started to fall, “No he went Willow’s instead.”

Spike frowned, “Ahh she has the fish then.”

Buffy sat up a bit looking at him in surprise as she quickly wiped the tears from her eyes, “Huh?”

Spike shrugged pushing her head back to settle down on his chest liking the warmth she was emitting from her body, “Yeah. Angel came in last night bragging about how he went fishing. He was so loud about it, laughing with Dru that I couldn’t help but overhear.”

Buffy said in a flat tone, “Oh.”

Spike whispered, “She’s doing the dis-invite spell correct?” Buffy nodded her head, “Been there, done that. Willow lied for us you know.”

Spike cocked his head to the side to better view her as he looked surprised, “Is that right?”

Buffy nodded again, “Yeah, I gave her the supplies explaining that I had a source who did the spell for me and she lied to Ms. Calendar saying that she tried it on my house and didn’t have fun doing it so wanted her help on her own house.”

“Probably best pet that they don’t know about me. I can’t fancy the whelp or the witch or even your watcher liking the idea of you hanging out with another bloody soulless vampire and I don’t fancy becoming dust when I can finally move two more toes this morning.”

Buffy smiled at him, “You can?”

Spike showed her wiggling his left foot’s big toe and the next two toes on there and Buffy even noticed a tiny bit of movement in the last two toes. She jumped up off his lap exclaiming, “That’s great! Before you know it you will be able to fight Angelus for me.”

Spike grinned proudly as Buffy leaned over offering her neck to him, “More blood will help right?”

Spike nodded as he leaned down taking her breast into his hand again to begin the kneading. She moaned moving to straddle him as Spike whispered against her ear sucking on an earlobe, “You are too sore for another repeat of last night. Tonight we just do blood. Tomorrow we will see. Besides it’s a bit too late…”

Buffy frowned but sighed as she tipped her head more to the side eager, “I’m ready.”

Spike leaned down kissing down her neck pausing to suck on the spot on her neck that he would bit. It was just a tad bit lower than the other two bites, which were already healing nicely, and mostly gone. He breathed in her scent as she whimpered rubbing against him. He put a hand on her stomach while not pausing on his kneading as he slipped into game face and bit down on her neck.

Buffy gasped then moaned out in pleasure as he took some pulls of her blood. Within minutes Buffy was whimpering in pleasure.

Spike was tempted to take her then and there knowing she would easily give in to anything he wanted but wanted this to be a long term arrangement. He was healing already but had a long way to go so having her take it back wasn’t in his best interest. He would have to wait a night. He felt her heart beat slow and he pulled out licking the wound sealed. He felt Buffy shift to lean her head against his shoulder wrapping her arms around his back. He nibbled on her ear then closed his eyes basting in the way the blood made him feel. Buffy finally shifted as she muttered, “Will you walk me home?”

Spike nodded as Buffy stood up to start to push his wheelchair. Nothing was said the way home, as both of their minds were busy thinking. At the door, Spike didn’t move to enter thinking the spell was already done so instead he gestured towards the door awkwardly, “Home sweet home slayer.”

Buffy frowned but said nothing as she smiled at him, “Thanks Spike. For making me safe and helping me.”

Spike shrugged, “It’s a win win deal. How could I not resist?”

Buffy frowned again saying nothing more as she whispered, “See you tomorrow.”

She waited hoping he’d say something but he didn’t so she closed the door. She watched as he wheeled himself away. Sighing, she climbed the stairs taking a hot shower only to sink into the bed wondering what the next day would bring.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



8 hours later: 7 am. Thursday

Buffy woke up feeling refreshed. There was no dizziness and life seemed good. For a few minutes she floated around her room until reality hit her. Angel was Angelus, her friends were in trouble and she, Buffy Summers, was mixing company with an evil vampire.

She sighed as she slipped out of her bedclothes and into the shower. She took a leisurely shower until she remembered she would have to walk to school and therefore couldn’t afford to play around. She slipped on some black jeans and a fluffy pink sweater that had a high neck and pulled her hair into a ponytail out of her face. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed, as she wondered why Spike hadn’t wanted her last night. She didn’t feel too sore. Should she be sore? She pondered on this as she helped herself to a quick piece of bread and walked out the front door.

Within minutes she was walking side by side with Willow, “Anything happen last night?”

Willow shook her head as Buffy asked, “Everyone’s houses vampire proof?”

Willow shook her head, “We actually didn’t get to do mine last night but all was in order. No one was home since I was staying the night in the library until this morning where I returned to get dressed. Ms. Calendar plans to help me with it tonight.”

Buffy nodded and smiled, “Good. We don’t want anything else dead.”

Willow nodded sadly, “Oz seemed so sad being locked up. He doesn’t get locked up tonight. Do you think he remembers anyone at all when he’s a werewolf?”

Buffy shrugged, “I don’t know much about that. He seemed more than willing to attack us though.”

Willow sighed, “Not me though. He seemed to avoid me.”

Buffy didn’t say anything knowing her friend was only being hopeful that Oz loved her no matter what. Willow let out a sigh, “Think now that I know the truth about him, he will want smooches and to finally do it?”

Buffy giggled a little as she pointed across the way to the red head that was patiently waiting for Willow, “Why don’t you go ask him?”

Willow grinned crossing the way as she off to meet with Oz. Xander zoomed past Buffy on his skateboard as he exclaimed, “Hurry Buff. You’re late again!” With a deep sigh Buffy rushed towards the school eager to get this day started.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



15 hours later: 10:30 pm Thursday

Buffy twirled her stake after having dusted 20 vampires throughout the night. She had been patrolling since 8 eager to find all the vampires early so she could spend some time with Spike. She felt the tingles and turned around to find herself face to face with Spike. She smiled putting her stake by her side, “You scared me. You’re getting good with those wheels.”

Spike shrugged obviously upset about something as Buffy moved over to sit on top of a nearby gravestone, “Busy night? I’ve been out here a while.”

Spike smirked, “Looking for me pet?”

Buffy shrugged noncommitedly, “Not exactly. Been dusting your friends.”

Spike chuckled loudly at that, “Not my friends Buffy but your lover Angelus’s.”

Buffy frowned, “He’s not my lover anymore.”

Spike shrugged concentrating a bit on wiggling more toes, “Only took the one time luv. That was enough.”

Buffy sighed as she twirled her stake in her hand wishing this conversation were easier, “How was your day?”

Spike glanced towards her, “Brilliant pet. Angel spent the day indoors shagging Dru senseless and there was nothing I could do to drown it out unless I wanted to turn into a big pile or dust.”

Buffy frowned, “Sorry…” She paused then admitted, “My day was mostly quiet. I ate lunch in the library listening to Giles share all sorts of tidbits about Angelus tortures and how since he didn’t mess with any of us, he was planning something. Then listened to my friend Willow talk about her desire to date Oz tonight and his denial claiming it was a school night. Then Xander and Cordelia proceeded to make out in front of us not even bothering to hide the fact that’s all they ever seem to do. Boring day mostly.” Spike nodded looking down at his folded hands not saying anything as Buffy asked, “Want to come back to my place?”

Spike cocked his head to the side, “You didn’t have the teacher do a dis-invite spell?”

Buffy shook her head, “Maybe once the claim is broken but until then…”

She trailed off as she shuffled her feet and twisted her hands, “My mom is gone for another day and night. She won’t be back until Saturday. Would you, I mean…I could order pizza course I don’t know if you eat pizza.”

Spike rolled forward putting a hand on her hands, “I’ll come over and eat pizza.” Buffy smiled up at him and raced around to the back of his chair to take over pushing it for him neither one noticing Oz’s eyes from the woods peering at the two.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Buffy pushed Spike into her house and Oz gasped as he stepped out from the shadows exclaiming loudly, “Buffy!”

Buffy turned around staring at Oz, “Oh Oz…what brings you here?”

Buffy wheeled Spike the rest of the way in, “Come in Oz. I know you don’t need an invitation but I figure it’s only nice to invite.”

Oz eyed Spike, “You know he’s a vampire right?” Buffy nodded biting her lower lip. Oz continued, “Ms. Calendar was dis-inviting vampires from houses yesterday and today. Willow had told me your house was already done. Did she get the news wrong?”

Buffy shook her head as her hair flopped in her face still not saying anything Oz glanced at Spike for an explanation and Spike explained in simple terms, “We have ourselves a business deal.”

Oz sniffed towards Spike, “You have no soul.”

Spike chuckled, “That’s correct wolf boy. I have no soul. No soul to loose and definitely no soul to gain. Why does that bloody matter?”

Oz turned towards Buffy looking greatly concerned as he stated, “You are making a big mistake.”

Buffy shook her head begging, “You won’t tell anyone will you? Spike here is helping me out. We have a deal of sorts. I give him something and he oh damn…” She realized it was so complicated and Spike didn’t say anything as he watched the emotions pour over Buffy’s face.

Spike spoke up, “What’s the number to the pizza joint? Pepperoni and sausage ok pet?”

Buffy nodded and he turned towards the wolf asking, “It ok with you?”

Oz nodded and Buffy spoke up finally, “It’s on the wall in front of the phone.”

Spike nodded and wheeled away to go order pizza. Oz sat down at her table leaving room for Spike and Buffy to join him eventually as he made a deal with her, “I won’t tell under one condition Buffy. You must be honest with me. I’m pretty easy going and can be a great guy. Willow likes me after all. Plus now I’m part wolf and I’m pretty tolerant of things such as vampires. So what is this between you and the bleached blond vampire?”

Buffy frowned, “Spike. His name is Spike and he’s in with Angelus’s crowd but doesn’t really like him being back and…I don’t think I can do this.”

She instead sat down in front of him on the chair and pulled back her neck showing the claim mark. Oz growled slightly surprised at himself and sat back, “Um that Spike’s?”

Buffy shook her head, and Oz goes, “Damn you got a problem.”

Buffy nodded, “It’s Angel’s and he doesn’t know about it and Spike recognized it on me and we made a deal. He will challenge Angelus for it in exchange for my blood so he could heal. It’s not a bad deal. When he wins, I’ll be free and never have to think about Angel anymore.”

Oz frowned, “That’s dangerous you know that? Spike will have the right to claim you if he chooses from what I understand.”

Buffy’s eyes showed surprise as she asked skeptically, “Just how do you know that?”

Oz grinned, “I did some research tonight after I had the sudden urge to bite Willow last night. I had to know why I had that urge and it was a biting claim urge. Now that I understand it I can better control it.”

Buffy smiled, “We have an agreement. He won’t claim me unless I want him to.”

Oz shrugged, “Well you know best.”

Just then the doorbell rang and Buffy heard the sound of wheels rolling into the kitchen and smelled the smell of freshly baked pizza. Buffy grinned, “How’d you get that so fast?”

Spike laughed and said, “If you look at the box, it’s not actually from your pizza place. Sorry pet, called in connections. I couldn’t wait the 25 minutes for bloody pizza.”

Oz chuckled, “You will have to hook me up with where you called. I practically live on pizza and waiting 30 minutes is a drag.”

Buffy watched the two languages between the vampire and werewolf and noticed there was an understanding of sorts. Both didn’t seem to mind the other’s company and that made Buffy relax and eat a piece of pizza watching the other two guys devoured on their pizza. Buffy grinned as Spike shoved another piece on her plate, the second she was finished.

Spike grinned, “Now I just need a glass of blood to wash it down.”

Oz laughed, “I crave bloody steaks now, almost completely rare.”

Spike grinned, “I can hook you up with the name of an awesome butcher shop that knows just how to set up a rare steak so it’s still oozing blood.”

Buffy shook her head as she felt her stomach do a flip-flop. She got up and took out three sodas as she offered, “Sorry in this house, it’s coke or bust.”

Oz opened his coke and took a large sip as did Spike. Buffy was impressed seeing the two creatures sitting at her table enjoying pizza and soda with her. As the conversation turned to Oz’s band, she felt like she was having a normal conversation. She wished for a moment Willow was there and turned towards Oz, “Think Willow will freak if we told her?”

Oz shrugged, “She seems cool with dating a werewolf, I don’t see why she would have a problem with you dating a vampire.”

Buffy’s eyes got big at the words dating as she denied it shaking her head, “We aren’t dating…”

Oz chuckled slightly, “Right, just providing blood for a vampire that you don’t care about enough to date and just sitting having pizza like old friends which isn’t a date. Gotcha. Could have fooled me though.”

He leaned back in his chair downing more of his soda as Buffy looked uncomfortable. Oz shrugged, “I say tell Willow. I would love a double date that isn’t a double date.”

Spike smirked at Oz but said nothing and Buffy nodded, “I’ll think on it.”

Oz stood up then finishing off the last of his piece of pizza gesturing towards the door, “I should get back. I got school in the morning as you do Buffy.” He then leaned up to Buffy, “If you don’t want people believing you are dating Spike here, I suggest you try not to have your scent all over him and his scent over you. That’s kind of a dead give away to the vampire and werewolf world and probably demons as well.”

He threw his stuff away as he waved to Buffy and saluted Spike, “See you around Spike.”

Spike grinned, “Certainly will Oz.”

As Oz closed the front door Buffy breathed a sigh in relief. Spike rolled over next to her whispering into her ear, “I’m thirsty.”



Chapter End Notes:
I'm still looking for a beta for a few stories I have written and some I have started on here. If anyone is interested please contact me!!