Buffy was very, very happy when she awoke the next morning. It could have had something to do with the blanket of golden sunshine shining through the curtains and warming her exposed skin. It could have had something to do with the smell of freshly cooked breakfast drifting upstairs to lure eager little noses.

It probably had a lot to do with the fact the one of Will's hands was in a very naughty place. She moaned, and he grinned, deviously. “Good morning.”

She nodded in agreement. “Very good morning.”

Ten delicious minutes later, Buffy lay panting next to a very smug looking Will. When she glanced over in his direction, he locked his eyes with hers and slowly licked his fingers, one by one.

“You are a very, very bad man.”

“Just wanted to make sure you knew what my intentions were when you woke up, is all. Didn't want any misunderstandings like last time.” He made it all sound so very innocent.

Buffy leaned on her side and pretended to debate the matter. “Hmm...I'm not entirely sure I do understand your intentions. I may need some further explanation.”

With a playful growl, Will rolled on top of her and pinned her arms over her head. “My pleasure,” he said, and kissed her deeply.

Now this was what waking up next to Will should have been like last time, Buffy mused. Happy and sexy and full of naked kissage. But if they carried on like this then it was going to go down exactly like it had done the night before – loudly. They'd gotten away with it then, because everybody had been too drunk and the music had been too loud, but she highly doubted that Will's family would fail to overhear them if they started going at it like bunnies. And so with an unhappy little groan, she pulled away. “What time is it?”

“Not telling,” Will answered petulantly. He rubbed his nose in the hollow of her neck.

“Why not?” When he didn't answer, she glanced over at he clock on his bedside table and sighed. “We should probably get up and go down to breakfast.”

His face clouded over. “That's why.”

She reached up and kissed him right on his grumpy little pout. “So what are we telling your family?”

“Well I thought I could throw your naked little self over my shoulder and parade you around the house, slapping your delectable arse and bragging to everyone about how you're my woman.”

She punched his shoulder. “Jerk. Be serious.”

He smiled, and rolled back over to his side of the bed. “I don't know. Me and you...it's all very new. Not even taken you on a real date yet. Unless you count your mate's fluffy pink wedding.”

“Which I don't.”

“Well, there you go.”

She nodded and looked up at the bed canopy. “Yeah, I'm not sure I'm used to it either. I mean, I'm totally happy, and I'm in this, but you were always just Dru's big brother, and now your Dru's naked and sexy big brother, so...much weirdness.” After chewing on her lip for a moment, she asked, “Do you think we should wait a few days until we tell your family? And mine?”

Will winced. “Xander's gonna kill me.”

“He can try. Don't worry, I'll protect you.”

He scoffed. “Yeah, with your wincy little girl arms?”

“Hey! I do not have wincy little girl arms!”

“Certainly looked that way when you lost our arm wrestle.”

“Oh.” She stuck out her bottom lip. “I forgot that was with you.”

“Well I appreciate the sentiment all the same. And if it helps any, being with you would be worth being smashed to a pulp by Xander.”

She smiled sweetly over at him and wrapped an arm around his chest. Where had this sweet, charming man come from? “So today we just act cool?”

“Cool as a cucumber.”

“Good.” With a happy smirk, Buffy wriggled underneath the covers and found her way in between Will's thighs.

“Uh...what are you doing?” he asked, though he thought he might already know.

“I thought I'd show you my intentions,” came her muffled reply.

“Oh, okay. But we should probably get down to breakfaohhh! Hahhh!”


+++


Will stared at the long mirror back at his place with a frown. He yanked off his red vest and pulled on a white t-shirt – the one that had the dog with a moustache on the front.

He was supposed to have left for Buffy's apartment five minutes ago, because they'd arranged to spend the afternoon together. An actual arrangement, and not just bumping into one another 'accidentally' like they'd been doing over the past couple of months. There would probably be sex, what with the whole arranging to meet up thing. He and Buffy, meeting up. On purpose.

He didn't know why he was feeling so weird about the whole thing. She was his girl, that was for sure. But they'd never arranged a...date before. He'd never imagined growing up that he'd be making a date with Buffy Summers one day.

And now he was stood in front of his mirror having a big old fashion crisis like he was some kind of girl. He bet Buffy wasn't changing her t-shirt every thirty second like some hormonal teenager.

Pouting, he cocked his head and glared at the dog with the moustache. Was it laughing at him? Damn dog! He ripped the t-shirt off and slipped on his only shirt – light blue to match his eyes, according to Cordelia. He snorted in disgust as he remembered her insisting he buy it, and yanked it off and threw it towards the bin. And then he winced and picked it out again and placed it gently on his bed. It was his only shirt, after all. And it was actually quite nice, and it really did match his eyes.

He folded his arms over his naked chest and regarded himself in the mirror once more, rolling his eyes. What the hell was he thinking? This was Buffy! Buffy didn't care how he dressed. She liked him for him, regardless of what he wore, and she didn't view him as some kind of fashion accessory, as Cordelia had done. She'd probably even like it if he showed up bare chested.

Buffy would probably like the dog with the moustache. It was the kind of thing she'd find funny.

He was wearing the dog with the moustache.

Dressed, he grabbed his keys and his denim jacket, and headed towards his front door.

And then he hurried back to the bedroom and discarded the dog with the moustache and pulled his red vest back on.


+++


Buffy paced back and forth in her apartment, wringing her hands nervously.

What if Will didn't like her place? He hadn't seen it since the day he'd helped her move in, and a lot had changed since then. Maybe she should take down some of the wall hangings, or hide the large statue of the elephant god, or put out the incense?

She hoped he liked it. She'd never really had a place of her own before, and had never really cared what other people thought. But now this place was hers – for a while – and she did care what Will thought. His opinion mattered to her. She liked that.

A knock on the front door startled her from chewing on her thumbnail, and she hurried to answer.

“Hi.” Will looked as sheepish as she felt.

“Hey...” She held the door open. “Come on in.”

As he passed by her, he handed her a bunch of flowers. “For you.”

“Oh! I love daffodils!”

“I know.” He stuffed his hands into his pockets, looking embarrassed. Buffy wondered if he'd bought Cordelia many flowers. “I remember you used to bring bunches of them 'round the house every spring. You said that smelling them made you feel-”

“Hopeful.” A light shined in her eyes. “I can't believe you remember that.”

They looked at each other for a long moment, before Buffy shut the front door and bustled into the kitchen area to put the daffodils into water. She saw Will bounce on the balls of his feet as he watched her, and she wished he wouldn't look like he felt so out of place. Once she was satisfied that she couldn't fiddle with her flower arrangement any more without looking like she was stalling – which she was, why was this so awkward? - she turned, and leaned back against the counter. She jiggled her knee and glanced at Will.

“I like your place,” he told her. “You've done it up nice.”

“Thanks...it's just temporary, though.”

“Right. 'Cause you'll be leaving again.” That was something they'd neglected to talk about before.

“Maybe.”

There was a couple more seconds of silence, and then Will heaved a sigh. “This is so stupid.”

Buffy's shoulders dropped in relief. “So true.”

“Just...come here.”

They met in the middle of the room and kissed desperately, grasping on to one another and holding tight.

“Missed you so much,” Will mumbled, kissing her ear.

“It's only been two days.”

“Two long days.”

She smirked and slid her arms around his neck as he gripped his hands onto her butt and yanked her up into his arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist.

“Bedroom?”

“That way.”

He stumbled back in the direction she pointed towards, but was so intent on kissing her that he didn't watch where he was going. It was only a second before they stumbled to the floor.

“Are you okay?” Buffy asked breathlessly.

“Yeah. Screw the bedroom, it's too far away.”

She giggled as his hands went to the buttons on her shorts. “Will, it's-”

But she was interrupted by an insistent knocking on her front door. They paused mid-kiss, and stared at each other with wide eyes.

“Don't answer it,” Will hissed.

“Duh, I wasn't going to.”

But the knocking continued. “Buffy! Open up!” Drusilla called from the other side of the door. “I know you're in there, I can see the light on under the door. You need to let me in, darling, or I'm going to do a little piddle right here in the hallway!”

Buffy groaned. “I'd better let her in.”

Will nodded, and they stood and helped each other straighten out before Buffy reluctantly opened the door. Drusilla rushed past her with a quick thank you and zipped straight into the bathroom.

“This sneaking about thing was a lot sexier before we were interrupted,” Will grumbled.

“She's your sister,” Buffy answered with a shrug.

When Drusilla re-emerged from Buffy's bathroom, it was with a little frown on her face. “I thought I saw you, William. What are you doing in here?”

Will's mouth opened and closed as he tried to think of an answer. “Uh...waiting for you?”

Drusilla didn't look overly convinced.

“Why couldn't you pee in your own apartment?” Buffy asked, partly to distract Drusilla, and partly because she just wanted to know.

“Because I just arrived home and was about to do a wee in my knickers and I couldn't find my keys as my bag is so overstuffed.”

“Ah.”

Drusilla flopped down onto Buffy's sofa. “Now that I'm here, we can have tea. How lovely.”

Buffy and Will eyed one another over Drusilla's head and sighed.


Chapter End Notes:
I don't know whether daffodils bloom in America. I did try and look it up but I'm no good at the whole research lark. So if they don't...let's just pretend the do. They're just on my mind because they've started selling them (although they haven't actually started blooming yet) and I just love them!