Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first time ever writing something like this so please let me know what you think!
Buffy has just divorced the only man she ever loved, he got the dog, and she is stuck in a hospital without cable TV; in other words life sucks! With nowhere to go but up and the help of her roommate she begins to tell her story. Follow Buffy on her road to self-discovery through the good the bad and funny. Along the wacky twists and turns of reliving her life she also might rekindle some old feelings for someone whom she once shared everything with; as she answers the time honored question of how did I get to this point in my life!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It hit me as I was walking from the courthouse on the way to my car; I am divorced from my husband the… only person whom I ever found attractive, the only one I ever loved, the one who I gave my virginity to, the one I was going to spend the rest of my life with, the one whom was going to father my children, the one that took me to prom, and the person whom I grew up with. Suddenly it sank in that he wouldn’t be there any more to dry my tears, to listen to my day, to validate my existence. In that instant the numb and the fog lifted. That fog that was over me since we had decided to get this divorce, then all I felt was pain. Pain, so much pain, to the point where I collapsed on the floor and dry heaved, because I was crying so hard on the sidewalk outside of the court house. That’s where Chris the security guard found me and called 911 to take me to the Hospital. At the Hospital they treated me for malnutrition because apparently in my foggy state I wasn’t eating…

I had a shared room in the Hospital with Veronika, whom was suffering from a fall down some stairs. We were both stuck there for the next three days without cable. It was in this kind of situation where you begin to ask yourself how in the world did I get here, not just what route did the ambulance take to the hospital; but how come I am in this place at this point in my life. So when Veronika asked me my life’s story, along with the nurses that treated me Marge, and Louis after I had the hysterical fit because Passions (his favorite show) came on the stupid hospital TV. Then I decided it was time to tell my story; maybe it would help me figure a few things out at the most or just keep us entertained at the very least… (I think they were all rather curious on why I would divorce US weekly’s most sexy man alive… and probably the best musician of the 21st century. I was actually surprised that even as his ex, there were no reporters swarming around waiting to get the details on my condition.)

“It all started many years ago when I was about ten years old in Sunnydale, California. There was a young boy, whom had just moved there from Suffix, England; and he was very handsome with short dirty blond hair that was spiked straight up and very blue eyes. He instantly became taken with me, a small girl who had huge green eyes and long blonde hair that reached my waist; though I didn’t know until much later. The boy had moved into the house across the street from me and my family with his parents Rupert and Jenny Giles and older sister Dawn”

“We first met each other when, Hank and Joyce (my parents) my brother Connor and I over to greet the new neighbors and bring some Mom’s homemade brownies. I was so excited to meet the new boy across the street, I was bouncing up and down as I rang the doorbell. Jenny answered the door I handed her the brownies and I felt very grownup handling the situation by myself. My Mother then asked Jenny if her son would like to play with me why the rest of the Giles’ were unpacking. Jenny was thrilled that William would make a friend before his first day at Sunnydale Elementary, especially one in his class so she readily agreed. William came downstairs after Jenny called for him and he saw the blonde girl from across the street. He was excited to meet me too! It was instant when we first looked into each other’s eyes this connection, which to this day I never experience with another person. As Jenny and Joyce hurried us kids outside to go play in the park they began the introductions. That’s when things began go downhill.

‘What’s your name?’ William asked me.”

“’Buffy’ I replied with a smile using the nickname my Mom gave me after I was born when I gripped her finger tightly”

Present Day

“Aww how cute…” all three girls exclaimed in unison.

“Yup” I said with a wry smile.

Back the Memeory

“William whom had never liked a girl before *me * replied
‘That’s a stupid name’”

“I was easily offended stepped on his foot and retorted with ‘My mother gave me that name! You… You stupid, Spikes haired person!’ Then, I ran off towards home leaving William all alone.”

Back to the Present

“Wait Marge replied that is how he got the name Spike what a letdown, I always assumed it was related to his package.” She said while wiggling her eyebrows.

“Oh it could, he does have quite a package” I admitted my face turning red.

Back to the Memory

“On the first Day of school William managed to befriend my best friends Willow and Xander. Xander was happy to have another guy in the group and Willow had a crush on William so she wanted him be in group. I was the only one with the problem, mainly because William and I had those pesky feeling towards one another *not that either one of them would admit it*.”

“Soon though, it became apparent that William *Spikes* and I behaved… well differently when you put us within the others line of vision. You see, it was a case of *young crush*, since being the stubborn children that we were neither of us would admit it anytime soon…. Nope we just settled for yelling at each over everything their fourth grader minds could argue about. I was what you would call a liberal, even as child I was very set in my beliefs of right and wrong, while Spikes (my nickname for him over his spikey like hair) liked to bait me! The only time we agreed on something is when Angel (the oldest boy in Mrs. Freeman’s class whom also had a crush on me at the time) would say something stupid to get my attention. William hated his guts with a passion rarely seen amongst ten year olds.”

“Mainly Spike (as he insisted everyone call him, not Spikes as I did) hated that I liked Angel better than him in fact; Spike also disliked Xander for the same reason.”
************************************************************************

“So the world was very perplexing, for us fourth graders in Mrs. Freeman’s advanced class; with all these crushes and nemesis’ it was only a matter of time before something happened…. Like on the annual field trip to Riley’s Farm.”
************************************************************************

“My Mom was the Head of Sunnydale Elementary P.T.A. and she always went on the fieldtrips. This year her group consisted of William, Xander, Andrew, Willow, Harmony, and me. The field trip this time to Riley’s farm was were the kids learned the ways of the old west from gold panning to candle making. Mom had her work cut out for her with her daughter and Spike’s never ending banter, to Willow and Xander who would follow their crushes around and, the prima donna’s that were Harmony and Andrew! At least Angel wasn’t in Mom’s group, because that would most likely result in a fight over me.”
************************************************************************

“When they boarded the bus I was ecstatic and Spike was talking with me, not arguing over what the life of a pioneer would be like. This made Mom smile she loved it when the two of us got along we were so alike, though we both denied it. It was nice for Mom, Dad and Jenny, Giles too, because the two neighboring couples had quickly become friends and spent a lot of time in each other’s company. The bus ride was filled with the constant chatter of Spike and I. We enjoyed getting along and were so involved in one another that we didn’t notice the pouts on Willow and Xander’s faces for being ignored.”
************************************************************************

“When we got off the bus Mom paired her groups in to buddies; Spike with me, Willow with Xander, and Harmony with Andrew. Surprisingly Spike and I were still getting along and happy to hold each other’s hands while walking through the rough terrain. We chatted and explored together making candles and panning for gold as a team and we actually panned the most gold. This caused quite a stir amongst everyone so used to us the *blonde duo* bickering. The teachers watched how we interacted and pulled Mom over, telling her that she better watch out, because that would be her future son-in-law. Mom laughed and agreed. Between all the quarrelling and the hand holding it was glaringly obvious that the two of us liked each other.”

Present

“They were right though” said Veronika.

“Yep I even invited them to the wedding, you should have seen his face when we got the RSVP’s it was something that I will never forget pure comical horror!”

Past memories
************************************************************************

“When Spike and I were finishing panning Angel came up to us as a pair, and Spike became defensive ‘what are you doing here ponce’ he asked frustrated that Angel ruined the moment that we sharing about our mutual love for dogs.”

“’Nothin’, just wanted to say hi to Buffy’ Angel responded”

“’Hi Angel, how is it going?’ I replied in what Spike thought to be a slightly flirty tone”

“’Great, Buff you want to be my buddy for the rest of the trip and ditch the foreign kid?’ Angel asked in a smug manner shooting Spike a glare”

“Before I could even answer for myself, Spike shoved Angel whilst telling him that ‘Buffy is my buddy, go back to Cordelia, you bloody berk’. Angel then chose to shove Spike back, towards the rather deep creek. This got Spike angry, he then chose to punch Angel is his poofter nose. After Angel feel to the ground holding his nose, he used a few choice words that would have earned him a detention if Mrs. Freeman would have heard. I watched in shock from behind Spike, not wanting to get involved because my Mom was there and would have my hide if I got in a fight. Angel then, proceeded to push Spike again, this time though Spike bumped in to me causing me to fall into the creek and hit my head. Neither boy saw this as they began to wrestle for dominance over each other; although my Mother heard the screams as the other children witnessed my subsequent fall into the water.”

Present

“Were you okay” asked Louis.

“I was fine. I just have a very reasonable fear of water now.”

Past

“Mom rushed to me pulling her out of the water while Mrs. Freeman pulled the boys apart. Spike rushed to Mom’s side helping her prop my head up as, Mom performed CPR to help me start breathing again. As I began to cough and sputter I regained consciousness. Mom sighed with relief and she hugged me close. Spike hugged them too he was so worried about me. Mom thanked him for his help; all she cared about was that her baby was okay. Angel cried to Mrs. Freeman that it wasn’t his fault and she needs to punish Spike, he wasn’t to blame for the fight (Angel wasn’t at all worried for my wellbeing).”

“That trip to Riley’s left me with ever growing feelings for Spike, a healthy fear of water and a new reason to dislike Angel. It left Spike confused over his developing feelings for me, and gave him a personal vendetta against Angel. It left Angel upset that he was punished, mad that I wouldn’t talk to him anymore, and hating the embarrassment he received from getting his butt kicked by Spike.

Present

“Woo Hoo go Spike” Marge supplied.


Chapter End Notes:
If you have any comments or constructive criticisms I would love to hear them!