All that mattered, right at that moment, was that after falling for so long Buffy and Spike had finally come to a stop. After everything, all the forces that had driven them apart, they had found their place.

They had found their way to each other at last.

Spikes jacket had been lost somewhere, and Buffy had her hands fisted in the material of his shirt. Spike’s breathing was heavy as his own hands toyed with the flimsy strap holding Buffy’s dress on.

His voice was strained, “You sure pet? You really sure about this? I don’t mind waitin, I’d wait forever for you, and enjoy every bloody second of it.”

Buffy’s own voice was a heady mix of pure unbridled lust, and the deeper more tangible love she had yet to voice. “I’ve said it before Spike, and I’ll say it again. You talk too much.”

Spike laughed and, grasping Buffy by the waist, spun them both around until they were backed up against the bed.
Buffy smiled in a way that had Spike on the brink of coming apart. “Now you’re getting the idea.” She touched him tenderly then, her hand on his cheek, her lips on his lips. She whispered into his skin. “We’ve waited too long as it is. I need this Spike, I need you. All of you. Always.”

Spike stared into her eyes and thought, not for the first time, how a man could lose himself in those hazel depths. In those eyes shone Buffy’s desire, it was a flame which would consume him if he let it.

Unable to stand not touching him any longer, Buffy made the first move, ripping open the shirt she had so admired to expose the chest she admired so much more. Spike roared in response, an inhuman sound of longing which had Buffy shaking in desperate need. He tore her dress in turn, throwing it from her perfect form.

And she was perfect. Spike could have spent hours just staring at her, just taking in every inch of her unholy beauty. And he would. Another time he would. But not then. Looking was not enough, for either of them.

Buffy pulled his ruined shirt from his shoulders, scraping her nails down his arms as she removed it fully. Then, before Spike was aware of her movement, she had undone his pants, releasing his throbbing ache into her desperate hands. At first contact both gasped, Spike hissed at the heat of her, the way she held him so tightly, so right. Buffy whimpered, seeing that he could indeed have gotten the nickname of ‘Spike’ the way she’d imagined, she whimpered at having him hard and ready within her hands.

His voice was strangled. “Buffy... god Buffy...”

With no bra to get in the way Spike was able to attack her naked breasts as soon as he’d regained control of himself.
The way she responded to his every touch of her supple skin, every kiss, every bite, had him falling apart with her.

Foreplay would have to wait until later. They both knew now was not the time for it, it was not the time for exploring each other, knowing all there was to know, tasting all there was to taste. Playing with each other, teasing each other, it would all have to wait.

Now it was time to dance.


They had both indulged in little fantasies. Both imagined how this would happen. Nothing had prepared them for the actuality.

Spike, raised up on his forearms, looked down at the girl lying beneath him. The girl who held him in her hot little hand, rubbing him in torturous against her aching wetness. Buffy had no idea where her self confidence had come from, she was hardly experienced, but Spike made her feel secure, as comfortable as she was uncomfortably thrilled. She felt as though she could act completely on impulse with him, she could get pleasure and give pleasure without fear or restraint.

Spike lowered his head, kissing her deeply, searing her soul with every stroke of his tongue. With his lips against hers he gave voice to the emotion Buffy could feel coursing through him.

“Buffy, I love you. I love you so much it hurts.”

She hadn’t needed the words to know that, but hearing them coming from him, hearing his voice tell her, meant more than she’d realised mere words could ever mean.

Buffy had always found it difficult to voice her emotions, to say how she really felt. Not now. The words flew from her head, her mouth, her heart.

“I love you too Spike, love you more than I thought it was possible to love.”

Spike kissed her again. He kissed her as though he would never, could never, stop. Buffy kissed him fiercely back, giving him all she had, taking everything he had to give in return.

“My Buffy...”

“Always Spike, always yours”


Their eyes were locked on each other the moment Spike thrust forward, the moment he penetrated the last barrier between them.

Buffy had expected it to hurt, but any pain she should have felt was lost in a flood of wonder.

Spike had expected it to feel good, but nothing had ever felt as good as this. Nothing had ever shaken him so.

In each other’s eyes they saw the breathtaking awe, the power, the intensity, of what they’d found together.

They saw what completeness looked like.

Then when Spike started moving within her,
they saw stars.




Long after the sun had risen the next morning Buffy and Spike, the saviour and his slayer, eventually succumbed to the sweetest of sleeps. Secure in each other’s arms, each others hearts, neither had ever known such perfect peace.


But peace is a fragile thing, and disturbance so often finds a way to break it.



During the course of the morning two things happened.
Firstly, Spikes phone rang. Buffy was lying closer to it, and as she wasn’t as deep a sleeper as Spike, she rolled over to turn off the intruding noise. As she did this, being a curious, and, as she was discovering, a frighteningly possessive, sort of a gal, she couldn’t help but look at the caller ID, and the name displayed there was new to her. It wasn’t the name of someone Spike had ever mentioned. It made her wonder. But just then Spike realised his girl was no longer in his arms, and half asleep, half awake, he pulled her to him again. Buffy, drowning in the man who was her world, lost in the arms of the half vampire, half slayer who was her equal, her everything, was quick to snuggle back into him, was quick to return to sleep herself.

And the next time she awoke she had forgotten that she’d ever wondered who ‘Robin’ might be.



It was the second thing that happened that made Buffy forget.


That morning, Spike had a vision.

In the vision there was a girl. A slayer, but not the one spun of light who burned Spike to his core. No. This one was different. A darkness loomed over her, a frightening darkness. She did not walk alone, but carried a storm beside her. Her hair and eyes were dark, her heart was darkening.

Before her lay two paths. But it wasn’t the paths before this slayer which Spike followed with his sight, it was the path behind her, the way she had already come, which called to him. The path went back far beyond her birth, it went on far beyond her time. It drew Spike back with it, drew him back towards a time he could only vaguely remember. It led to another slayer. One who had often tormented Spike’s thoughts, but one who he had never seen in a vision before.



After Spike had woken Buffy, and told her all he’d seen, her response was typically unimpressed.

“So I guess that means Rome will have to wait huh?”

“I reckon so pet, looks like there’s gonna be plenty of fun to be had around here for a while. We will get there one day though, promise.”


Buffy didn’t like seeing Spike looking so serious, so deep in thought. It didn’t suit him. So she did what any girl in her position would have done. She bit his nipple. Hard.

His surprised yelp held more pleasure than pain, and it had the desired effect of making the spark flare back in his eyes.

“You’re a naughty little Buffy aren’t you?”

Buffy gave him a teasing grin. “Yep, I’m a naughty Buffy and I need some serious punishment. Else who knows what I’ll bite next?”

Spike groaned and rolled on top of her.

“Once, I fought a pack of twelve Parga demons, single handed, and even managed to fit in a couple of cigarettes and half a bottle of scotch mid fight. I’ve lived for soddin ever, been in more battles then you’ve had pizza’s (and lets be honest, you’ve had a lot) but you, you’ll be the death of me kitten, you know that don’t you?”

Buffy’s smile broadened, and she thrust upwards, favouring his hard length with a coating of her slickness. “At least it’ll be a fun death though.”

Spike chuckled and moaned at the same time. Buffy noted the sound, filing it away in her ‘favourite Spike noises’ memory bank.

“I’m not complainin pet, Its the only way I wanna go.”

Before they could get too carried away, and lose any hope of having an actual conversation for hours, Buffy pulled back a little and cupped Spikes face, before placing a tender kiss on the tip of his nose.

He quirked an eyebrow.

“What? I like your nose.”

Spike grinned and dropped little kisses all over Buffy’s face.

“What? I like your face.”


Deciding that, actually, conversation was overrated, Buffy and Spike proceeded to show each other just how much they liked the others various body parts.

Apparently Spike really really liked Buffy’s breasts.




Something was coming, something dark was on the horizon. Just then though, it didnt matter.

Whatever it was they would face it, together.

The Slayer and her Saviour.


Chapter End Notes:
well guys thats it for this fic! huge thanks to all readers and reviewers :D its meant so much to me that my first fic got so much support. the sequel will be on its way soon, but im gonna be working on a short fic, 'chipped' for the next couple of weeks. Thanks again!