Author's Chapter Notes:
I couldn’t tell you where this idea came from, but it wouldn’t leave me alone until I did something with it. I will just say that this Buffy is very different, at least in the beginning. I have to admit, it was a lot of fun writing her in this. Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint, but I would love to know what you think. As always, any comments would be much appreciated.
Chapter 1

“Okay, you should have everything you need.”

Buffy gave her father a look. “That’s it? You’re not gonna take me by the hand? Make sure I get inside without causing any trouble along the way? I’m really touched.”

Hank Summers rubbed his forehead in exasperation. “I know you feel betrayed right now, but we’re only doing what is best for you. I’m sure you’ll thank us one day.”

She scoffed. “Oh, yes, thank you so much for sending me to a mental institution. However shall I repay you for your kindness? You’re so full of shit, Dad. This has nothing to do with my best interests; this is you and Mom getting rid of me because you can’t handle who I am now. Bringing me here is not going to make the demons any less real.”

“That is enough, young lady! I told you to never speak of that again. Demons do not exist, this is just your way of acting out for attention, but burning down your school gym was the last straw. We don’t know what to do with you anymore, but maybe professionals will. Go on, your mother will be by in a week to check on you.”

Buffy snatched up her bag. “Why bother? Just tell her to write,” with that said, she made her way inside her new hell.


* * * * *


“Hey, I’m Molly, what are you in for?”

Buffy rolled her eyes, making friends was definitely not what she had in mind while being stuck in this prison. “I stabbed a man in the heart. You?” That wasn’t entirely wrong, but little miss perky didn’t need to know the man in question was technically already dead when she got to him.

Molly backed away slowly, her eyes widening. “Um, that’s nice; I’ll just catch you later.”

Buffy grinned when the girl ran away; maybe her stay here wouldn’t be so bad after all.


* * * * *


The whispers were really starting to get on her fucking nerves. Apparently, Molly was a pretty big gossip around these parts. It was like being in high school for the criminally insane, and now everyone was chatting about her. Oh, to be popular again, it was every teenage girl’s dream, but Buffy had enough.

“What the hell are you morons talking about? If you have something to say to me, say it to my face, or shut the fuck up.” A girl Buffy didn’t recognize stood up; she had dark hair, with piercings and tattoos all over her body. Someone was trying a little too hard to be tough.

“You think you’re real scary, do you? I heard about you, the girl who cried wolf. Or was it demon?” she mocked, the girls at her side snickering like she just told the funniest joke ever. “Aren’t you a little old to believe in the Boogie Man?”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest as the whole room started cackling, but she wasn’t about to let some punk bitch intimidate her.

“Boo, look at me, I’m a terrifying vampire. I better watch it before a cheerleader stakes me.”

More laughter, Buffy clenched her fists when another girl came dancing around her, wearing a black cape, plastic fangs in her mouth that were dripping with ketchup. Punk Bitch pulled the fake vampire away, staring Buffy down.

“You’re nothing but a pathetic loser, making up stories just to get attention. I say she’s not welcome here, girls!” she announced to the rest of the room, before turning back to Buffy. “You don’t fit in. I bet you’ve never even gotten into a fight once in your life, probably too worried about breaking a nail. Isn’t that right, princess?”

Well, that was really all Buffy could take at this point. With quick reflexes, she brought her leg up and kicked Punk Bitch right in the mouth, sending her flying into one of the nearby tables. “Care to test that theory?!” she yelled down at the fallen girl, her mouth coated in blood from where Buffy knocked out a tooth. “You don’t know anything about me, you stupid whore!”

Two guards showed up then, grabbing Buffy by the arms and dragging her out of there, while she struggled and screamed along the way. She was very strong for someone her size, and they ended up having to sedate her to stop her from kicking out at them. Buffy knew what this meant, another visit to the isolation room, and really couldn’t care less. At least in there she got to be alone, that was her last thought before everything went black.


* * * * *


“Why don’t you tell me what happened?”

Buffy shrugged, slouching down in her chair. “I kicked someone in the face. There’s really no story there.”

Rupert Giles took his glasses off to clean them, putting them back on after a moment. “I understand that she was taunting you.”

“Isn’t that what everyone does here? We’re all different, trapped in this nightmare; we have to take out our aggressions somewhere. She had it coming. Are we done yet? I don’t really see the point of these lame therapy sessions. No offense, you seem like a decent enough guy and all, but you’re boring the hell out of me, and we’re really not getting much done.”

He shook his head. “I think we have had some progress, Miss Summers. Why don’t we talk more about the demons? Do you believe they are real?”

Buffy raised her eyebrows, not clear if he was making fun of her, or if he was really curious to know. “What difference does it make? It’s not like anyone believes me. Look, I’ll make this brief. I know what goes on in the world now, I’ve seen more than I care to admit. A friend was killed right in front of me, he was like a mentor. Sure, he was some old, stuffy guy, but he was all I had. My parents have never understood me, and the second I started ranting about demons, they didn’t hesitate to send me to the loony bin. And hey, maybe I am crazy, but I know what I saw.”

He nodded, making a note in his journal. “I’m not going to tell you that you’re crazy, Buffy. If you believe they are real, then that is all that matters. No one has a right to tell you otherwise.”

Buffy could tell he was being sincere, and that thought confused her. “Right, can I go now?”

Giles nodded again, giving her a small smile. “You may go; we’ll finish our discussion next week.”

Buffy wasn’t one to be told twice, she shot out of her seat and immediately left the office.

He picked up his phone once she was gone, dialing a familiar number. “It’s Rupert Giles; I have found the new Slayer.”


Chapter End Notes:
So, do I have any interest for this one? I know it’s a bit out there and probably doesn’t make much sense right now, but I hope you would stick with me. I promise much Spuffiness if you do;)