Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter! Hope you have enjoyed this adventure. I'll see about posting a new story soon once people have caught up with this one. I have a few finished. I'd love to have the stories betaed but I understand people get busy and don't have time to beta so you might have to deal with the stories from now on not betaed unless someone has time to help.

Chapter 33: True Love



Buffy sniffled wondering if she should even bother to fight. As she was still debating fighting the sobs that refused to stop, strong arms wrapped around her, holding her tight. She struggled for a moment until she heard Spike's voice whispering, “Buffy, luv, don’t cry. It's all right. I got you. It’s all over.”

Buffy was in shock as she shook her head not thinking it was real. She thought she had cried herself to sleep and that this was all just a dream. She knew she would wake up and he wouldn’t be there. She whispered, “No…no.”

Spike hugged her closer whispering, “Buffy luv, I’m here now. You are safe. Look at me.”

She turned towards him opening her eyes and stared into the deep blue eyes that she thought she would never see again. She hugged him tight whispering, “What about Dru?”

Spike frowned stiffening slightly glancing down at where his arms held her, “I gave Dru to Angel to care for. She always loved Angel and he was responsible for her and it was either that or kill her. I couldn’t kill her not when Angel can feed her sire blood and keep her safe. She will probably even agree to pig’s blood for her precious daddy. If not, perhaps Willow can curse her or something. Besides she wasn’t the one I loved anymore. Angel told me what you said to him then he agreed to take Dru. They are going to L.A. Did he tell you?”

Buffy shook her head frowning slightly feeling sorry for Drusilla and Angel but knew it was for the best. Angel could help her and perhaps they could find a way to anchor his soul. She rested her head against his chest listening to the quiet as she realized he wasn’t wearing the necklace anymore. She didn’t look at him but whispered softly, “Can you sense them?”

She felt him nod against her head as he admitted quietly, “Yea but it’s faint and the way it should be. It’s more of a faint sense of them being alive. They won’t bother us anymore, you know that right?”

Buffy didn’t say a word only rubbing her hand up his arm noticing the serious burn marks and cuts there. She moved back slightly lifting his shirt as he peered down at her curiously but didn’t stop her. She looked at how badly burned he was and how deep some of the cuts were. He had bruises covering over most of his chest and neck area as though he had been kicked and strangled. She wanted to help him knowing he did this to save her. Everything he had been through tonight was to save her. She arched her neck towards his mouth closing her eyes offering, “Feed.”

He shook his head and she felt him stiffen. She knew what she wanted and knew how to get it and had made her decision knowing how much she couldn’t live without him. She could only hope he would feel the same about her. She moved in his arms until she was facing his neck and she leaned down to bite his neck hard letting the copper taste fill her mouth and with a slight swallow.

She heard Spike gasp and whether it was in pain or pleasure or perhaps just surprise she wasn’t sure and really didn’t care. She licked the wound as she whispered, “Mine!”

Spike tightened his hold on her staring at her in disbelief as she repeated, “Mine. Spike please say you’re mine. Please.”

She sounded so desperate she snapped Spike back into reality. He looked at her lovingly and whispered in reply, “Yours….”

He then licked her neck as she arched it towards him and he bit into it letting out a roar as he swallowed the first taste of her blood, “Mine Buffy.”

She responded back with a soft, “Yours” as she felt him take some blood to start healing.

Together they sat in the middle of the cemetery holding each other tight until the sun was about to rise then together hand in hand they returned back to the house.

Buffy stepped into the living room dragging Spike with her as she looked at the scene before her. Sometime along the way Oz had appeared and was now curled up with Willow on the couch with Xander sleeping on the floor alone and Giles was sleeping in the chair. All had blankets draped over them suggesting Joyce had noticed them sleeping and had taken care of their comfort. She was nowhere to be found though.

Buffy carefully climbed the stairs to her room with Spike in tow. She peeked into her mom’s room to see her mom dozing. As Buffy tried to close the door, Joyce called out, “Is everything ok Buffy and William?”

Buffy smiled as she reopened the door and both stepped inside. Buffy answered not releasing Spike’s hand, “Angelus is now Angel. Willow’s spell worked and he took Spike’s ex Drusilla, and they are leaving for L.A. They won’t hurt us or anyone else anymore.”

Joyce smiled and let out a sigh in relief as she ran a hand through her hair and then asked, “How are you two? Everything ok with you?”

Buffy smiled glancing at Spike who smiled back, “Yea we are fine.” Spike piped up with a grin, “Looks like you don’t get rid of me Joyce.”

Joyce’s eyes got big as she whispered, “You claimed my daughter?”

Spike wasn’t sure if she was angry or not so he looked down at his feet, “Yes mum.”

Joyce stood up walking across the room then used his finger to make Spike look at her, “William you had better take good care of my daughter and if you get her pregnant, you promise to marry her. Can vampires get married?”

Buffy started to protest, "Mom vampires can't make babies remember and they can't..."

Spike chuckled putting a finger in front of Buffy's lips, “I guess if we make papers we could get married.”

Joyce smiled gently patting his cheek, “Welcome to the family William. The two of you better get to bed, it’s late. Everyone else is sleeping.”

Both Buffy and Spike nodded exiting the room as Joyce closed it behind them. Joyce smiled glad to have someone taking such good care of her daughter.

Buffy stared at the mirror in front of her in her bedroom staring at her neck. She arched her neck sideways feeling Spike leaned down to kiss the spot on her neck frowning slightly at the fact she couldn’t see his reflection. She decided not to let that bother her as she leaned back against him letting his arms wrap around her waist, “Only your marks. Earlier there were no marks.”

Spike smiled, “This one will last unless you decide to have Angel redo it.”

Buffy gasped, “He can’t can he? I mean he can’t just go back to being Angelus one day and come back and reclaim me by staking you can he?”

Spike shook his head, “No actually he can’t unless I agree to the challenge. Angelus was cocky enough and didn’t know about the claim to not agree. I knew he would agree assuming like any other time, I would lose. Usually I didn’t have the heart or guts to fight back. This time was different luv, I had you counting on me.”

Buffy smiled turning around in his arms and placing a kiss on his lips, “So I’m yours? Forever and always and no one can take that away?”

Spike nodded giving her another kiss. Buffy returned the kiss until she needed air. She took in a deep breath, “And you’re mine forever and always and no one can take you away?”

Spike nodded again kissing her. Buffy melted into the kiss feeling her legs almost give up. She felt herself being lifted into the air and giggled as she kicked her legs gently, “I can walk.”

Spike grinned as he moved her so that she could wrap her legs around his waist and kiss him. He grinned breaking the kiss dropping her gently on the bed. She bounced as she held out her arms for him. He removed his clothing as he crawled up between her legs growling as he pulled her skirt down and leaned down to lick across her panties. She moaned as the sensations overpowered her like nothing she had ever felt before. She moaned, “Whoa.”

He grinned whispering, “You feel that too?”

She nodded as he whispered, “Sit up” as he carefully removed her shirt kissing each of the exposed skin as it appeared in his sight. She couldn’t believe the sensations, as she was barely able to focus on anything. She felt love, admiration and so turned on.

Spike didn’t stop even for the sensations as he removed her bra with a flick of the wrist and a gentle pull and dived into her breasts with his mouth and his hands. She felt like she was on fire and she didn’t understand why this was so powerful. Finally he moved his mouth to her junction and took a whiff and she realized she felt a sensation she had never felt before, the scent of herself was turning her on. She shook her head as she pulled his face up to hers whispering, “What am I feeling?”

Spike looked at her and whispered, “Me. You’re feeling what I’m feeling. Isn’t it amazing? It will get powerful the longer the claim is in effect. Some people even get to the point of where they can hear each other’s thoughts. Claims join two people together Buffy; we are joined together for life. Two bodies one mind and soul. Just enjoy.”

She nodded as she whispered, “I need you.”

Spike grinned, “I know exactly what you need luv. Exactly.”

He lowered himself to her junction where he ripped off her panties despite her protest and licked her clit. She arched her hips clinging to the sheets before her as he whispered, “I can feel everything you feel. Every action I make…”

He inched two fingers into her entranceway finding her spot as she moaned out his name, “I can feel your reaction be it good or bad.”

She groaned, “God.”

He laughed, “No pet, I don’t think God wants to be involved with our love making.”

She didn’t laugh and instead moaned again as he felt his erection rub against her leg and he was in such need. He would have to tease her later because he wasn’t ready to admit it but these extra sensations and emotions were getting to him too. He gave her a kiss as he plunged himself into her driving her into a powerful orgasm. She screamed out his name thankful Spike had seen to cover her mouth with his hand as to not to alert the house of her pleasure. She leaned against his shoulder licking the claim mark, which caused him to shudder and close his eyes tightly hoping to hold off his orgasm for a while.

He closed his eyes for a moment not moving while she rode out her orgasm. He opened his eyes finding himself more in control as he began to kiss her lips while pounding into her causing her to moan out of control. He held his hand in front of her careful to allow her room to still breathe out of her nose while continued to move. He whispered against her lips, “We made a promise luv, not to do it in the house so either we will have to go outside or you need to be quiet.”

She nodded biting her lower lip as he moved his hand away from her face to move it down to her breasts tweaking the nipples as he caused her to moan out again only much quieter. She whispered against his ear blowing hot air against his earlobe, “You feel so good. I had no idea it could feel this way.”

Spike grinned as he picked up the pace, “Just wait until the grand bloody finale pet.”

She wrapped her legs tightly around his waist and ran her fingers down his back drawing blood with her nails as she fought to hold on to what little control she had left. Spike grinned as he moved one hand down to her clit knowing the time for both of them was close. He felt her shudder as she moaned out his name clinging on to his arms in a desperate attempt of holding on. She whispered, “Re-claim me? Bite me?”

Spike nodded as he gave her a kiss rubbing her clit as he felt her slayer inner muscles squeeze him tight causing both of them to gasp in pleasure. He lowered his head licking her neck and then sucked on it gently drawing the blood to the surface then vamped sliding his fangs easily into her claim mark just as she bit down on his neck finding both of their releases. She moaned out the words, “You are mine Spike” at the same time he whispered, “You are mine, Buffy.”

She whispered, “Yours” and he smiled giving her a gentle kiss, “Yours.”

He pulled her against him as he rolled to his side. She rested her head against his cool chest whispering, “Will it always be like this?”

Spike smiled placing a kiss on her forehead, “Yes kitten, always.”

She wrapped her arm tightly around his waist saying, “I’m glad I’m yours. Way better than being an evil soulless vampire named Angelus.”

Spike chuckled slightly, “Even if I’m evil soulless Spike?”

She nodded, “You love me and I love you. It makes all the difference in the world.”


The End






Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you thought! I look forward to hearing from you.