Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, I hope you enjoy where I'm taking this. Big Thanks for Sanityfair for being my beta and Dawnofme for the awesome banner!
For the next two hours, Buffy mingled, never committing to one place or one conversation or group of people. Keeping the night interesting. Each of the numerous times she passed Faith, she noticed Angel wrapped around her in one way or another. Spike on the other hand, remained a mystery. He was, for all intents and purposes, gone. However, throughout the evening, she felt his intense gaze upon her— examining, memorizing. Randomly in her peripheral vision, she would witness a blur of black and a stark contrast of blinding white appearing, when she would turn…nothing.

Now she sat in a small circle among ten others. Once more, she felt her body reacting to his believed presence; her skin prickled, heartbeat increased, and her breath hitched. She turned to her left…zilch.

Buffy was gazing to the left when roused from her thoughts by the man to her right, waving a roach clip with a smoldering joint pinched on the end. She eyed it warily, suspecting someone had laced it with something causing her to see things that weren’t really there. She passed it to the next person in the circle, stood and left.

Passing Faith and Angel once more, an image of Angel in a fluffy, pink tutu sprinkling the joint with sparkling dust came to mind. With mirth, Buffy murmured to herself, heading towards Faith’s backyard.

“Angel’s dust…maybe he sprinkled my stuff with some of his dust…dust from where? So don’t wanta know!”

A stifled laugh bubbled forth while she plopped down on a swing, resting her reeling head on one of the chains. Tilting her face heavenwards, she observed the star-filled sky. The sounds of the night instantly soothed her heightened senses.

Endless time seemed to pass while she continued to sway. Beginning to hum Lola under her breath, her swinging increased, by the end of the song, Buffy gained maximum height, yelling “Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola lo-lo-lo-lo Lola!” into the otherwise silent night.

Faith stood on the doorstep witnessing her friend’s antics, a humored smirk tugging on her lips. On the final Lola, Buffy dismounted mid-air from the swing. Landing nimbly on the balls of her feet, she raised her hands above her head, announcing loudly “TA-DA!”

Faith’s clapping briefly stunned Buffy. With a slight blush staining her cheeks, she faced her advancing friend.

“Nice dismount B! Been looking for you everywhere. Wanna to let you know that it’s time to play…inside.” Faith’s silky tone held a provocative, promising quality.

Buffy's eyes widened briefly from Faith’s implications. Sensing her reservations, Faith spoke reassuringly,

“Don’t worry B, you don’t have to do anything you’re not cool with. It’s totally your choice. That’s the beauty of this.”

This, is what exactly Faith?”

“All the guys put their keys into a bowl. Women draw from that bowl. The set of keys she holds in her hand is whom Lady Luck has chosen with whom she spends the night. Sex is not a given, but is usually anticipated. Like I said, you don’t have to if you don’t want to. There are plenty of beers and weed to party with.” Buffy pondered Faith’s explanation before her mind urged the one question she wanted answered.

“Are your guys still here?”

Faith scoffed loudly before responding. “They’re not mine B, just like I’m not theirs. This is all about fun. Why, are you interested?”

A coy smile spread across Buffy’s lips. Unable to hold her friend’s intense stare a moment longer, Buffy’s eyes lowered. Taking this as a “yes”, Faith whooped in excitement, causing Buffy’s line of vision to move upward to her friend.

“B, I always knew you had taste! I was worried for a bit with solider boy, but you have totally redeemed yourself! So, which one do you want?” Gaining confidence from Faith’s encouragement, Buffy voiced her thoughts.

“I don’t know. They appear to be so different, like night and day.”

“You’re defiantly right about that. Just let me give you the quick and dirty on those two. If you like it rough. Teeth gnashing, hair pulling, an impressive bone quaking fuck then you go with Angel. The boy doesn’t particularly favor foreplay, but he makes up for his lack of patience when he’s inside. Boy has stamina.” Buffy’s engrossed gaze widened as Faith continued. “Now, if you like to feel like each nerve was struck with lightening, to be teased, pleased, and driven out of your mind…then Spike’s your man. He also has major stamina. Don’t let the appearance fool you, he’s all man and knows how to please.”

Buffy gulped from Faith’s descriptions. Her body hummed with anticipation, but her mind remained uncertain on whom to choose.

“You don’t have to make the decision now, but let me give some inside info, Angel’s set has two keys held by a rabbit’s foot. Spike has one key with a heavy skull key chain.” Finishing her words, Faith turned and ascended the stairs. An eager smile graced Buffy’s lips as she followed her inside.

Walking through the kitchen, Buffy noticed that the room was now empty, except for the littering of beer cans and full ashtrays. Heading towards the living room, the remaining partygoers, eight in all—three women, five men, were lounging around the softly lit room, courtesy of lamps muted with strategically placed silk scarves. The heavy veil of incense and sex encased the room along with all those in it.

Buffy entered into the living room several paces behind Faith. Stopping several feet inside the room, she noticed Faith’s back turned from the group. She was rummaging through her mother’s hutch. Several moments passed before she stood and began to stroll slowly around the room. Faith presented the bowl to each male, encouraging him to drop his keys.

During this time, Buffy took the opportunity look closely at the men present, more specifically Spike and Angel. Her mind swirled with thoughts of the differences between them: “dark and light…hulking and lithe …manly and androgynous. One possessed a contradictory name, held by beings of light and virtue. Another possessed a name that represented him entirely—hard, abrupt and piercing.”

As if he could hear her thoughts, Spike’s intense gaze landed upon her, searing her mind and body with a mere glance. Her body ignited. Each cell hummed as if it was touched with a bolt of lightening. ” To be teased, pleased, and driven out of your mind…then Spike…”

Buffy swallowed hard past the lump that suddenly resided in her throat, Faith’s words echoing through her mind. Suddenly, the raw chords of an electric guitar sounded from the console, followed by a deep bluesy voice.

“She's just a nigh bird flyin' through the night
Fly on
She's just a night bird making a midnight, midnight flight
Sail on, sail on
Well, she's flyin' down to me
But, 'til tomorrow got to set her free
Set her free”


Primal desire swelled, crested and crashed within, urging her to be possessed by this man. Swimming in liquid pools of lust, Buffy was lost, yet found. She knew deep within she needed to relent, even for one night, give herself over to her desire for him willingly, and he would grant her untold pleasures.

“So who wants to start the festivities?” Faith’s husky tone wormed into Buffy’s mind drawing her attention away from her own thoughts. His scarred brow rose, issuing a silent challenge that Buffy boldly accepted. Their gazes remained locked, and she stepped forward.

”So all we got, baby, is one precious night
All we got is one precious night
Throw your blues and shoes and things
And lay it down under the bed
Just wrap me up in your beautiful wings,
Better hear what I say, yeah
Oh, carry me home
Please take me through your dreams
Inside your world I want to be”


"Me,” her unwavering voice filled the silence.

Buffy's lids fluttered closed as she turned her face slightly away. Slowly raising her arm, she blindly hunted for the bowl. Once her fingertips grazed the smooth glass they moved upward until she located the edge. Still searching, she reached down until they came in contact with what she sought—keys.

Her fingers brushed across the cold metal as they delved downward. Numerous teeth grazed her knuckles, while she began to stir with her hand. Before she closed her eyes she decided which pair she desired, or more specifically whom she desired.

After several moments, she felt a pang of disappointment. She couldn’t locate his. Then as if her fingers possessed eyes of their own, she located them. A triumphant smile graced her glossy lips as she clutched her prize in her palm.

Extracting them from the bowl caused her heart to pound with exhilaration. Turning her face toward her now open palm, she suppressed her smile, while her eyes sought the owner.

Once her gaze met his, it was if he ensnared her and swallowed her whole. His unspoken promises of pleasure were all that existed. Even as his face remained impassive, his eyes spoke volumes. Intense pools of emotion caused her entire being to hum with anticipation.

His eyes roamed over her body with ghostlike caresses causing her flesh to ripple under each visual stroke. A feral grin danced across his full lips after his gaze settled upon her face. With stalking cat-like grace, he approached her. The simple gesture of extending his hand, made her mind break from the trance she was in thrusting her into reality.

“I see you’ve chosen. The question remains, are you ready for me?”

His deep baritone voice as smooth as liquid fire coated her mind and flesh with a scorching numbing lust. Buffy’s eyes trained on his long fingers. She slowly licked her suddenly dry lips.

”Oh god, what those fingers are going to do to me.” Buffy thought, her head filled with possibilities. This was the last thought she possessed while his strong hand wrapped around hers. Her body felt like it was no longer her own. She followed him toward the bedrooms.

”Until tomorrow no tears will be shed
Hold on 'til the sun gets out of bed
Hold on, hold on, baby
Fly on”



Chapter End Notes:
Let me know whatcha think! It will be getting very juicy from here. Song is Night Bird Flying by Jimi Hendrix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvd54w0vGJg. And the first song that I referred to was Lola by the Kinks--great song!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRopmfinsWk Also take a peek at my one-shot Primal Instincts and the next chapter of Prize Fighters is up!