Chapter 10: A Bit of Cold Comfort



Buffy pushed him back as she cleaned up the table putting the empty pizza box into the garbage as well. Everyone enjoyed three pieces with Oz having a fourth and she was sure everyone was stuffed and she couldn’t imagine Spike still being hungry. She eyed him as she turned around drinking the last of her soda noticing he had wheeled himself over to where she stood at the counter as he repeated, “I’m thirsty.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, “I gave you a soda, what more do you want?”

Spike tapped his left foot that he could move up to the ankle and Buffy eyed it as she took a step back, “Can you move the other foot?”

Spike shook his head and wheeled forward, “Perhaps tonight will be the night.”

Buffy frowned but Spike grabbed her around the waist hoisting her into his chair and wheeled her into the living room as she was yelling, “Hey!” He just chuckled as he yanked the blanket off the couch and draped it over her whispering, “Time to pay up luv. Ready?”

Buffy bit her lip nervously as Spike whispered, “What’s wrong pet?”

Buffy felt the tears start to form as she admitted, “I’m supposed to love Angel.”

Spike nodded as he stated in a flat tone, “And I’m supposed to love Dru, your bloody point is?”

Buffy frowned as more tears fell, “It’s been five days, just five little days and I’m already in bed with another vampire.”

Spike frowned, “We haven’t made it to the bloody bed thanks to my inability to walk yet pet. Everyone needs someone. You know that right?”

Buffy nodded as she tried to wipe away the tears as she explained, “For the last year, that someone was Angel. Sure we were never really close but I loved him and I wanted to be with him forever. I imagined what my life would be like with him and I figured we would last forever. I didn’t even know he was a vampire before I was fantasizing about him.”

She frowned as more tears fell, “I found out he was a vampire and was freaked out but he was different. He had a soul and was supposed to be good and pure and everything that was something I could justify. Little did I know it would all be ruined by a simple night of pleasure.”

The tears rolled down at her cheeks as she continued, “Then you are now around and you are not in my right and wrong categories. You realize I was taught, vampire bad, no soul, slay since I was barely 14 years old? So for 3 years I’ve been having vampire slay drilled into my head. But you don’t seem evil. Angel was good as a vampire but then Angelus was bad and the only difference was his soul. What the hell am I supposed to do with you?”

Spike eyed her tears and struggled with the urge to comfort her and instead let her cry in his lap refusing to give in to these feelings that would result in his arms surrounding her in comfort. Instead he focused on her words as she continued to ramble, “You don’t have a soul so you should hate me and want to kill me. You should be doing everything Angelus is doing now that he has no soul yet you aren’t. You’re making deals with me, the slayer who is destined to kill you and your kind. You are helping me to dis-invite Angelus from my house, giving me advice to protect me and I don’t know what to make of it. My head is spinning like crazy and I can’t stop crying now.”

She sniffled loudly as she tried to wipe away the tears that wouldn’t stop falling. She was crying too strongly to talk anymore and Spike grumbled to himself but gave in the desire to wrap his arms around her trying to offer her comfort. She sniffled as more tears fell and she leaned her head against his chest curling into a ball letting his arms around her bring her comfort. She didn’t want to think about the fact that an evil vampire who was created by Angelus was holding her close and offering her the only sense of comfort she had found since Angelus was created. Her sobs finally calmed down as she whispered, “This is all my fault.”

Spike shook his head not letting her go yet as he said, “No pet, this is Angelus’s fault. He was 35 when he was turned and is well over 200 years old and you’re only 17. He’s an adult who has had over a century to figure out what the heck the curse meant and instead he didn’t. This is completely his bloody fault. If I believed it was your fault, I couldn’t be here with you but instead I know it’s his fault. Buffy, look at me…this is not your fault.”

Buffy looked at him with tear filled eyes and her face a mess and he gently wiped his hand over her face realizing at that moment he was in deep trouble. He was feeling things no vampire should. He was tempted to run but knew that was part of the reason he was there. He wanted to be able to run and fight and kill and he couldn’t until Buffy’s blood healed him. Instead he tipped her head towards him and licked down her throat tasting sweat and tears on her neck as he plunged into her neck with no warning.

She gasped and clung to him as pain hit her body like a flood and he immediately felt her relax trusting him as she leaned her head against his chest giving him full access to her throat. He felt a bit of remorse as he began to gently massage her breast to give her some pleasure to take the pain away. He didn’t take any blood just let the droplets run into his mouth as he lifted her shirt up to her neck and began to touch her breasts with both hands.

She opened her legs straddling his as she arched her butt against him rubbing against his erection. After a few minutes of him not taking any blood and just licking away the blood that escaped she whispered, “Let me turn around. I need to feel you against me.”

Spike nodded removing his fangs and yanked her shirt over her head as she managed to remove his whispering, “I just wanted to feel your cool skin against mine. It’s kind of a comfort thing.”

Spike chuckled as he felt her rub her body against his and he whispered, “Buffy, luv if you keep that up…I’ll be offering more than comfort.”

Buffy grinned feeling playful, “Who’s to say that’s not comforting?”

Spike growled and kissed her hard. It was the first real passionate kiss she had ever experienced and it took Buffy’s breath away. She moaned into his kiss running her fingers through his hair in an attempt to pull him closer. She wrapped her legs around his waist as she struggled for more contact. She ran her hand down his chest to find his pants, which she unbuckled and unzipped.

Spike was startled hearing the sound of a zipper. He whispered, “Remove your pants.”

She didn’t need to be asked twice as her pants were discarded beside them and she was straddling him fully naked as he whispered kissing down her neck to her breasts. He weighed each breast in his hand whispering, “Your bruises are gone.”

She nodded as she arched towards him enjoying his cool fingers on her hot skin. Spike hesitated for just a moment thinking that this might not be a good idea until he heard her moan again and his little control was gone. He was an evil vampire after all or so he told himself. He lifted her up in the air positioning her over his erection and lowered her half way as he hissed in pleasure and she threw back her head moaning out his name. He groaned as he lifted her up higher and then lowered her fully onto him as she moaned in pain and pleasure and she wiggled a tad trying to get comfortable.

Some tears formed in her eyes at the sudden invasion but he knew she had been sopping wet. He wiped her tears away as she whispered, “It didn’t hurt much. It was just a shock.”

Spike nodded as he kissed her again and felt her starting to move against him. She moved her hands to the sides of his chair for leverage as she lifted herself and lowered herself starting to swirl her hips. She was picking up on things that felt good to her and he could hardly wait until he could really take over control and show her places she had never reached before but until then, he would settle for this because it sure did feel good.

She moaned throwing back her head again as she moved against him squeezing her muscles with every motion. He was in Heaven and felt like he was going to be burned alive as he reached for her breasts again to tweak the nipples before lowering his head to take a breast into his mouth sucking on it as Buffy whispered, “More!”

Spike squeezed the other breast in his hand while the other received nibbling and sucking.

Buffy moaned out loudly as her hands gripped the chair so tightly that her knuckles were being drained of all her blood. She shuddered with closeness and Spike knew they both needed the extra connection of her blood.
He released her breast with a pop using his hand to switch breasts. He licked and sucked down her throat to the point of where he bit before and whispered, “Ready for me to bite you luv?”

She nodded her head frantically as he licked her one more time then she heard the sound of the bones shifting in his face as she felt two tiny pin pricks followed by the incredible feeling of her blood racing to his mouth. She moaned out Spike’s name and Spike groaned as he took a few more pulls of her blood just as she shuddered against him. He released her breasts to hold her fully so she didn’t cause him to tear her skin as she orgasmed shouting out his name over and over again. He took a few more pulls of blood before realizing he was taking too much and quickly pulled his fangs out just in time for Buffy to squeeze him tightly again ready to orgasm again. He roared out her name as his release took her by surprising bringing her along with him.