Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry that it took me so long to update again I went to visit my family for fathers day! I will update at least twice a week now! Thanks to Sibb and Gopher 101 for reviewing you guys made my day! Just so you know review help make it so our favorite characters can get together faster!

“No amount of grounding though could ever redo the damage that Spike had caused me…”
**************************************************************************

“When the Giles clan arrived at home along with the band so they could collect their possessions from the sleepover and wait for their parents to pick them up no one was talking to Spike. Across the street Willow with the help of my parents had finally been able to track me down crying behind the Sun Cinema and take me home. Mom was furious at Spike who she normally liked, for hurting her baby girl and Dad was ready to go over and yell at the boy that dared to cause his daughter so much pain. Willow however, felt horrible for not knowing how the boy would react to the prank that they pulled on him.”

“I felt raw inside, they boy who I had a crush on for three years had just publically called her ugly, flat and homely. I had never felt so unattractive before. My stupid crooked nose and my bug like eyes, how had I never noticed no wonder he didn’t like me and found me appalling.”

Present

“You are not appalling” they exclaimed!

Past
****************************************************************************

“Spike was trying hard to justify his actions to himself because after the fact it was hard to explain how hurting me was right. He just wanted to pull another prank but this time he went too far doing it in front of his and my parents and in a public space. He just couldn’t deal with my beautiful green eyes looking up in admiration so he went through with his plan singing that song that he wrote when everyone went to sleep Friday night. He didn’t even think I was ugly and now he ruined his band. Spike sighed he had a lot of apologizing to do. ”
******************************************************************************

“Mom woke me early the next morning to take me out, we went shopping and got me a new fashionable wardrobe, my hair cut and highlighted to make it a softer blonde, my eyebrows done so they weren’t quite so bushy and some more grown up make up that I could wear. Even though I had already made a lot of changes to myself, Mom took me out to help my increase self-confidence and show her daughter how pretty she was on the outside because I didn’t feel that way.”

“It worked for the most part I returned to Revello Drive feeling pampered and pretty. That is, until Spike decide to come over.”

Present

“He better apologize” replied Marge.

“Oh he will...”

Past
******************************************************************************

“Spike had spent the whole day and all of last night dreading facing me, he knew that he had taken it too far and was worried that I would never talk to him again. Spike wished more than anything that he could take it back that he had never sung that stupid song in the first place.”

“So now the time had come for him to apologize. This was a very defining moment for him; it was not at all under his control only mine.”

“Spike had called every one of his friends and apologized profusely, telling them that he wanted to get back for the hair thing and her was so sorry for doing that to them and to me. They all agreed to grudgingly forgive him for his transgressions even Willow. Spike however, was nervous that the most important one wouldn’t go well. He had also apologized to Dad who accepted and patted the boy on the back. Remembering fondly the days when he would chase Mom around pulling her hair, he all too well knew the aggravation of young love.”
******************************************************************************

“Spike and I spotted each other at the same time Spike offered and grim smile and I ducked my head feeling self-conscious around him. As Spike made his way over towards me, his breath hitched. I looked beautiful… When I looked up I felt a pang Spike was staring at me almost reverently… ‘So’…he began.”

“’Yup’ I replied nervously”

“’Buffy, I am so sorry for everything for all the notes that I passed and all of the tricks that I played and if there was anything that I could take back it would be last night you never deserved that. I love you as a friend (he was too afraid to admit his feelings as of yet) and even though I am so stupid sometimes I can still see how beautiful you are compared to anyone you shine your also smart and passionate. It was meant to be a stupid prank for the hair because I in no way meant to hurt you I took it to far. Please accept my apology, you were the first person I met here and you’re my favorite person to argue with… please Buffy I am so sorry I will do anything!’”

“’Well’ I thought about how sincere and desperate Spike sounded and how much I liked him…”

“’Okay, but you can never do anything like that again and you have to be nice to me because I won’t forgive you next time. Also write me a nice song!’”

“Spike leaped forward ad pulled me into a bear hug whilst murmuring apologies into my sweet blonde hair (his word not mine).”

“Right then in there is when Spike fell deeply in love with Buffy Anne Summers; right then is when he promised himself that someday she would become Buffy Anne Giles.”

Present

“He mentioned that in our vows” I said wistfully. Then I felt the searing pain that we were no longer married.

“Oh sweetie” they all said, and the nurses got up to give me a hug. Veronika sat there offering silent support.


Chapter End Notes:
Review please (for the sake of sounding redundant)!