Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter for a while. Hope you guys are patient and still around despite my absence. I'll try to be more faithful in the future. This chapter was once again totally me.

Chapter 17: Little Hallmark Moments


2 hours later: 6 pm.

Spike handed the clerk seven crisp $100 bills that he had withdrawn from the bank a few hours prior. Usually he stole the money but since this was for Buffy, he wanted it legit. He couldn’t for the life of him figure out why he was giving her a Valentine’s Day gift. He could still hear Dru and Angelus’s conversation earlier echoing in his head,

”Happy Valentine’s Day, Dru…” The way Dru had looked up at Angelus like he was a God when he had placed the human heart on the table. Spike had heard her cooing as she said, “Ooh. Angel!” She had touched it and whispered, “It’s still warm.” Angelus eyed Spike noticing he was sitting in the far corner of the room watching the whole thing as he turned towards Dru whispering against her ear, “I knew you’d like it. I found it in a quaint little shopgirl.” Spike growled instinctly until he realized he just didn’t care anymore. He turned rolling away from the scene before preparing to sneak out for night.

Twenty minutes later, Spike found himself sitting in his chair looking for the perfect necklace for Buffy. He had a dozen red roses resting on his lap as well as a dozen daisies. He didn’t want the necklace too sparkly, and definitely didn’t want a cross. He had been nervous about a heart until he found the perfect one. It had a thick but sturdy chain that was made of silver hearts linked together. It was strong enough that it wouldn’t break if something were to grab a hold of it and it had a beautiful silver hollow heart that he had engraved WP & BS that he determined he wouldn’t show her until much later on.

He also bought a matching bracelet with the same design and had that engraved as well. He had paid the extra money to even have it engraved with a tiny number so that if she lost it, it would be identified and returned to her. He wiggled both his feet happy he could indeed walk if he chose to but wanted to be careful knowing the minions would be out and about and would gladly tell their master and mistress that Spike could walk. He grinned thinking about the fact he could indeed walk again thanks to Buffy.

He looked forward to dancing with her at least one dance tonight at the Bronze and remembered their beautiful night last night. How he longed to race across the cemetery, take a walk in the moonlight with her, and carry Buffy around. He paused that last thought and shook is off as he wandered through the cemetery thinking it was early but he needed to drop off his bag in the crypt in order to have clothes for later to change into.

Spike had on his trusty leather duster and black pants with his black boots on that he had taken the time to shine up. He wore a blue silk shirt on his chest though that he had to dig out of his clothing box to find. There was no way he was returning to the factory to hear the love fest tonight knowing it would going on all night and they would never think to check on him. If he couldn’t pull off sleeping at Buffy’s, he would sleep at the crypt tonight, which was what was in the second bag. He had brought along a soft blanket, red silk sheets, and a thin but soft bed cushion to lie across whatever he decided was good for sleeping on. He also brought along his spare pillow wanting his room to still look lived in. He even set up some clothes in his bed so that if anyone actually checked on him, they would only think he was sleeping.

He was ready for tonight and was greatly looking forward to it.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@


Half hour later: 6:30 pm. Saturday

”Buffy! Willow is here!”

Buffy stretched pulling the plug on the tub before stepping out wrapping a towel around her chest. She shouted back to her mom, “Send her up to my room. I’m in a towel which is fine.”

She tightened the towel around her feeling a tiny bit relaxed after her 30 minutes of tub time. She had soaked in vanilla aiming to make the scent drift around her. She smiled at Willow practically squealing with excitement, “Oh my God, you look great!”

Willow beamed at Buffy as she exclaimed, “You’re the one who suggested it. I’m hoping tonight is the night since Oz is playing with the band until 10. Then he’ll be spending his time with me.”

Buffy grinned pleading with her friend, “Help me decide what to wear!”

She glanced one more time at Willow’s pink dress that she had lent her and pink flat shoes. She glanced back at her closet watching as Willow pulled out a red silk short dress with spaghetti straps that she had bought last year but never wore. Willow jumped up and down in front of Buffy stating, “Oh my Goddess! This is the dress.”

Buffy grinned, “You think?”

Willow nodded her head up and down over and over again as she held up the dress to Buffy. Buffy glanced down at it and took it from Willow’s hand as she reached into her underwear drawer grabbing a pair of lacy white panties to go with the outfit. She disappeared into the bathroom returning in just a minute or two with the dress on her body and the underwear already on. She did a turn for Willow who cooed over the dress and Buffy smiled. Buffy inquired, “Need your opinion. Hair up or down?”

Willow glanced at the fairly fresh bite mark on her neck gently stating, “Perhaps down since Xander will be there. You don’t want to introduce him to the vampire you love and have him focus on the bite mark on your neck.”

Buffy turned to the side pulling her hair up as she turned, “It’s not that bad is it?”

Willow shrugged, “I noticed it but barely. I knew to look for it too since you mentioned your little deal already to me.”

Buffy nodded and opted for her hair to be half up and half down. She pulled part of it back braiding it before attaching a red ribbon to it. Willow smiled at her watching her brush some makeup over her face before she turned around shouting, “Ta da!”

Just then the doorbell rang and Joyce yelled up the stairs, “Oz is here for you Willow!”

Willow glanced back at Buffy who nodded her towards the door. Willow let out a deep breath as Buffy bent down to find the perfect shoes to go with the outfit. She heard Oz talking to Willow then heard the doorbell ring for her jut as she pulled out a pair of black boots. She heard Joyce yell, “William’s here!”

Buffy took in a deep breath as she stepped out of her room to stop at the top of the stairs in amazement.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@


7 pm. Saturday

Spike glanced up at the top of the stairs holding a dozen of red roses in his hand and a small box. He looked at Buffy thinking if he had breath, she definitely would have taken it away. He watched as she slowly came down the stairs holding one hand on the railing and the other toying with her dress as she stopped at the bottom stair. He was memorized for a moment with standing there with his head cocked to the side as every thought left his head. Finally he snapped out of his thoughts as he whispered, “Buffy, luv you look amazing.”

He heard a soft whisper that without his enhanced hearing, he might not have made it out, “You get the job done yourself.”

Spike smiled as he took her hand in his as he handed her the dozen roses. Then he got on his knees in front of her handing her the box. She gasped glancing around at the on lookers in the living room and she opened the box fearful of what she would find inside. She hadn’t even gotten used to the feeling of him being there and she loving him and now he was on his knees in front of her? She shook her head gently as she opened the box and smiled in relief as she held up the necklace. She glanced in the box seeing the matching bracelet as he smiled up at her and she offered her arm to help him stand.

Spike still had trouble getting up and down and really depended on her healing power and strength of her blood to do any extraneous activities. She lifted her hair carefully turning around allowing Spike to fasten the necklace around her neck grinned as she slipped the bracelet on her wrist. She rushed over to her mom showing her and Willow the jewelry. Both cooed over it appropriately before Joyce announced, “Dinner is ready!”