Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey all, first fanfic ever, hope its ok, ive read sooooo many that many ideas may have leaked subliminally into my brain, any similarities to other fics are completely accidental! Until i manage to steal a lock of James Masters hair and clone him I do not own Spike (SOB) nor do i own any of the characters from BtVS.Reviews would be smashing! if anyone wnts to make me a banner that would be great, i have very limited skills :(
He found her immediately. There was no mistaking this slayer. Despite her small stature, and butter-wouldn't-melt-bubbleheaded-blonde appearance she reeked of power, it came off her in waves.




She was swaying her curvy little body seductively in time to the steady beat of the music, and he found his mouth lift in a half smile as he watched her. She was dancing quite closely to two others, a hulking boy who looked a little low on the evolutionary scale (and had sodding awful taste in shirts) and a redheaded girl, who would have been quite cute if she wasn't flailing her limbs about so awkwardly. The Slayer leaned in to talk to them occasionally, and laughed at something the girl said. It almost looked like they were... friends. Well, that was a bloody first.



He had known so many Slayers in his time they had almost blurred into one entity, but he had had a gut feeling that this one would be different, and it seemed the little bint was already proving him right.





Buffy tried to hide her disappointment from Willow and Xander. She consolled herself with the fact that she had only mentioned that she might be at the Bronze tonight in a casual, offhand way to Angel, and the teen hangout probably wasn't his scene. She was still disappointed. Though his facial expressions didn't often vary beyond dark and brooding Buffy could tell he liked her, maybe more then a little. She'd been hoping that tonight they could have danced, talked, laughed... Hell, she was really hoping they'd kiss at some point this millenia.





It was while she'd been considering various senarious in which Angels tongue would end up in her mouth that she first felt eyes upon her. It was the weirdest sensation. The back of her neck was tingling in a 'oh great, its a vamp' way, but also in a new 'oh, not a vamp' way at the same time. She could feel the eyes boring into her from the balcony, but she couldn't see a figure amongst the shadows.





Oddly the sensation of being watched didn't make her feel unsettled, it was kinda comforting, and a bit... exciting. Without realising she began to move her hips more sexily, tossing her hair over her shoulder with a pout emerging on her lips. It was all getting Xander very excited, and it caused a few guys to edge closer to her, but she was oblivious. All Buffy was aware of was feeling voluntarily trapped in the pull of the gaze of someone, or something, she couldn't see.





Then her slayer hearing picked up on the sound of a scream coming from the alley behind the Bronze and the spell was broken. She sighed in annoyance, it seemed playtime was over.
She rushed out the fire exit and into darkness,her stake at the ready, just in time to save a young girl from becoming a tasty vamp snack.





Buffy put her hand on her hip and tutted loudly, causing the vamp to spin round as she said, "You know, I saw you inside before, and I have to say that slow dancing with something you plan to eat is just weird".





The vamp had regarded her first with shock and then with a hungry expression. Buffy shook her head, clearly a fledge who didn't know that she was the slayer.
Well, it soon would. She moved with lightning speed, knocking the vampire off his feet and releasing the terrified girl, who immediately followed Buffy's order to run.





A quick fight was all it took and the vamp was dust blowing in the wind. Or it would have been if there had been any wind. As it was he was dust all over her reasonably priced but extremely fashionable shoes.





Buffy was a bit put out that it had taken so little effort, she felt like taking her frustration over the whole Angel 'issues' out on something. She turned to go back into the club, when the sound of slow, sarcastic clapping stopped her in her tracks. Buffy belatedly realized that the tingling she had been feeling was not because of the now dusty vamp, but because her mysterious staring stranger was no longer in the club, but in the alley with her. And now she knew it was a he, because he was speaking.
His voice, powerful, commanding, dangerous, but god oh so sexy, drifted from the shadows and carressed her in the dark.





"Hello Slayer."