Author's Chapter Notes:
And now I present, teenager!Spike to you all! I hope you enjoy this chappie my lovely readers and reviewers! Everyone seems to really have been looking forward to this stage of the fic so I have been a little reluctant to post it in case it doesn't meet expectations, you know? But I have to keep true to the storyline I have in mind, so here I go!

Thank you again for all of you lovely and generous reviews! p. xx.
Her little boy really was gone. All grown up.

“Growing,” she whispered to herself. “So fast.”

Aided by his vampiric hearing, Spike stretched out across her bed with a smirk, arms crossed behind his head.

“Got that right, luv. ‘cept... some parts still are.” He raised an eyebrow and flashed a glance down at his groin.

Buffy followed his line of sight and looked away with a gasp, flushing a bright tomato red.

“Oh God, Spike! Did you really have to bring that—” Her eyes widened and she bit her lip as she realised her mistake in choosing that particular phrasing. His smirk only grew and he curled his tongue behind his teeth, eyes darkening with arousal. Buffy tried a serious look.
“Stop that.”

“Would if I could, sweets. It’s got a mind of its own.” He titled his head nonchalantly to gaze at the tent in her sheets. “Plus, it is the morning.”

“Can you not behave for two seconds?”

He scratched a perfectly formed pectoral and shrugged.
“No.” He sat up suddenly, letting the sheet fall even further down his torso to reveal the trickle of hair that betrayed his natural hair colour. “What am I doin’ in your bed anyway? What’d we get up to in here last night? I’m starved.”

“Urgh!” She turned away in frustration as she cried out, “You are such a child sometimes!”

“Eighteen’s hardly a child, luv. As I’m sure you’ve noticed.” He leered openly at her.

“Great,” she muttered, heading back to the stairs. “Eighteen; like you needed anymore hormones to help you along.”

“Not gonna help me take care of my predicament, luv?” He called after her.

Blonde tresses flying, she spun back to her bedroom door. It seemed the cocky vampire she’d come to know—lov—loath was back with a vengeance. And a hormonal teenager, to boot! She pressed her lips together tightly, eyes narrowed as she tried to come to terms with the sudden change. Sure, a part of her had missed his constant innuendos just a little, but this was just—“I—you...oh!”

“You’re cute when you’re flustered, Buff. Anyway, I thought you told me that you’d always take care of me.” He rubbed a hand down his chest, just coming to a rest about the waistband of his cotton pyjama pants.

“Downstairs,” she said firmly, jaw clenched and frown in place. “Five minutes!”

~

“What was going on up there, Buffy?” Willow inquired from her place at the stove. “Is it Spike? We heard you stomping around.”

Dawn looked up from her funny shaped pancakes. “Did he grow again? Is he alright?”

“He’s alright, alright! He’s a complete pervert! You have to fix him, Will! He’s—”

Not even mid-way through her rant, Spike sauntered casually through the kitchen door, bare-chested and pants slung low on his toned hips. Yawning, he ran a hand through his mussed and bleached locks, in so many ways the typical teenager.

Dawn’s eyes lit up, bright as the LA skyline, her jaw visibly dropping at the sight of him. “Oh...,” she gasped, “...wow.”

“Hey, Red. Mornin’, bit.”

On the way to the fridge, he stooped to brush a kiss on her cheek. Dawn giggled and touched her skin as she blushed a furious red.

“Hey, Spike.”

He dropped a packet of blood in the microwave and leant back against the counter, thumbs hooked into the waistband of his pants and drawing attention to places Buffy preferred her baby sister not have her attention drawn to.

“So luv, we sparrin’ today?”

Buffy’s brow furrowed in question. “Sparring? Like, fighting? We, as in you... and me?”

“Yeah, that would be it.”

Seemingly as confused as her sister, Dawn simply shrugged and tilted her head to the side to take in the glorious view of hunky teenage vampire before her.

“Um...” Buffy blinked as an image of a shirtless Spike tackled her and pinned her to the ground flashed behind her eyelids. “Okay,” she squeaked.

~

“Faster.”

Buffy threw out a lightning fast punch combination, topping it off with a graceful round-house kick and a swift block to Spike’s sternum. Still getting a grasp of his fighting skills, the young blonde ducked her kick only to lose his footing and fall back from her block.

“Bloody hell,” he grumbled, rubbing at his chest and looking up at her from the ground with a pout.

“Don’t give me that look,” Buffy said a little smugly, offering him her hand. “I told you we were going faster.”

“One more time?” He offered, pulling himself back up and brushing off his pants.

“Alright, if you’re sure.” Buffy watched him carefully for a moment, noticing just the faintest red line of scarring running diagonally across his chest. Had she done that? She didn’t remember scratching him. “Want me to go a bit softer on you?”

“No way!” He bounced on the balls of his feet, prepping himself for their next round. “Faster, just like before.”

“Okay, then.” Looking him up and down, Buffy circled him slowly trying to keep him on his guard. She felt his gaze, intense, on her with each step. She hesitated with her next step and caught the flicker in his attention. She swung out an arm which would have caught him in the solar plexus, but he dodged her move snatching her forearm as he spun her body around. The next second she found her arm twisted behind her, her back pressed against his chest and his other arm restraining her shoulders.

“Tell me, luv,” his voice rumbled against her ear. “Do you often let yourself get into this position out on patrol?”
Buffy froze stock still as she felt his lips just brush the skin at her neck. She tried her hardest to suppress the shudder that shot through her body. She couldn’t stop the stab of fear which slammed into her gut. Sure, on the odd occasion she had found herself in very similar situations but she’d been more than capable of fighting her way out. This was different though, it must have been some kind of magic, some kind of thrall. Except that...there was no such thing. Okay, so she’d fallen under Dracula’s spell, but certainly a nineteen-year old vampire wouldn’t have the wisdom to know how to harness such energies. So then why couldn’t she move?

“I’ve always wondered,” he murmured. “What would it feel like to bite...right here.” With blunt teeth he bit down sensually on the join of her neck and shoulder.
Eyelashes fluttering, Buffy felt her knees weaken and her body slump against his chest.

“God.” He dropped his hold around her and stepped back abruptly. “I’m sorry, Buffy. I—I don’t know what came over me.”

Buffy felt the room spin as she tried to keep herself from toppling backwards. She didn’t think anything of it when she took hold of his hand to steady herself.

“Um, it’s okay. Don’t worry.” She shook her head and took a deep breath to compose herself. “Came over with a bit of the blood-lustage, huh?”

The young vampire looked unconscionably adorable as he bit his lip and regarded her with careful eyes. He seemed genuinely shocked at his behaviour, but Buffy could see through it all. He was becoming to explore himself, as any normal teenager would. It was a kind of self-discovery and Spike was coming to grips with demon force within. She was shaken as she realised how important the following few days or weeks would be as Spike came to understand what he was capable of before he magically transitioned again. Now, more than ever, she needed to make sure that he knew what goodness he possessed and how much she—

She swallowed hard.

He needed to know how much she needed him.

“It’s okay, Spike,” she whispered. “Really. You’re curious, it’s only normal.”

“Why didn’t you stop me, Buffy? I could have hurt you.”
She shook her head and brushed a lock of hair from his forehead. “I know you, Spike. You couldn’t have.”

He stepped out of her reach, ducking his head and crossing his arms defensively. “You’re too trusting, Buffy. Sometimes I feel like...there’s just this thirst inside, it’s just so strong and I—“ He glanced at her before hurrying to the basement stairs. “Thanks for today,” he said before rushing away.

~

The afternoon sun was dancing high in the sky when Buffy let herself indulge in a light nap on the living room couch. Willow was at her classes and Dawn was in school, Spike had hidden himself away upstairs. So she was alone. She thought of how this time, only a few days ago, she would have been playing a game with six-year-old Spike. The loss tugged at her heart. Memories of his innocent, adoring smiles flittered through her mind, the feel of his small body against hers as they danced at the Bronze.

On the cusp of slumber, she registered shuffling footsteps and felt the cushion beneath her chest dip. Spike. He brushed a chaste kiss against her temple, settling on the floor and resting his head beside hers.
She sighed in content and stretched her fingers to lightly stroke his hair. The past weeks had been wonderful.

But this was good too. Very good.

To be continued...