Author's Chapter Notes:
This has nothing to do with the movie; I just thought the title was appropriate. I know the idea has probably been done to death, but hopefully I made it a bit different from everything else out there. While I do have a Buffy/Other warning, it’s hardly anything to worry about. I know some people don’t like to read that, and believe me, it’s nothing graphic. I hope you guys would be interested in this enough to let me know how I’m doing; I could really use any and all feedback right about now. Thanks to easy_to_corrupt for my gorgeous banner=)
Chapter 1

“You can’t hide out here forever.”

Spike glared at his friend. “Watch me; he can’t force me to meet this bird if he can’t find me. Whose side are you on, anyway, Xander?”

The dark haired man shook his head. “You know I don’t choose sides. That way leads to trouble, but you’ve known Angel for a while. He’s getting married, Spike. That may not be a big deal to you, but it is to him. He’s been talking about this girl nonstop for months. She obviously means a lot to him, enough to propose; don’t you think that as his friend you should be supporting him right now?”

Spike crossed his arms over his chest. “Something just doesn’t feel right. He’s known the bint for three months, and he’s already popped the question. Why does he want me to meet her now? He never cared before, and frankly, I was grateful for that. Some girl gets her claws into my best mate, and now they’re getting married after only a couple months? She’s after his money, I just know it.”

Xander rolled his eyes. “You’re just looking for an excuse to not like her; you can’t know that for sure.”

“He’s a bloody lawyer, Harris, along with his father. The bloke has practically been loaded since birth. His last two girlfriends were only after him for that reason, and if it wasn’t the money, they were too busy hitting on me. What makes this one any different? If he’s not willing to see the truth, I’ll just have to prove it to him. There is no reason for him to be getting married so fucking soon.”

“Oh, please, you’re just against marriage, that’s why this is bothering you so much. You’ve had how many one night stands in the last month? I bet you don’t even remember any of their names. Angel’s not like you, man, you need to let this go and accept the fact that he’s finally happy. He never proposed to any of those other girls. This one must be pretty special,” Xander explained to his very stubborn friend.

Spike wasn’t about to admit defeat. “She has an ulterior motive, just like they all do, and I’m going to find out what it is.”


* * * * *


“It’s about damn time, what took you so long?”

Spike shrugged. “I was at Xander’s; you know what a talker he is.”

Angel nodded, ushering Spike into his house. “Come on, Liz is waiting in the living room. Don’t do anything to screw this up, all right? This girl means a lot to me.”

He crossed his heart. “I’ll be a perfect gentleman.”

Angel rolled his eyes, not believing his friend for a second, but didn’t have time to deal with it. He smiled at his future wife, taking her hand in his. “Spike, this is my Elizabeth.”

When he got his first look at her, Spike’s jaw nearly dropped. It seemed she had the same reaction.

“Will? Is that you?” she wondered, shock written on her features.

“Buffy?” he responded, just as stunned.

Angel was confused as he glanced between them. “You two know each other?”

Spike broke out of his daze, addressing his friend. “Um, yeah, you could say that. We went to high school together.”

“Wait, this is the William you told me about? Your ex-boyfriend?”

She nodded, not sure what else to say.

“Could you give us a moment?” Angel asked him, pulling her away without waiting for a response. He released her when they were out of earshot. “Well, that didn’t go exactly how I hoped it would.”

Buffy came back to reality at the sound of his concerned voice. “You’re not kidding; he’s the last person I expected to see. How long have you been friends?”

“For two years now, I’ve been putting off introducing you until I knew for sure that we were serious. The women I like tend to have a habit of forgetting I exist once they meet him, and I guess some things never change,” he finished, noticing her distracted expression.

Buffy shook her head, moving over to him. “Sorry, I was just surprised, but I’m definitely here with you. Seeing Will again was a shock, or Spike now, whatever he’s calling himself these days, but that’s all it was.”

“Are you sure there aren’t any lingering feelings? You didn’t tell me much about your relationship, but I could tell that he meant a lot to you.”

“That was a lifetime ago, Angel. I’m not the same person I was back then, and neither is he. We loved each other once, I won’t lie to you. He was my world, but I was never his. I’ve spent a long time trying to put the past behind me, just because it’s suddenly come back to bite me in the ass doesn’t change anything. I’m your girl, and I’m going to stay that way. I no longer have any feelings for William. Trust me, that ship has completely sailed.”

Angel hugged her to his side, kissing the top of her head. He wanted to believe her, but couldn’t help the feeling of dread that went through him.


* * * * *


Elizabeth Summers, or Buffy as he always preferred to call her. This had to be a fucking nightmare. His former girlfriend was now engaged to his best friend, someone up there must be getting a good laugh right about now. She still looked just as beautiful as ever, even more so than he remembered. It was still obvious how pissed she was at him, he saw it in her eyes once the shock wore off a bit. William was a social outcast, he never fit in anywhere. If the jocks weren’t making his life a living hell, it was the cheerleaders, all except for Buffy. She was one of the most popular girls in school, but she never treated him like a disease. She went out of her way to befriend him. They met when they were sophomores, dated all through their junior and senior years. Buffy never once cared what her friends thought; she walked the halls proudly by his side. There hasn’t been a day that he didn’t think about her, even after all this time. She was his first love, his first real everything, and he ruined it all. She had every right to hate him, but one way or another; he would find a way to make it up to her. She was with his friend now, and as much as it pained him to admit, they did look happy together. Buffy was definitely not like those other girls, he knew that more than anything. If she was with Angel, then it was because she loved him and nothing else. He would at least find a way to be her friend again, for Angel’s sake, if not for his.


Chapter End Notes:
Please review? I feel like I've been wasting my time lately, and this is possibly my last Spuffy fiction.