Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey all, just a reminder that although I will be using events from BtVS this fic is off canon, and so I have changed events and adjusted timelines for my own ends! Hope you enjoy








The weeks passed and some of Spikes list began to make sense.







After being suspiciously quiet for some time Drusilla returned on the scene with a vengeance. Buffy had two very near misses with her, and she began to understand just why Giles had been so perturbed by her arrival. Then the organ incident happened. That had been particularly satisfying for Buffy, though she liked to think she would have thought of using the organ as a weapon against Drusilla even without Spike’s hint. Crushing her had been almost fun, especially considering the odd ramblings Buffy had had to listen to in the lead up to the smack down.







“Ooo naughty slayer, I see inside your head I do, and you think you have what’s mine. I won’t let you have what’s mine. Miss Edith would never allow it. You think daddy is yours now, but he’s not. The stars have been talking over their tea and you will give daddy back to me, without even knowing that you are” Drusilla had laughed very creepily at this, Buffy still got shivers when she thought of it after, but she wasn’t done.







“You think you have all the cake but you can’t have it. My boy, my little prince, he’s come to you; he thinks he can save you, but he was mine before you even started to shimmer. He’s mine forever, just like Daddy. He comes from darkness and he belongs in darkness, no matter how often he tries to play in the light. One day my boy will come back to me, and when he does you will burn.”







By this point Buffy had had enough, the fight that followed had been short and swift and Drusilla had been taken out.



Buffy had hoped, though not really believed, that that was it for Drusilla. She knew she was wrong about this when she had come home that night to find Spike in her bedroom again.







He was sat on the windowsill, leaning back against the ledge and looking almost serene as he watched the night outside. Buffy quickly noticed that her room smelt of cigarette smoke and her worries about Drusilla were momentarily forgotten.







“SPIKE! Have you been smoking in my room??”







Spike threw her the most innocent, and the most clearly put on look. “No.”







Buffy stomped over to the window and leaned out over him to see, sure enough, several white cigarette ends on the ground below.







She swatted his arm. “You can’t smoke in my room!”







Spike grinned. “Technically I’m only half in your room pet.”







Buffy glowered. “That’s not the point! If my mom walks in and smells that she’ll go... Oh God, mom! Why didn’t she hear me yell and run in here?? Why am I still yelling?!”











Spike swung his legs over the sill and stood up. “Calm down pet, your mum won’t be able to hear anythin we say. I spelled the room; sound proofed it so to speak.”











Buffy looked at him a little disbelievingly. “You do magic?”











Spike muttered something that sounded like 'muffincheese' to Buffy, and the smell of cigarette smoke was abruptly gone, replaced with the delicious sent of vanilla. “Got my fingers in a lot of pies slayer, it pays to be prepared for anything.”











Buffy was pretty impressed, but also pretty annoyed. Was there anything Spike couldn’t do?







She flopped down on her bed, and didn’t utter a protest when Spike sat beside her. “What are you doing here anyway? Killing me off from passive smoking aside I mean. I thought you wouldn’t be around for a while.”











Spike waved a hand “I don’ really think of this as bein around, just poppin in from time to time, makin sure your heads still attached an all.” He grinned suddenly, “You have a good music lesson then pet?”











Buffy looked at him blankly for a minute before she got what he meant, “Oh! The organ, yeah that worked like a charm!”







Spikes smile faded a bit and his eyes darkened. “You know that’s not the end of her though, don’t you? It’ll keep her down for a bit, sure, but Dru will be back.”







Buffy groaned. “I thought as much. Though hopefully I knocked some of the crazy out of her, I don’t think I can take another round of rambling nuttiness.”







“I think it would take more than an organ hittin her on the noggin to put the monkeys back in that tree pet.”







Buffy smiled. “You say some really odd things you know.”







“Profound luv, not odd.”







Buffy rolled her eyes. “Whatever. So, how long are you back for?” she didn’t want to say aloud that she hoped it was for a while, though her tone implied it. It was weird; things were going well for Buffy at the moment, Drusilla and Principle Snyder aside. Things with Angel were progressing very nicely, they had even shared an AMAZING kiss, Xander and Willow were happy, and Giles and Miss Calendar were cute beyond words (in a disturbing, parent substitute getting it on with your teacher kinda way). But even though things were so good Buffy constantly carried around with her an unsettling feeling of unease, as though not everything was right.



When Spike was around the feeling went away. It wasn’t just that he made her feel safe, it was something more than that, but it wasn’t something she was able to explain.







“This is just a flyin visit”







Buffy’s face fell a little so Spike added “I reckon I’ll be flyin in a bit oftener then I thought though, you know, til all this is over. An I thought that when it is I could maybe talk to Rupes about doin a few trainin sessions with you. What d’you think pet?”







Buffy brightened instantly. Training with Giles was fun and all, but she had a very strong feeling that training with Spike would be something else entirely. She loved the way he moved, so graceful and feline, and yet exuding such power. She desperately wanted to move like that.



“Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would be ok. I think me being trained by the Saviour of Slayers would make Giles lifetime. He’s still going on about your last visit, and I’m sure the dozen bottles of scotch he’s suddenly collected are due to him hoping you’ll pop by again.”







Spike’s lip twitched. “Alright then, we’ll sort summat out further down the line. Have you told your friends about me slayer?”







That question came a bit out of the blue, and Buffy wasn't sure how to answer. “Uh, no. Well, I told Willow and Xander, but no one else.”







Spike nodded as though he’d already known what she’d say. “It’s alright that they know, but it’s still best if Peaches doesn’t. I know that it’ll be hard to keep secrets from him, specially when you two are gettin... close... an all, but it’s necessary. Ok?”







Buffy had blushed a bit at the reminder that she and Angel were now ‘close’, but she was quick to assure Spike that Angel wouldn’t find out about him being around from her. She was still burning with curiosity about how the two vampires in her life knew each other, but she knew better then to ask Spike. Since he was too quick for her to beat it out of him she’d have to wait until he was ready to tell her on his own.







“So what did red and the whelp think when you told them about me?”







Buffy was confused for a moment. “Who?”







“You know, your pals. Red, cos of the hair, and the whelp, because... well cos he looks like a whelp.”







Buffy tried not to smile because Spike might have taken that as an agreement. Which it wasn’t. Really.



“Well Willow thinks it’s really exciting, she went into mega research mode, tried to find out anything about you which Giles hadn’t known.”











Spike looked almost concerned for a second. “An did she find anythin?”







Buffy noticed Spikes sudden change of tone, and studied him closely as she said “No, she didn’t.”







The change was only very slight, but Buffy saw it. He was relieved. She wondered how many secrets Spike was hiding, and whether she would ever know them all.







“She’s also been helping Giles with your list, trying to figure out what you meant by stuff. But they’re not having much luck with that either. I’m not surprised, it is like the vaguest of the vague.”







Spike was smirking again. “Sorry about that pet, but I did warn you. If you wanna take it up with the powers that bloody be, be my guest. What did the whelp think?”







Buffy grinned wickedly. “He thinks you sound like a cheesy super hero. He asked me if you wear a cape, or wear underwear over your pants.”







Spikes returning grin was equally wicked as he replied “You can tell the whelp that I don’t wear underwear at all.”







Buffy went radioactive red. “God Spike, over share much!”







Spike chuckled. “Sorry pet, have I filled your little head with too many pleasant images?”







Buffy pushed him hard and he started falling off the bed. At the last minute he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him.







Afterwards Buffy couldn’t remember who started it, but the tickling match that began the minute they hit the floor was merciless and hilarious. Whenever Buffy thought about it in the days that followed it never failed to make her smile.







The sky was beginning to lighten before Spike decided it was time to go. Buffy wanted to make him stay, to talk some more, but she knew she needed at least one hour of sleep before school.







As Spike went to do his, now customary, jumping out of the window bit he said, “I wasn’t kidding you know, when I said you should tell your mom. You should, and sooner rather than later.”











Buffy rolled her eyes whilst yawning, something she hadn’t realised it was actually possible to do.



“I will”







Spike gave a snort of disbelief.







“I will! Just... when I’m ready.”







Spike looked at her with a slightly softened gaze. His eyes looked warm, despite them being such a brilliant blue in the early morning light. “You’re the slayer pet. You haven’t got time to get ready anymore, you’ve got to be ready. For anything.”







Buffy couldn’t think of anything to say to that so she settled for putting on a disparaging voice and saying “We do have a door you know.”







Spike flashed her one last grin. “I know, but this way is just more fun”.







With that he jumped, and before it seemed even possible for him to have hit the ground he was gone.















That night Buffy had a very strange dream. It started out as many of her dreams had been starting lately, with her being held in Angel’s arms. But this time the picture changed and it was no longer Buffy Angel was holding so tightly on to, but Drusilla.







Drusilla was laughing manically and Angel’s eyes had changed from deep brown to an intense and terrifying gold.



He slid suddenly into game face, and Drusilla followed suit.



The scene changed again, and Drusilla and Angel now had their arms around a central figure. Their expressions were feral, protective, as though they were guarding the man who stood between them, or preventing him from leaving.







In her dream Buffy looked closer and what she’d taken for a man was not a man at all, but a vampire. He too was in game face, though it was a game face unlike any she had seen before. The fangs were there, sharp and deadly, but his forehead did not have the bumpies she would have expected, there was only a slight ridge above his nose. His eyes too were different, not gold, but a shining, almost luminously bright blue silver.







In her dream she saw them, the three of them on one side, and her on the other. She knew without knowing how that they were going to fight to the death. What she didn’t understand at all was why. Drusilla laughed again, and called out in a haunting melody. “I got them back little slayer, just like I said I would. Daddy and my prince have come home at last. No one can stop us slayer, not the moon or the stars or the nasty sun that burns. No one can stop us slayer, not even you.”











Buffy woke abruptly. She was drenched in sweat and breathing hard. She knew she had dreamt of something, and it had scared her witless, but she couldn’t remember her dream at all.





Chapter End Notes:
I won't always leave it on cliff hangers i promise! I know this was a short chapter but the next one will be coming soon.