Author's Chapter Notes:
After a LONG hiatus I have started writing again. (Yay!) My previous pen name was Azrielle6969 (or Azrielle) Pari (THE MOST AWESOMEST!!!!) Changed my account name for me, so that I could access my previous fics and re-write them as I have changed drastically as a writer since the last time I posted anything.

This story is un-beta’d so if you see any errors please inform me

Dialogue borrowed from “Buffyverse DB” http://vrya.net/bdb/index.php

This will be NC-17, possible bloodplay (*evil grin*) as Spike IS still a vampire

Slight B/A and S/Dru warning, nothing graphic though I promise. Oh, and I LOVE to mess with timelines
“We need to get this out of town.” Giles murmured indicating the case holding the Judge’s arm.

Jenny’s eyes lit up Perfect! I can get him away from Sunnydale for a while and satisfy my clan! “Angel.”

Buffy turned incredulous eyes to her computer teacher “What?” she practically growled.

Jenny turned to Angel “You have to do it. You're the only one that can protect this thing.” And its gonna keep you far enough away that you wont be getting a happy any time soon.

Buffy rolled her eyes “What about me?” Doesn’t she understand what it means to be the slayer?

Jenny glanced at Buffy “What, you're just gonna skip town for a few months?” she asked flippantly.

Buffy closed her eyes to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. “'Months'?” She whispered almost to herself. I cant be away from Angel for months! We were getting so much closer! He was becoming less cryptic guy and more smoochies possibly more guy! Its not fair!

Angel sighed, taking Buffy’s hand in his and gazing deep into her tear filled eyes. “She's right. I gotta get this to the remotest region possible.”

“But that's not months.” Buffy hated the whine in her voice.

“I gotta catch a cargo ship to Asia, maybe trek to Nepal...” Angel gazed sorrowfully at the silently weeping slayer.

“You know, those newfangled flying machines really are much safer than they used to be.” Buffy murmured sadly.

Angel sighed, pulling Buffy closer. “I can't fly. There's no sure way to guard against the daylight. I-I-I don't like this any more than you do, Buffy. But there's no other choice.”

“When?” She asked, trying to keep the gut wrenching sadness out of her voice.

“Tonight. As soon as possible.”

“But it's my birthday.” Hot salty tears were flowing unchecked down her face.

Jenny approached the saddened pair. “I'll drive you to the docks.”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&


They walked in silence, holding hands, Buffy leaning heavily against Angel. “I should go the rest of the way alone.”

Buffy nodded sadly, tearing up silently. “Okay.” She nodded drawing closer to Angel.

“But I'll be back. I will.” He growled softly, making Buffy weak in the knees.

“When? Six months, a year? You don't know how long it's gonna take or if we'll even...” Her heart was aching already and he hadn’t set foot on the cargo ship yet.

“Hey... If we'll even what?” Angel placed a gentle hand under her chin, tilting her head up so he could look into her watery eyes.

“Well, if you haven't noticed, someone pretty much always wants us dead.” Her lip was quivering. Its not fair! I love him so much.

“Don't say that. We'll be fine.” Angel pulled her closer.

“We don't know that.” She mumbled sullenly.

“We can't know, Buffy. Nobody can. That's just the deal.” He sighed pulling back slightly searching her eyes again. “I have something for you. For your birthday. I... I was gonna give it to you earlier, but...” I was gonna wait till we were alone

“It's beautiful.” Her entire tear stained face lit up, a huge smile gracing her lips. A RING! Oh. My. God. He. Got. Me. A. RING!

“My people…before I was changed…they exchanged this as a sign of devotion. It's a claddagh ring. The hands represent friendship, the crown represents loyalty... and the heart... Well, you know... Wear it with the heart pointing towards you. It means you belong to somebody...Like this...” He turned his hand towards her, she glanced at the ring, heart facing in and smiled, raising her eyes to his. “Put it on.” He slipped it on to her finger.

“I don't wanna do this.” She sobbed, pulling him against her again.

“Me either.” Angel sighed, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

“So don't go.” Leaning towards each other they shared a final kiss.

Angel pulled back sighing. “I have no choice Buffy. You know that…but I will be back. I love you!” Angel whispered softly before turning towards the waiting ship.

“I love you too” She called to him as he started towards the ship. She saw him pause slightly then continue on. She watched him board the ship then turned away, walking slowly back to the waiting car.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Are you ok?” Jenny placed her hand on the trembling girl’s knee.

“It…it hurts so much…” Buffy sobbed. “I need him here…I want him with me.”

“I know, shhh now, he’ll be back…” Jenny murmured. She pulled Buffy into a hug and let the Slayer sob until her tears started to subside.

Jenny drove Buffy home and watched her slowly climb the stairs to her front door, sighing softly to herself she pulled out of the driveway after watching her get safely inside.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Are you sure you are up to it Buffy?” Giles asked softly. I would never forgive myself if anything were to happen to you

“I’m sure Giles. Really. I can’t just sit around moping because he had to get the Judge’s arm as far away from here as possible. He will be back. In the mean time, there are demons to slay.” Buffy smiled softly to herself glancing down at the ring Angel had placed on her finger the night before. He loves me and he will come back for me.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“My pretty party was ruined” The dark vampires wailed “Missing presents! No cake for me. Miss Edith needs her tea.”

“C'mere, poodle.” Spike growled softly opening his arms to her.

Drusilla climbed into his lap “Do you love my insides? The parts you can't see?”

“Eyeballs to entrails, my sweet. That's why I've got to study this Slayer. Once I know her I can kill her. And once I kill her you can have your run of Sunnyhell.” Spike grinned pulling Dru in for a lingering kiss.

“I’ve got it boss!” Cried Dalton interrupting the pair.

“What’s that now?” Spike growled. I have surrounded myself with idiots!

“The latest tape…of the Slayer” Dalton proudly held out the VHS tape.

“Well, well, let’s have a look see then shall we?” Spike grinned with a wicked gleam in his eye. He rolled into the other room, Dru still perched on his lap and waited for Dalton to put the tape in. He watched in silence for a few minutes. She is glorious when she is fighting.

Suddenly she staked the vamp she was fighting with a wooden sign post, Spike sat up straighter. “She's tricky. Baby likes to play. You see that? The way she stakes him with that thing? That's what's called resourceful. Rewind it” He couldn’t keep the grin off his face. He was so absorbed with watching her fight that he didn’t even notice when Drusilla got up from his lap and left the room.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“I can’t believe he’s been gone for three months.” She sighed.

Willow glanced at her. “Yeah…I know…you seem to be holding up ok though…”

Buffy shrugged. “I really don’t have a choice…its getting harder and harder to believe he’s gonna come back you know?”

Willow nodded. “But he did give you the ring right? I mean why would he do that if he was gonna…you know not come back?”

“I don’t know…” Buffy sighed. “There’s nothing out tonight Will, I’ll walk you home…”

They walked in companionable silence the rest of the way, Buffy said goodnight to Willow and started on her way home when she got the familiar tingle that said Vampire She grinned in anticipation.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Why can't you kill her?” Dru growled menacingly, fangs barred

”You're the one who keeps bringing her up! I haven't said a word about the bloody Slayer!” Spike was exasperated. I have been watching her for he last three months so I could do just that! Watch the bitch Die at my fangs

“But you're lying! I can still see her floating all around you, laughing. Why? Why won't you push her away?” Tears filled her eyes spilling silently down her cheeks.

“But I did, pet. I did it for you. You keep punishing me. Carrying on with creatures like this.” Spike took a step closer to her, reaching out to pull her into his arms.

“Okay, you guys obviously have a thing going on here.” The Chaos Demon murmured backing away.

“I have to find my pleasures, Spike. You taste like ashes.” Drusilla closed her eyes swaying softly.

“So this is my fault now?” He challenged incredulously gesturing to the demon trying to slink away.

“I didn't know she was seeing somebody.” The Chaos Demon whispered backing away. Spike glared at him. “I should take off.”

“Yeah, why don't you do that?” Spike scoffed taking a threatening step towards the demon

“You can't blame the ghoul, Spike. You're all covered with her. I look at you... all I see is the Slayer.” Dru accused, turning slowly away.

“No Dru. Wait luv, please” Spike could feel the tears welling up in his own eyes. It cant be over. “I’ll kill her. I will. Tonight.”

Dru stopped, her lips curving into a seductive smile.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&


Chapter End Notes:
TBC