Author's Chapter Notes:
New update! 6 chapters this time and then there's 5 left. Totally my work on this one. We are coming up to a plot copy so be prepared. In the next few chapters we will mix in and out of the Killed by Death episode with some changes I made to it to fit my story. But for now, enjoy a new chapter!

Chapter 21: The Talk


20 minutes later: 3:20 am. Sunday

Spike came out of the shower wearing a towel wrapped around his waist and his duster wrapped around his body buttoned up tightly. He came down the stairs and Joyce stopped him stating, “We need to have a talk since you are now with my daughter and I imagine since you have been feeding from her, you are also participating in certain activities. I might not be your mother but I’d like you to listen to my talk as well since you don’t appear to have a mother.”

Spike smiled flattered but could think of many other talks he would rather have than a sexual education talk. He sat down next to Buffy who looked at him hesitantly and he pulled her close, “I’ll just rewash up at the crypt.”

Joyce eyed him at that statement but said nothing more as she sat down saying, “Ok. I’m guessing you both have had sex and are you being safe?”

Buffy frowned, “Um he’s a vampire and can’t get anyone pregnant. They are kind of already dead as is anything that comes out of them.”

Joyce frowned but said nothing about that and instead changed the topic to what she wanted to say to the two in front of her, “I’d still like to remind both of you to be safe. You can talk to me about anything, that goes for both of you.”

Both nodded dutifully and Joyce also said, “I don’t want it going on in my house. I won’t prevent you since you are 17 years old Buffy and an adult but I don’t want it going on in my house. Once you are 18 Buffy then we will talk about again about the subject but for right now, you can do it somewhere else. And you William, you will take care of my daughter right?”

Spike nodded and promised, “Always.”

She smiled and said, “Good. One more thing, about this um crypt. You are welcome to stay here, in a spare room of course or the basement if you prefer. I’d rather not have my daughter hanging around a crypt especially sleeping there at night. So William if you wish, you may move your stuff in here and stay here away from the evil vampires….”

Spike spoke up, “I’m evil.”

Joyce laughed shaking her head, “No William. You are fighting against your nature to be evil. As long as you don’t kill or murder or steal or anything else the commandments say are bad, you can stay in my house.”

Buffy whispered, “Can he please stay in my room so I can sleep?”

Joyce sighed but didn’t give in, “I’ll think on it but for now, no.”

Buffy nodded respecting her wishes as she gave Spike one last hug as she yawned. Spike gave her a kiss on the forehead as Joyce left the room and then kissed her lips whispering, “I left my shirt up in your room for you to wear to bed so it smells like me.”

Buffy smiled as she whispered, “Happy Valentine’s Day Spike.”

He whispered back, “Happy Valentine’s Day Buffy.”

She walked up the stairs as he went into the kitchen to rewash up before he sat back down in his wheelchair longing for the day that he wouldn’t need to pretend anymore and wheeled back to the crypt for clothes. He sensed a few minions out and about but managed to avoid them as he made his way to the crypt. There he washed, dressed and carefully made his way to the factory to slip in the back and fall asleep promptly not even caring if anyone noticed he was missing.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@


9 hours later: 12:30 pm Sunday

Buffy woke up not feeling well. She never got sick but she was determined to fight this out as she went down the stairs. She grabbed a piece of fruit off the basket Joyce had put on the table and took a few bites then raced outside to puke it up. Her mother rushed over to her and put her hand on her forehead whispering, “You’re sick and burning up. You need to go back to bed.”

Buffy frowned and said, “No, I’m fine really.”

Just then the doorbell rang and Buffy went to get it finding Willow and Xander standing at the doorway carrying their math and science books. Buffy stepped back allowing them in the room as Xander asked, “You ok Buffy? You look like shit don’t get me wrong.”

Willow glared at him and hit in him the arm, as Buffy didn’t say anything only tugged a little on her sweat pants that seemed to make her even hotter. She sat down in the chair picking up her backpack determined to get her homework done for Monday knowing she couldn’t be out of school. She pulled out her math book and tried to focus on what Willow was teaching her and Xander about how to do the problems. She managed to get half of it done before the room started spinning. Joyce came in bringing soda and chips for the gang and noticed Buffy wasn’t looking good. She put her hand up to Buffy’s forehead again stating, “Buffy you’re burning up. Go lay down upstairs and perhaps you can do your homework later in the afternoon.”

Buffy frowned but dutifully listened knowing she didn’t want to be sick and miss meeting Spike tonight. She closed her eyes as the world continued to spin and she imagined being held close by Spike’s cool body as she fell asleep.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@


6 and half hours later: 7 pm. Sunday

Spike heard the loud noises of Angelus and Dru shouting loudly. He pulled on his pants quickly sitting down in his wheelchair to appear to be paralyzed still as he wheeled himself into the main room to see Dru humming softly laying on a table looking up at the ceiling. Spike knew she was admiring the stars that weren’t there again but didn’t like how Angelus was eyeing her barely dressed. Spike’s direction was suddenly drawn to Angelus’s face as he said, “Rollar boy, I see you’re still alive and kicking. Have you been depressed my boy?”

Spike snapped back, “Wouldn’t you like to know.”

Angelus cackled and snapped his fingers as he smirked, “I would actually. I like to keep a clean ship and would like to know where to send the clean up crew for your dust. I wouldn’t want it blowing around in this factory making a mess of the place would I?”

Dru whispered, “He plays in the sunshine.”

Angelus motioned towards Dru saying, “She’s been saying that dabble for days now. I’m beginning to think you are due for a dusting. Are you planning it my boy?”

Spike glared at him as he snapped back yet again, “You wouldn’t care and probably wouldn’t notice.”

Angelus shrugged getting annoying now by the anger in Spike’s voice, “You’re probably right. So did you hear what I did to our little slayer yesterday? I had a nice little chat with her mother but I don’t think she cares for me for some reason.”

Spike held himself back as he listened, “She seemed to still believe her daughter was an innocent little virgin who was a perfect student with no extra circular activities but I set her straight. I informed her of Buffy and my night of passion and informed her of my love for her daughter. She didn’t seem impressed but I’m sure she will come around. Perhaps she will get to be my perfect gift for the slayer. I can turn her into a vampire so then I could have full access to her house again and I would have help in turning her myself.”

Angelus cackled at his own plan and Spike gripped the wheelchair so tight he thought the metal would bend in his hand. Spike instead took a deep breath stating, “It’s about time you have a plan. You seem to be playing games with her instead of fixing our little problems.”

Angelus cackled, “Oh I have a plan. Just I need time to execute it and besides, I’m having way too much fun with Dru here to worry about a slayer for now. But soon she will be ours to play with honey.”

Dru moaned, “I don’t like to play with the light.”

Angelus rolled his eyes, “She’ll be a vampire Dru not a light.”

He rolled his eyes as he stated, “Sometimes I wonder why I made her as crazy as I did. Oh well, sun is down and time to have some fun. See you later wheeley.”

He turned around pulling Dru to her feet and together they left the factory and Spike wandered back to his room to catch another hour or two of sleep before meeting Buffy.