Author's Chapter Notes:
Refers to nothing at all. All my writing.

Chapter 7: Understanding the symptoms Can Lead To the Solution



Buffy sat on Spike’s lap shaking like a leaf as her sobs finally ended. She leaned her head against Spike’s shoulder but felt no surprise as she felt no arms surround her. He was an evil vampire after all and couldn’t be comforting the slayer. Besides his mind was too busy thinking of what she had told him. Based on how hard she was crying, she was probably telling the truth so that left only one thing in his mind, “Slayer, question.”

Buffy sat up looking at him as she got up off his lap to sit on a nearby gravestone. Spike rolled up to be at her level beside her as he asked, “What do you feel like when you wake up in the morning?”

Buffy glanced at him annoyed, “You mean sick to my stomach? Dizzy from blood loss and the knowledge that I had an evil vampire in my room touching me while I didn’t know it? How about disgusted and dirty? Is that what you are wondering?”

Spike frowned focusing on a few words she had used, “Dizziness? Vomiting? Exhausted? Dry mouth?”

Buffy nodded to every one of those and he replied coldly, “Chloroform.”

Buffy glanced back in his direction repeating what he said, “Chloroform?”

Spike nodded, “He’s making you sleep through his violations with chloroform. It’s not your fault but that stuff can last hours and it can have some serious side effects with long-term use. So did you try my advice last night?”

Buffy nodded and Spike asked further, “On every window?”

Buffy shook her head, “Just on mine. My mom was home last night but I’ll do it tonight on every window and door as she’s not home.”

Spike roared, “You are staying at home with an open house with no mom to even save your bloody ass? What the Hell is wrong with you Slayer? Do you have a death wish? If so I’ll gladly obliged taking Angelus out of the picture completely other than to find your drained body somewhere.”

Buffy shook her head again as her body started to shake and Spike ran a hand through his hair, “Do you know where your witch lady kept the book with the spell in it?”

Buffy nodded, “It’s in the library probably still with the bookmark in it because we were the last ones left in the school tonight before we went out werewolf hunting, why?”

Spike started rolling down the road saying, “Looks like we get to do a little B&E tonight before your beddy bye time. Come on pet, you have to show me where.”


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@


20 minutes later: 11:30 pm. Tuesday

Buffy was trying to break into the school using a credit card and a screwdriver but failing. Spike growled pushing her out of the way and snatched up her equipment, “Since when do good and pure Slayers know anything about breaking and entering anyway? Aren’t you on the good side of the force?”

Buffy put her hands on her hips, “We have to do what we have to do.”

Spike shrugged wishing he could just kick the door open and Buffy grinned seeing him struggle, “I thought vampires were all over this. Isn’t this what you guys do for fun? Break into a building and steal things for yourself?”

Spike shook his head explaining as he continued to jiggle the lock, “Nah I usually literally break in, fangs all a glow and kill everyone in sight before taking what I bloody need.”

Buffy frowned as he reminded her of what he did for a living; he killed. He was an evil blood-sucking fiend just like Angelus. Spike noticed her frown and frowned as well, “Don’t be thinking I’m like your honey bear. I’m nothing like him. He rapes, tortures then kills. I feed often leaving my victims alive unless I make the conscious decision they aren’t worth bloody living.”

He jiggled the handle one more time as the door finally flung open. Spike listened for silent alarms and heard none as he started to wheel himself down the hallway. Buffy took a hold of his chair pushing him, as she demanded, “What gives you the right to decide if someone is worthy of life?”

Spike chuckled allowing her to steer thinking she knew where she was going after all, “I’m a vampire. I’m supposed to take all lives Slayer. Why does it matter if I have the right or not?”

Buffy grew quiet as she focused on trying to see on the barely lighted hallway. She accidentally ran him into the wall and he shouted, “Bloody Hell bint. Watch where you are going will you?”

Buffy frowned admitting, “I can’t see where I’m going too well.”

Spike frowned as he took over wheeling the chair, “Forgot your precious Gods who gave you the power, didn’t realize giving you night time vision would make sense to kill vampires.”

Buffy said nothing as she kept her hands on the back of his chair allowing him to guide her. The only sounds between them were the sound of the squeaking of the wheels until she finally broke the silence, “Next doorway with the two double doors, that’s the library.”

Spike nodded knowing Buffy probably wouldn’t see it and pushed open the doors with his chair and asked, “Ok luv, where is this fancy little spell book?”

Buffy smiled and picked it up off the counter placing it on Spike’s lap. He started flipping through the book, “Ok we need another B&E action before we go back to your place. I need some ingredients.”


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@


30 minutes later: 12 am. Wednesday

Buffy bit her lower lip staring at the doorway of her house as Spike sat there with the book in his hand and the supplies. Spike shrugged, “Choice is yours pet. You can either invite me so I can dis-invite the poof or you can take the ingredients and hold them for your little teacher lady tomorrow to do it assuming you find your were-beast at a decent hour.”

Buffy stepped over the barrier stating, “Spike, please come in.”

Spike wheeled himself over the barrier, “I can probably dis-invite myself too if you want but I’m not 100% sure I can do that from within the house. Perhaps you should just tell your teacher to do mine when she does the others.”

Buffy shrugged thinking she would rather have an evil Spike in her house than an evil Angelus in her house anytime but decided to say nothing. She watched as Spike thrusted the items carefully wrapped in his duster towards her giving her the orders, “Hang these near the doorways and you get to wave some of this incense around while I say some Latin words. I won’t bother with the translations as it probably works better in Latin anyway.”

Buffy eyed him in disbelief, “You speak Latin?”

Spike nodded, “I speak a lot of languages. Probably more than you even knew existed.”

Buffy said nothing more but obeyed hanging crosses and other various items around the doorways. When she finished she turned to him and saw he had lit some incense and handed it to her. He said, “We will start in the kitchen.”

Buffy listened as in his British accent he carefully read the Latin inscriptions never faltering. It appeared so easy when he read it she almost wondered if he didn’t speak it fluently. After quite a while of chanting, he moved to the second door and read the inscription again while Buffy waved around her little incense wand. After another 20 minutes of chanting, he moved to the front door and repeated the process. He glanced around asking, “Any more doors luv?” She shook her head and he said, “Well pet, I don’t think it will work with me here so you’re stuck with me with an invite until your teacher fixes the issue.”

Buffy nodded saying nothing as she went in and removed the items from the doorways placing them in a box in the corner of the living room. She then sat on the couch as Spike rolled up in front of her, “Well since you’re safe from your honey bear tonight, what about my payment? I need more blood if you wish for me to do more than wave my big toe at him.”

She agreed as she slid off the couch sitting on his lap. She said nothing as she yanked the couch blanket over her as she leaned her head back against his shoulder exposing her neck to him. She found herself feeling cold so she inched the blanket up further around her as he reached down using that opportunity to slip his cold hands under her shirt. He got no protesting so he reached up touching her breast hearing her groan in pleasure as his cold hands made contact with her hot breast.

Spike himself groaned as he felt the heat pour through him and he knew feeling her heat would make things that much sweeter. Buffy didn’t even complain when Spike slipped his other hand inside of her shirt to openly caress and tease both her breasts through her shirt. She in fact arched her hips and he smirked realizing at this point, he could probably get away with doing anything to this girl, she was totally putty in his hands. Instead of pushing the issue, he controlled himself as he licked down her neck sucking softly on the spot he was about to bite. He also knew his organs were not functioning properly so even if he wanted to do something to her, he couldn’t.

He growled slightly at that thought and vamped out easing his fangs into her throat a bit higher than the mark he had left on her last night, which was healing nicely. He took a few pulls of blood as his hands lifted her shirt up and over her breasts as the blanket fell around her waist exposing her breasts to the cool air. Buffy hissed at the difference of the cold hands massaging her hot breasts and the even colder air turning her nipples into even tighter pebbles making them ache.

She felt Spike squeeze them slightly as she arched her hips as he took a few more pulls of blood. She wiggled on his lap feeling his erection under her butt and she longed to feel it inside of her.

Spike also realized his organs were finally functioning properly and growled at the feeling of Buffy rubbing against his erection which was now standing at attention. He tightened his grip around her chest but was careful not to squeeze her breast any harder knowing she already had bruises on them.

He took a few more pulls of blood closing his eyes as he felt it coursing through his body making him feel strong. Spike took another pull and figured that was enough so sealed the wound and was barely finished when Buffy turned around in his lap giving him a full blown kiss on the lips. He quickly unvamped but not before she nicked herself on his fangs. Spike closed his eyes controlling the urge to suck her bottom lip and instead enjoyed the taste of her mouth.

Tentatively Buffy kissed Spike not knowing the power she held against him. She arched her hips against his erection allowing both of them to feel every movement and he lifted her up higher so she could wrap her legs around the waist he could barely feel. She whispered against his ear, “Want you….”

Spike kissed her again feeling more turned on than he had since he can remember and whispered back, “Me too luv, me too.”

Buffy whispered in his ear, “Buffy. It’s Buffy.”

Spike whispered in his British accent, “Buffy.”