Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok kiddies, here’s a juicy one. But before we dive in head first into this story, I have a few things to say. First, the Buffy portrayed here is a “WANT, TAKE, HAVE” type of girl, before she…ah ah, you’ve gotta read. Secondly, remember the time period. The 70’s were a decade of excess, in EVERY facets of life. Thirdly, I was only a wee sprog during this time, so I’ve tried to be as accurate as possible. Lastly, if this still sounds like a story for you, pull up a beanbag chair, don’t worry I won’t bogart the hookah and chill. Peace out Home free.
Buffy's lids fluttered closed as she turned her face slightly away. Slowly raising her arm, she blindly hunted for the bowl. Once her fingertips grazed the smooth glass they moved upward until she located the edge. Still searching, she reached down until they came in contact with what she sought—keys.

Her fingers brushed across the cold metal as they delved downward. Numerous teeth grazed her knuckles, while she began to stir with her hand. Before she closed her eyes she decided which pair she desired, or more specifically whom she desired.

After several moments, she felt a pang of disappointment. She couldn’t locate his. Then as if her fingers possessed eyes of their own, she located them. A triumphant smile graced her glossy lips as she clutched her prize in her palm.

Extracting them from the bowl caused her heart to pound with exhilaration. Turning her face toward her now open palm, she suppressed her smile, while her eyes sought the owner.

Once her gaze met his, it was if he ensnared her and swallowed her whole. His unspoken promises of pleasure were all that existed. Even as his face remained impassive, his eyes spoke volumes. Intense pools of emotion caused her entire being to hum with anticipation.

His eyes roamed over her body with ghostlike caresses causing her flesh to ripple under each visual stroke. A feral grin danced across his full lips after his gaze settled upon her face. With stalking cat-like grace, he approached her. The simple gesture of extending his hand, made her mind break from the trance she was in thrusting her into reality.

“I see you’ve chosen. The question remains, are you ready for me?”

His deep baritone voice as smooth as liquid fire coated her mind and flesh with a scorching numbing lust. Buffy’s eyes trained on his long fingers; slowly she licked her suddenly dry lips.

”Oh god, what those fingers are going to do to me.” Buffy thought, her head filled with endless possibilities. This was the last thought she possessed, until his strong hand wrapped around hers. Her body felt like it was no longer her own, following him toward the bedrooms.


Four hours before


"The problem is all inside your head", she said to me
The answer is easy if you take it logically
I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free
There must be fifty ways to leave your lover"


“Sing it Paul. You seem to know the right things to say.” Buffy’s murmured voice, puffed heated breath upon the cold pane of glass her forehead rested upon.

“Are you listening to me Buffy?” Riley’s annoyed tone; replaced Paul Simon’s soft, soothing lilt. With a flick of his wrist, Riley quickly brought silence into the Chargers’ interior.

“Yeah Riley, I’m listening.”

Buffy’s aloofness caused Riley to become further dismayed. He took a deep breath before he continued, “Buffy, I’m trying to be understanding, but you are making it difficult.”

Buffy’s temper instantly flared, from the combination of his words and self-righteous tone. She turned to face him, eyes filled with annoyance.

“Riley, you always say that you understand, but you don’t. You never will. We are totally on two separate plains of existence. You see everyday as a time to prepare for the future. I see them as another moment in time that I need to live to its fullest, before I’m forced to grow-up!”

“That’s very immature view of life, Buffy.” Riley's tone increased with disappointment.

“I’m 17 for Pete’s sake, and so are you! We’re supposed to be immature!” Buffy’s voice raised several octaves with her last words ending in an ear-splitting screech.

Riley calmly pulled his car over to the shoulder. Placing it in park, following a deep breath, he turned toward his girlfriend.

“Buffy, do you hear yourself? You’re throwing a fit, like a child. Next, you’ll be calling me a poop-head or some nonsense. I don’t understand. All of this is over a party?”

“No Riley this is not about a party. This is about you trying to tell me where to go and how to behave. Riley, women’s lib may not be a concept that you accept, but I do fully…bra-less!”

Buffy snapped, raising the front of her halter-top, flashing her bare breasts. Momentarily dumbfounded, Riley stared until his mind cleared. He proceeded to reach over, grab the edge of her shirt and yank it down.

“What the hell are you doing, Buffy?” Riley’s head turned twice with breakneck speed, trying to look around him before he continued. “Anyone could have seen you!”

“I don’t care who could have seen. Especially, the one that did,” Buffy honestly stated. Riley’s eyes filling with confusion met hers, which were filled with utmost certainty.

“Buffy, what are you—“

“You know what I’m saying Riley. We’re over. To be honest, I don’t think we have really ever begun."

“How can you say that? We’ve shared something special. We had sex.” Riley’s words held its typical bravado, until he reached the last, which he whispered. Buffy rolled her eyes from his actions.

“You can’t even say sex Riley! I want someone that isn’t embarrassed about their bodies or ashamed what they do with them. I’m sorry Riley, it’s been—well, it’s been.” Finishing her statement, Buffy collected her purse and jacket and exited the car. Riley remained frozen, still staring at the seat Buffy once occupied.

Buffy continued down the road without looking back. She headed towards the corner store, which was about a mile away. Almost an hour later, she arrived. She wasn't to happy with herself having let her pride, and the need for a dramatic exit force her to walk a mile in her white leather platform boots.

Reaching her destination Buffy climbed into the phone booth and shut the door. She slid her right boot off, sighing from the momentary relief. Her foot hovered off the dirty floor, her hand fishing inside the boot. After several moments, she pulled her prize out—a dime. Triumphantly, she placed the coin on the metal shelf, pulling her boot back on.

“See, always listen to your mom. Never leave home without a dime in your shoe, in case of an emergency phone call and wear clean underwear. Well, since I have none on, one out of two ain’t bad.”

Buffy chuckled slightly from her own joke. Once her shoe was in place, she inserted the dime. Her fingers flew over the keypad, pressing in a number she knew by heart. After the second ring, a brash, yet feminine voice filled the line.

“Talk to me.”

“Hey Faith, it’s me.”

“B! Hey, I was wondering where you were. You’re late, so not like you. Don’t tell me, solider boy was having you polish his gun.”

With an exaggerated roll of her eyes, Buffy spoke, “No, no polishing. No solider boy, ditched him on the side of the road…for good.”

“Finally! I don’t know what you saw in that guy. Well, unless he had a big gun, then personality doesn’t seem to matter.”

Buffy chuckled slightly, before she responded, “He was well equipped, just quick on the draw.”

Faith’s laughter filled the receiver. “That can be so much worse. So, whatcha need B, a ride?”

“Yeah, in more ways than one, but someone picking me up from the corner store at Elm and Maple would be cool, for now.”

“Alright B, your chariot will be there in ten, just hold tight.”

“Who’s coming?”

“You remember Xander?”

“Yeah, wasn’t he the flavor of the month in April?”

“It was May and yeah. He’s here. Look for his piss-yellow Pinto. Believe me you’ll hear it a mile before he gets there.”

“Cool, I’ll see you soon, thanks Faith.”

“No problem, B. And don’t worry about the solider boy he’ll be a distant memory after tonight, bye!”

“Bye.” Buffy hung the receiver on the cradle and sighed deeply. Ten minutes to head to the bathroom to look presentable for tonight. Now boyfriend free she needed to look her best.



Chapter End Notes:
BIG thanks to Sanityfair...my heart! And Dawnofme for the AMAZING banner! Let me know whatcha think.

Song: 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover by Paul Simmon. Here's one version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXX6NFpcT8 (ok I couldn't help to do the muppet version!) If you want Paul Simmon look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXX6NFpcT8