Author's Chapter Notes:
All mine! Hope you enjoy. I enjoyed writing this chapter even though it's not lovey-dovey in any way. I hope you enjoy it as well!

Chapter 31: The Challenge


Meanwhile within the walls: 1:20 am Wednesday

Angelus growled, “So I claimed the slayer eh? How come I didn’t notice?”

Spike chuckled, “Cause you are a ponce who focuses on the wrong thing. While you were out tormenting her little friends, I was with her. You know who recognized the claim you big poof?”

Angelus looked surprised as Spike threw a punch knocking him into the wall as Spike stated, “Me. I was rolling through the park one day, in the Merry merry month of well January and there was the slayer. As I got close enough to her, I got a whiff of your bloody claim mark and you were just too busy molesting her in her sleep to even notice. What does that say about you, ole Great Angelus?”

Angelus laughed still feeling a bit shaken as he threw two punches at Spike who easily ducked out of the way before Angelus threw a kick knocking him down. As he righted himself, Angelus yelled out, “It says that I was able to claim a slayer who you apparently have feelings for. This is going to be so great. Not only will I get to turn the slayer, I’ll get to dust you, devastating her before torturing her by tormenting her about your death. Then I’ll get to turn a slayer who can’t kill me unless she wants to die.”

Spike laughed, “You realize to turn her, she must die you big git.”

Spike kicked Angelus in the chest knocking him backwards against the stonewall with a grin, “You can’t kill her or you will dust. You aren’t as smart as I thought.”

Angelus growled and threw two punches in a row at Spike landing them right as his face. Spike stumbled backwards still laughing, “And you hit like a sissy girl.”

Quickly Spike wiped the blood from his lower lip still laughing at Angelus. He swept his foot out and knocked Angelus to the ground kicking him again and again in the chest before punching his face. Angelus roared and threw Spike back as they both stood facing each other off. Angelus shouted towards him, “You were always a disappointment to me Spike or should I say Willy? Dru pitied you and tried to turn you. When she brought you home, I finished. To think I had such high hopes for you.”

He paused as he jumped into the air landing a kick to Spike’s chest knocking him back into the opposite’s sidewall, “But you were a pathetic wimp. You feared death; you never knew your place as a vampire. All you wanted to be is a rebel. You should have been killing innocents and enjoying the torture of them but instead you were killing to feed, leaving live victims and causing chaos.”

Spike laughed as he jumped up after Angelus kicked him in the face causing him to stumble backwards, “You tortured innocent people. You never tried anything that you couldn’t possibly lose. You never did get tired of fighting battles that you knew that you would be a bloody pushover. Where is the fun in a battle that you know you will always win?”

Spike grabbed a wooden stick, which was on the floor kicking the other towards Angelus to have a fair fight, “You never felt anything in your life including the pleasure of the adrenaline.”

As Spike was speaking he was hitting Angelus’s stick with his again and again. He was jumping and throwing his whole body into every hit; ducking and jumping to have every action taken by Angelus miss his body. He was twirling even as Angelus was standing there barely moving throwing hit after hit. Finally Angelus got tired of it and hit Spike in the face throwing him backwards. Spike laughed, “You used to hit a lot harder Gramps.”

Angelus laughed watching Spike stand up, “Nah your head is just a lot thicker.”

Spike leaned over once again wiping the blood from his lip as he leered at Angelus before jumping back into combat. Spike and Angelus continued to battle it out with sticks neither making much headway until Angelus threw him into the wall. Spike stood up holding the stick above his head stating, “You are not going to win this time. This time the victory will be mine. You have spent 100 hours drinking pig’s blood and from rats while I have spent the last week or so of my life drinking slayer’s blood. Know what that means?”

Angelus chuckled not really knowing what it meant as he was kicked multiple times in the head before falling backwards spitting out blood from his mouth coughing slightly, “It means I’m bloody well stronger than you.”

Angelus’s stick had gotten lost in the battle and Spike still held his stick stating, “You aren’t worthy of her you know. You were never worthy of her. Not even when you were Angel. She deserves to be loved, cared for and treated right, not stalked by a broody moody vampire with a bloody soul. And now look at you. You are the great Angelus who is old, out of bloody shape and well frankly, disappointing.”

Spike threw a few punches at Angelus as he spoke, “You…are….no….longer…my…idol!”

Angelus laughed as he threw Spike back far enough to hit the other wall. As Spike tried to stand up using the wall, Angelus jumped across the floor landing in front of him using his hand to hold Spike up off the floor by his neck. As Spike struggled a little to be freed, Angelus threw back his head in a laugh, “You know what Willy? I always thought you were a great way to entertain my Dru. She sometimes was a bit too crazy even for me. I couldn’t understand her and you would keep her busy for me. You were a toy for her. She never wanted you. She only wanted a toy she could play with who would worship her.”

Spike threw a punch towards Angelus hitting him in the face as Angelus threw one right back, “Buffy doesn’t love you either. Just think, she found out I claimed her; I control her life now. She’s mine and she doesn’t want to be mine. So she goes to the only vampire in the world who could challenge and possibly have a chance to win. She felt nothing for you Willy. She never will. She will always love her Angel which is hey sometimes me!”

Spike lifted a foot to kick Angelus in the stomach then roared as he leaped towards him knocking him backwards. He punched Angelus in the face as he stated, “She doesn’t….love you….anymore!”

Angelus lifted his hips grabbing Spike with his arms to knock him over his head to land on his back where he again jacked Spike up against the wall hitting him in the face banging the back of his head again and again against the wall, “William just face it son, you aren’t lovable material. You are some sick joke that women scorn and use as a way to meet an end. The sooner you realize that my boy, the sooner you will be able to be happy.”

Spike lifted his arms putting them between Angelus’s then pushed outward to break the hold he had around Spike’s neck, “Oh don’t worry sire, I’ll be so bloody happy once you are gone and Buffy and I are alone.”

Angelus roared as rolled over re-grabbing the wooden stick from the ground as he shoved Spike to the ground. He then lifted the stick trying to plunge it into Spike but Spike rolled around on the ground avoiding the attacks just barely. I hit Spike's arm before he managed to use the wall to stand up and leapt over Angelus to grab his wooden stick, which got kicked out of his hand and flew into the wall by Angelus’s foot. Angelus used his stick to attack Spike over and over again. All Spike could do was use his arm to parry each attack but was feeling the bruises form on his arms. He glanced around stumbling over the stick he had been hoping to find and Angelus kicked it out of the way as he lifted the stick in his hand over Spike's head, “Anything you want me to tell the Slayer?”

Spike tried to kick Angelus who avoided the kicks and slammed his foot down on Spike’s chest pinning him to the ground with the stick still over his heart in the air. Angelus flexed both his hands as Spike glanced around looking for something to use as leverage and noticed a piece of rope. He lunged towards the rope knocking Angelus over just as Angelus was about an inch from his heart. Spike didn’t have time to enjoy the fact he was alive as he wrapped the rope around Angelus’s throat and yanked him into the wall hitting his head three times before Angelus slummed down still glaring at Spike. Spike picked up a stick breaking it over his knee to make it sharper while stating, “So Angelus, any last words for Buffy?”

Angelus spat back, “Go to Hell.”

Spike chuckled, “Oh I will someday thanks to you. You made me into the monster I’ve become and Buffy will help unmake me. I’m sorry Angelus but this is goodbye.”

With that Spike plunged the now stake into one of Angelus’s arms and then into the other arm making it so that Angelus couldn’t get up. He then grabbed the rope knowing it wouldn’t hold him but tied his hands together as tight as he could as the walls disappeared. Spike heard yelling going on behind him but slammed his fist into Angelus’s head knocking him out.