Author's Chapter Notes:
My creation. Enjoy!

Chapter 13: A Little Jealousy Can Make the Heart Grow Fonder



Spike wheeled through the cemetery aiming to meet up with Buffy early if she was around. He then caught her scent as he hid behind the trees watching as a ton of girls holding weapons raced towards her house shouting, “Xander!” Spike growled as he smelt Buffy and wheeled faster and faster trying to keep up with running girls but realized as he fell behind, that working with a wheelchair isn’t as fast as legs. He growled again as he paused for a second watching the scene unfold.

Hopelessly he watched as Buffy flung herself toward Xander, “If you don’t want me, no one can have you!” Buffy tried to aim the axe at him dressed in just a black raincoat and Spike had had enough.

He rushed forward in his wheelchair and grabbed her by the waist tossing the axe aside. He took her struggling body with him into the shadows just as he spotted Drusilla in the bunch. She was cooing over Xander trying to kiss him and hold him and Spike realized he didn’t feel much. He was more upset over Buffy’s behavior than Dru’s as he continued to wheel her towards the cemetery. Once inside the cemetery he wheeled himself into the crypt he had been using and locked the door as he frowned looking at her, “Buffy what has gotten into you?”

Buffy pouted, “I want Xander.”

Spike growled smelling Xander on her as he ripped off her raincoat off her roaring, “Bloody Hell, woman, I’ll teach you to want someone else.”

Buffy continued to pout as he leaned down kissing her lips but she barely responded. Determined he licked down her neck stopping at her breasts. He fondled them noticing she wasn’t her normal responsive self as he shook her commanding, “Buffy, luv, wake up, snap out of this. What is wrong with you? It’s almost like you’re under a sodding love….”

Suddenly it dawned on him. Lots of females all crazy after Xander. They were under a love spell. He growled dragging her to the corner where he had placed his books hidden from sight. When Angelus had returned, he was afraid Angelus would get it in his head to torture him even worse by destroying his books. He flipped through an old spell book looking for a solution. Finally after a bit of searching he found something to at least bind her in place until he could figure out how to undo the spell. Quickly he pulled out the salt he had collected and tossed a quick circle on the floor knowing he would have to work this perfectly as Buffy was beginning to struggle again. He lifted the book as he started chanting in Latin.

Little did Spike know in another part of town, Giles was undoing the spell at the same moment. Buffy twisted and turned in his lap as Spike finished his chanting and tossed Buffy into the circle as it glowed bright red and Buffy stood up looking at Spike whispering, “Spike?”

Spike nodded pulling her up and onto his lap thanking the Gods or powers that be or someone for the fact she was back to normal. He growled softly as he pulled her to his body and she looked down at her naked form shyly, “Why am I naked?”

Spike frowned pulling off his button-down black shirt to put over her looking a bit guilty. He explained, “You were under a bleeding love spell of some kind that was casted on Xander and you were chasing him…”

She whispered quietly, “My God. This morning I threw myself at him in the library but luckily he didn’t return the favors. I almost cheated on you!”

Spike’s mouth fell open as he heard her words and he closed his eyes trying to figure out how he felt about it as the growling from his demon sounded through his body. He rocked her in his arms as he whispered, “You can’t cheat on someone you aren’t dating.”

Buffy frowned, “So you can sleep around?”

Spike shrugged, “Evil Vampire here luv. I’m loyal but you haven’t said we are exclusive.”

Buffy pushed him from her revealing her anger, “You’re still sleeping with that ho-bag Dru? My God, I thought you wanted me not her. I really thought you did…I thought you were different than just a soulless vampire! I should have known better than to trust that. I guess I was hoping.” She had been beating on his chest fairly hard but at the end of her speech, she put her hand up to her mouth and sobbed loudly crashing to the floor in a heap.

Spike frowned lifting her back on his lap to rock her gently whispering to reassure her, “I haven’t been with Dru since long before your night with Angelus. She was sick after all and now she only wants her daddy so it’s only been you luv. Only you.”

Buffy sniffled in his arms thankful he had been there to save her before she had managed to kill Xander.

She relaxed in his arms as he gently rocked her and she remembered what she wanted to ask him. The request just gushed out of her quickly, “Would you like to go to the Valentine’s Day dance with me at the Bronze? I told Willow about us today and Oz already knows and Xander might be there which won’t be pleasant but I’d really like to go if you don’t mind that is.”

Spike grinned as he said, “Get up pet and watch.”

He carefully lifted his legs off the wheelchair holder and balancing himself carefully he stood up wiggling his toes and ankles. Buffy grinned flinging herself towards him as he fell back into the chair. Spike grinned proudly, “If you feed me tonight and perhaps before your dance tomorrow, I might have enough strength to walk in the bloody place!”

Buffy grinned and nodded exposing her neck. He shook his head, “Your mum’s gone one more night right?”

Buffy nodded her head whispering, “Tomorrow night she’ll be back but I’ll just tell her I have plans with Willow and Xander.” Spike nodded and shifted slightly so she was sitting more comfortably on his lap as she grinned excitingly, “Think we can head back to my place? I haven’t gotten a chance to eat anything because of my crazy day.”

Spike grinned, “Pizza again?” Buffy agreed and leaned her head against his chest as he wheeled his way towards her house hoping that everyone would be out of sight.

Buffy whispered against his chest as he wheeled his way inside her house, “Were you really jealous?” Spike hesitated and Buffy frowned stating, “I was when I thought you were sleeping with Dru. I don’t know if it’s love or anything fancy like that but I think of you as mine. I felt jealous.”

Spike listened carefully to her and then nodded knowing it made him a ponce but what the Hell, “Yea I was bloody jealous. Don’t go doing that again!”

Buffy felt bad, “I didn’t mean to.”

Spike shook his head not repeating anything out loud yet but his thoughts loud in his head, ‘A vampire in love with a slayer, who would have thought it. Bloody hell I’m a ponce.’ But he looked down at Buffy who was snuggled up against his chest as he wheeled over the barrier in her doorway with no problem and smiled thinking, ‘What a way to go either way.’

Buffy smiled up at Spike and crawled off his lap as she went to get plates and a soda. She called to him, “Did you call for pizza?”

Spike called back, “Sure did.” He wheeled around the corner kicking his legs a bit and Buffy smiled at that as she set the table. Who would have thought a vampire slayer would be offering her blood to help heal a vampire? She didn’t plan to get into this situation again. This was scary business and if she had this problem a little after the Angel blown out, she wouldn’t have ever gone to the evil undead. Desperate, she had and now look where it got her, she’s in love with another vampire only this time soulless. She found herself nervous that once this arrangement stopped, they really would hold to their original terms. The original terms that were that she was single and free and he would disappear from sight with Dru. She didn’t want that to happen and in fact was petrified that would happen.