Tarzan, Jane & Green Banana Sandwiches

Cecily certainly hadn't been lying when she'd told Will that she'd made plans for the whole weekend. He'd barely managed to steal three hours of sleep before she was shaking him awake, announcing that he'd better get his patootie out of bed and get some breakfast before they set out.

Over breakfast, she handed out itineraries for the day. Will's eyes widened. She had them busy from dawn to dusk!

His situation wasn't helped any by Buffy. Not that she was doing anything on purpose, but when she licked the orange juice off her fingers like that, it was only natural that his spoonful of cereal miss his mouth, he told himself. Of course, Liam making fun of him for the next hour was not natural, and he was only forced to cease when Will launched himself at his goofy friend. The two men wrestled until Will finally managed to get him into a headlock.

Anne was sincerely unamused.

After breakfast the group made their way over to Bernard's country club to play a spot of tennis. Will was so busy watching Buffy's match against his Uncle Ethan – and more specifically the way her ass looked in those teeny tiny white shorts – that he failed to keep a close eye on his own tennis partner. Liam took the opportunity to pay Will back for his earlier headlock and shot a tennis ball right for his head. Will was seeing stars for the next forty minutes.

Thankfully, he managed not to make a complete tit of himself through lunch – although he suspected the damage was already done. But when they took Bernard's boat out late in the afternoon, he completely missed his opportunity to drive because he was so busy concentrating hard on not pushing Buffy's flyaway strands of hair back behind her ears. He was sure he might have heard Bernard call to him at one point. Maybe some time between when he was noticing how adorable Buffy looked when her cheeks were tinged pink with cold, and when he realized that if he sat at a certain angle, he could see right down her vest.

Truth be told, the day was torture of the best kind. Utter torture.


+++


Bernard's family were a riot, Buffy decided, as one of his old cousins brought her over another drink at the party. In fact, they were surprisingly wild considering the fact that Bernard himself was such a boring old coot. They'd even managed to lighten Anne and Tor up and persuade them to dance, which had to be a miracle in itself.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Liam grabbed her hand and yanked her onto the dance floor.

After ten minutes of dancing with him, a dizzy Buffy called a time out, and laughed when he let go of her hand and bowed dramatically.

“I'm gonna go pee,” she told him.

“Too much info, Buff.”

She rolled her eyes and smacked him on the ass before darting her way out of the crowd of people to leave the room.

The cool air and the quietness of the bathroom was actually a relief, and she splashed some water over her face to soothe her flushed face.

For about the hundredth time in just an hour, she wondered where Will was and what he was doing. He'd been present for the first hour and a half of the party – she knew that because she'd been unable to keep herself from shooting sneaky glances in his direction every couple of minutes or so – and then he'd vanished. She hoped he hadn't hooked up with Bernard's pretty niece, Fred. He couldn't have, could he? Not when he'd spent the day looking at Buffy all smouldering and with those eyes...oh, those eyes. She'd been positively tingling the entire day.

With a sigh, because really, who was she to say who Will could and couldn't hook up with, she straightened her shoulders and made her way back to the party. But just as she was about to re-enter the room, a large hand grasped her elbow and she was pulled back against a hard, oh so familiar body. “Will! What-”

He span her around and kissed her, walking her forward until her back hit the wall. Buffy knew that she should probably make some kind of protest, maybe tell him he couldn't just kiss her after the way he'd treated her, but it felt so good that all she could do was moan breathlessly and kiss him back just as hard. He moved his leg in between hers and stuck an eager hand right up her top and kissed her chin, her jaw, her neck. “God, I missed you.”

“Will,” she protested half heartedly, even as her hand gripped onto his butt. “Someone might see us.”

He pulled away and glanced towards the door, of which they were awfully close, and nodded. Grinning at her, he lifted her up and over his shoulder in a fireman's lift, ignoring her shriek, and hurried upstairs towards the room he was staying in. Once inside, he kicked the door shut, and dumped Buffy unceremoniously onto the bed. “Me Tarzan!” He banged a fist on his chest. “You Jane!”

Laughing, Buffy knelt up on her knees. “You freak,” she replied, grabbing him by his shirt and pulling him down to the bed on top of her. “Me horny.” She cupped his cheek and kissed him, languidly.

Will pulled away suddenly. “Before we do this, I want to...I've just been pacing around for ages outside thinking about it...I want to make sure...”

“Make sure of what?”

“That we won't be idiots again tomorrow morning,” he answered, his face inches above hers. “Neither of us will pretend that it was a one time thing, right?”

If he kept on talking that way, Buffy might just have to burst with happiness. “Right. Last time we were stupid. It was never going to be a one time thing with me and you.”

He gave a relived little grunt and kissed her again, moving one of his hands to unzip her skirt. “I'm so crazy about you, Buffy. All I've done is think about you, but I like it. Say you'll be with me?”

“Mm? Oh!” His fingers had found their way inside her panties. “Yes, Will. God yes! Let's be idiots together.”


+++


A thoroughly spent Will lay happily next to Buffy, smiling down at her from where his head rested on his fist.

She was half asleep, which was okay for now, but there was no way Will was done with her for the night. “Buffy?”

She frowned. “Mm?”

“Are you awake?”

“Nuh uh.”

“You sound like you're awake.”

“It's all a conspiracy. A sleeping conspiracy for tired Buffy.”

“Right.” Something inside his heart snapped. Something irreversible. Will wasn't sure that he minded all that much. “People are gonna wonder where we got to.” Actually, the majority of them were probably too drunk to care. Drusilla might have noticed, with the not drinking, but she was probably too busy taking care of Liam to think about it.

“Green banana sandwiches.”

Will chuckled, and lay his head down next to hers as he realized she was sleep talking. “Sure, baby.”