Author's Chapter Notes:
This is it-the final part. Thank you for all your comments. Make sure to let me know if you liked it. :)
“Promises, promises.” She smiled up at him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. A few hours earlier she’d been sure that he was the enemy; now she was thinking that he was the one. Spike thought that she was special. He wanted her. She wasn’t completely naïve; she knew that there were plenty of boys at school who’d have liked to take her to bed. She just didn’t really think their interest was in her as much as it was in the sex itself. Spike made her feel like she was the important part. It was all the girl who grew up in Liam Summers’ shadow had ever wanted; that the boy giving it to her had a hot body, a sexy accent and a dangerous look was just frosting.

“You’re going away again, taking a little walk about in your mind.” He kissed her temple. “What’s going on? Trying to figure out how to give me the brush off already?”

“What? No.”

“So what is it then?”

“Nothing.”

He laughed. “How is it a little girl who lies as much as you do can be such total rubbish at it?”

“I…” Her mouth opened and closed twice before, blushing, she turned away. What was she going to say? You’re really the only person I lie to.

“I’m just teasing, sweetheart. Don’t be sad.” He kissed the soft skin below her ear and licked her neck.

Buffy scrunched her face and pulled away. “That tickles.”

Leaning in close, he whispered in her ear. “Bet you’d like my tongue someplace else.”

The feel of his hot breath, the image his words gave, the sound of his voice saying them, all of it sent shivers straight to her core. “Spike.” She didn’t even recognize the husky, breathless sound as her own voice.

“That’s right, love. Why don’t you just practice that so you’ll be ready to shout it when I take you over the edge.” He reached behind his neck, grasped her wrists, and led her hands to the headboard. “Hold on.”

He saw a touch of uneasiness in her eyes, but he saw lust there too. She might not like him or maybe she hadn’t yet decided, either way Spike knew that she wanted him. He had every intention of using that to convince her that he could make her happy. He waited until she cautiously gripped the headboard before he began making a trail of soft open-mouthed kisses from her neck to her stomach.

She wanted to tell him that he was too cocky, bossing her around and bragging about how she would be screaming his name, but she was too turned on to do anything more than gasp each time his hot wet mouth touched her skin. He was arrogant, she figured, but probably also right.

“Watch me, kitten.”

Buffy lifted her head just in time to see him trace her bellybutton with his tongue. He slid his fingertips below the edge of her underwear and, without pulling his gaze from hers, started to pull them down. He dragged them very slowly down the entire length of her legs and didn’t look away from her eyes until her reached her feet which he untangled one at a time pausing to kiss the inside of each ankle. Then he started kissing his way back up her legs, slowly spreading them so that he could position himself between her knees. She knew where he was going, what he had planned, and it wasn’t right. “Spike.”

He kissed the inside of her knee. “Yes?”

“I don’t…don’t want you to do that.”

“Hmmm.” Not looking up, he kissed her thigh. “I think you do. I think you’re shy, which is bloody adorable, and you’re worried that I might want you to do the same, which I’d love but would never push on you.” He paused to kiss her thigh again before looking up at her. “It’s just a kiss. Don’t you like me kissing you?”

“Yes, but you’re too far away.” Her cheeks red, she ducked her head.

He reached up and cupped her cheek. “Tell me.”

“It’s my first time. I just want it to be with you, not like—I want to feel your arms around me and I want kiss you and I want it be for both of us.”

“I’m sorry, sweetheart.” He moved closer so he could kiss her forehead. “I just wasn’t thinking.”

“You don’t think it counts as sex.”

“I guess I don’t. It’s more like foreplay.”

She nodded. “But it’s different.”

“You’re right. I was—we don’t have to do anything. We could go rent a movie or—”

“That’s not what I said. I said it’s my first time.”

“Oh.” He kissed her again, hard and possessive. “Fuck.” He held the sides of her face so he could study her eyes. “Are you sure? I’ll wait.”

“Please. I want to be your girl.”

“You are my girl, my bossy, sexy little kitten. I’m not gonna let you get away—bloody well stuck with me now.” He nuzzled her neck and ran his hand down her stomach. “I want you so bad, baby, more than water, more than air.”

She couldn’t help but giggle. “Wow, that’s a lot.” She ran her hands up and down his back, enjoying the feel of his muscles moving beneath his skin. Her boyfriend, she thought with a grin, was kind of built.

“You have no idea.” He reached around his back and pulled one of her hands down. “Here.” He wrapped both of their hands around his cock and slid them up and down slowly until she took over. Then he reached for the drawer in his bedside table and felt around for the condoms he’d bought while in an unusually optimistic mood. He wished he’d thought to open the box ahead of time; pulling out a 40 pack could send the wrong message. It wasn’t easy, but he got the box open with one hand and pulled out a single foil package. He dropped it near the pillow and pulled her face close for a kiss.

“I’m pretty sure you have to actually put that on for it to work.”

“Yeah, yeah, smartass, in a little bit. Gotta get you all warmed up first.” He cupped her breast and nuzzled her neck, enjoying the sweet smell of her.

“Pretty warm already.” Tentatively, she rubbed her thumb across his tip. When he gasped, she did it again. “You seem warm too.”

“Fuck.” Spike closed his eyes and exhaled loudly. Even thoughts of the Queen Mum were no match against the feel of Buffy’s fingers. “That’s good—so good—might best-fuck-best stop.”

“No fun.”

“Is that so?” He slid his hand down her body and dipped a finger into her hot, wet channel.

“Oh! That is…really, really…” She felt his thumb circle her clit and she whimpered. “Oh, god.”

“I’ve never been someone’s first. I don’t want to let you down.”

“You won’t. Spike, please.”

“You’ll tell me if you want me to stop. I don’t want to hurt you.” He waited for her to nod and reached for the condom.

Buffy watched dazedly as a swirl of nerves and excitement churned in her stomach. The step she was about to take seemed both inconceivable and inevitable. She’d only known him for six weeks, had thought just that morning that she couldn’t stand him, and yet there was something in his eyes that made her feel safe and seen. She wanted him more than she could ever remember wanting anything.

He kissed her slowly and sweetly before guiding her into position and, resting his forehead against hers, slowly pushed in.

There was discomfort and an awkwardness that was nearly enough to pull her out of the moment, but his words—the constant whisper of endearments—kept hold of her until it passed.

After a moment, she urged him on with her hand on his back and the cautious rising of her hips towards his. It was spectacular, she decided, in giving herself to him she was more her own. She claimed her body; it was hers to share with whom she pleased. She heard his ragged breath, saw the pleasure in his eyes and that was hers too. She had given him that. The breasts she’d worried were too small were perfect in his hands. Her heels had new purpose pressed against his back. Her hand was stronger when their fingers intertwined. She was powerful and beautiful. She was wiser than she had been that morning, knew truths that were eternal. She had a lover.

He came, trembling, far sooner than he’d have hoped. “Buffy.”

“That was…” She smiled. “Kind of awesome—weird awesome.”

He chuckled hoarsely before kissing her nose. “You’re not done yet, love.” He pressed himself against her side, slide his leg between hers and used his fingers to stoke the kindling embers of her desire back to full flames. “Come for me, baby—my beautiful girl—let go and…”

“Oh!”

“There’s my girl. So bloody hot. Ride it out.” He pulled her closer and waited until her breathing evened out before he pulled away to deal with the condom.

She sat up, instantly alarmed by the loss of contact. “Spike?”

“Not going anywhere, love. I told you.”

She waited until he’d lied back down beside her and pulled her head onto his chest. “Told me what?” She snuggled closer, draping her arm across his waist.

“You’re stuck with me.”

“I think I can get used to that.”

He kissed the top of her head. “It’ll be better next time. I’ll—”

“It was perfect this time.”

He’d thought that she would doze off, that they both would, but she was surprisingly energetic. After only a few moments, she rolled onto her stomach and popped up on her elbows to study his face. Deciding that she seemed more thoughtful than anything else, he let his eyes close and simply enjoyed her nearness.

After a while. “You’re handsome.”

“Glad you think so.” He opened his eyes and grinned at her studious expression.

She reached up and touched the small silver bar that pierced the center of his left eyebrow. Somehow, she thought, his still wearing it made the rest of him seem more naked. “I like this.”

“Yeah?”

“Yup.”

“Only got it to cover the scar, you know—forget it’s there sometimes.” He didn’t know why he’d said it, immediately wished he could take back the words. He’d been too relaxed, too comfortable; he’d broken his own rule.

Buffy frowned and leaned closer. “What scar?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Spike.” She could see it now that she was looking, a few thin white lines that seemed to radiate from near the bar.

He sighed. “Stepdad number two thought I had a smart mouth—knocked me about a bit. No big deal except once I hit the fireplace and got bashed up a touch.” He frowned at her suddenly wide-eyed expression; it was exactly why he’d gotten the piercing. The whole look had evolved from that. It turns out an eyebrow piercing stands out too much on a boy with a button down shirt and shaggy brown hair. “Oh, don’t look at me like that. I’m not an afterschool special—been living with my uncle for years now. He’s a good bloke, bit boring with his tweed jackets and dusty old books, but we get on fine.”

“Oh.” Her hand came up to cover her mouth and her eyes stung.

“Please, pet. Don’t.” Spike wouldn’t be a victim. He’d gotten himself out of that house. At eight years old he’d turned his own folks in. He didn’t need pity; didn’t want anyone ever thinking that he was weak.

“I was jealous.” Her voice was a shaky whisper. “It was one of the reasons I was so—my parents would never let me do something like that and I felt all sorry for myself and jealous and you only did it because…” She blinked rapidly and turned away.

“Hey. Don’t do this. Everybody’s got a story—some kind of drama. There’s no point in trying to pick whose is sorriest. I don’t think about it. I’ve got a good thing going now—prettiest girl in town’s gonna let me take her out tomorrow.”

“What?” She pulled back and glared.

He laughed. “You, kitten. You are going to let me take you out on a proper date. After which I will bring you home and shag you like crazy.”

She smacked his shoulder. “You did that intentionally, you big jerk.” She grinned suddenly and laughed. “My parents won’t be home until Sunday night, maybe not even until Monday. They actually moved a seriously hot guy into their house and then went out of town for the weekend thus leaving said hotness alone with their teenage daughter.”

“Seriously hot?”

“Oh yeah.”

He laughed. “You know they won’t approve of this. I mean I’m fine as a temporary addition, a little too colorful but not actually a representation of them, so it’s fine. But I am definitely not good enough for their princess.”

Buffy, shocked by his perceptiveness, couldn’t disagree. “They’ll get over it. Really, they’ll forget about it as soon as Liam gives them something new to brag about. They might not even notice for a while if we don’t mention it.”

“They pay more attention to you than you think.”

She shrugged. “It doesn’t matter. It’s not that I don’t think they love me. I know they do…it’s just different than with Liam. He’s their favorite.”

“You’re my favorite.”

Buffy leaned close and kissed him. “Of course you think those hideous boots you wear are cool, so we know that your taste is questionable at best.”

“Oi. Those are classic Doc Martins. Besides, taste in clothes and taste in girls are two entirely different things. I have brilliant taste in girls.”

“I just realized that I’m starving.”

He laughed. “Post shag munchies.”

“Really? Is that a thing?”

“Sure. Burn off a lot of calories-need to refuel for another round.”

She stood up, gathered her clothes and started dressing. “I think I’m going to be a jealous girlfriend.” She really didn’t like the idea of his having had “another round” with someone else.

“Then I guess it’s a good thing all my exes are back in London and none were as pretty as you.”

“Really? None of the girls on the squad?” She stopped mid-buttoning her shirt to turn and look at him in surprise.

Spike tugged on a clean pair of jeans and walked over. “I told you.” He took over the buttoning of her top. “I’ve been yours since I got here.”

Buffy Summers had a great Senior year.