Author's Chapter Notes:
It's not my first fic. I've written many , over the years. But this is a new style I'm trying out. I actually wanted to wait, since I have a habit of not finishing things, but nyah.
Let me know if you guys like it and I'll post more :D

I also want to dedicate this story to my friend Steph. She's been my one true fan throughout the years and she still wants to pick my brain :o Love you sweetums!

The story title is from the song strangers by the Kinks
SUNNYDALE, SEPTEMBER 2ND, 1991

William Pratt was holding his mother's hand, looking at the screaming and playing children in front of him.

"Do I really have to go mummy?" He asked wide-eyed.

His mother smiled down at her slip of a son. He was so small and shy. "Yes, William. You'll make new friends in no time."

"I don't like it here, mum. It's all sunny and bright. I wanna go back to Bristol." Tears started to form in his blue eyes.

His mother picked him up and looked him in the eyes. "You need sunshine to grow into a healthy strong boy. Don't you want that?"
The boy nodded, tears streaming down his face.

"Why are you crying?" When they looked a tiny blonde girl with friendly hazel eyes was looking up at them.

She put her son down and bend over to the little girl. "William is a little bit scared. What's your name?"

"El-el-li-la-buth." The girl struggled to pronounce her name, "But the teacher calls me Lizzie."

The older woman smiled. "Well Lizzie, do you want to show William around?"

The girl nodded and grabbed the little boy's hand. He looked a little uncertain, but went with her anyway.
________________

SUNNYDALE, 25TH OF JULY, 2000

"Lizzie..."

"Hmm?"

The two teenagers were lying head by head in William's backyard, staring at the sky.

"Will we still be friends in high school?"

Lizzie giggled, "Of course silly. We're friends forever, right?"

"Right." William said contently, all worries forgotten.
________________

SUNNYDALE, 15TH OF DECEMBER, 2002

"Lizzie! Did you hear?" Cordelia strode up to her blond friend. The girl looked up from her locker.

"Hear what?" She asked with a confused face.

"William and his buddies are informing the entire school that you have VD."

Anger, frustration and vengefulness were immediately going into battle to gain control of Lizzie's brain.

"He did what?"

Cordelia pointed at the mouse brown head in the middle of the crowd. Everyone who would listen was gathered around him, talking animatedly about the supposed disease Lizzie had.

The girl in question snorted, "Mister Pratt is in for a world of hurt."
________________

SUNNYDALE, 2ND OF FEBRUARY, 2003

Over Christmas break most people had forgotten the VD incident. Lizzie however had not. She had used her time thinking of a way to get back at William Pratt. He was a dick and deserved to be punished.

A lot of girls thought that Mr. Pratt was a 'dreamboat'. He had curly brown hair, high cheeks bones, bluer than blue eyes. He was rich, wrote poetry and extremely well toned due to being on the swimteam.

It made him more than popular with the ladies. He wasn't a notorious playboy, but it couldn't help to make other girls think he was a sleaze bag.

Liz had played with the notion of posting nude pictures of his 5 year old self around the school, but she felt like that was a bridge to far. What was in the past shouldn't be dragged into their vendetta.

So on Monday she marched right up to him, slapped him across the face. "How could you do that?!"

William half expecting he was getting it for the whole VD thing and was surprised when she started yelling about Harmony and how he'd broke her heart by cheating on her multiple times and lying to her face about it, even though she had pictures to prove it and he knew that. Her friend Harmony confirmed the story and the pictures of him with someone other than Harmony.

In truth he and Harmony never dated and the pictures were him photo shopped with some girl they'd found on the internet.

It worked however. He couldn't get a date for the next 3 months.
________________

SANTA MONICA, 1ST OF JULY, 2004
11:30 PM


Her lips crashed into his with passion. Hands were everywhere. They didn't know which ones belonged to who.

He broke away to look into her hazel eyes. "This changes nothin', love."
She rolled her eyes, "Preaching to the choir."

He smirked and continued. He slowly removed her blouse and hiked up her skirt. His fingers grazed her panties. She gasped a little, unbuttoning his pants.

He removed her panties. He was on the verge of slipping a finger into her when she stopped him. "We agreed no foreplay, only penis and vagina sex. So no meaningful staring into each other's eyes while cumming or whatever."

He shrugged. He'd wanted to torment her a bit, since he was so good at it. But this way had its perks too. Otherwise she would've tortured him right back. And he wasn't a big fan of that.

He pulled out his erection and put a condom on. Then he pushed her back and started kissing her neck. Eventually he sank into her.
________________

SANTA MONICA, 2ND OF JULY, 2004
0:45 AM


They were lying head by head, staring at the sky.

"I can't believe we did that," She sighed, "if you ever tell anyone...!"

"What then, princess?" He smirked, obviously amused.

"I'll make you wish you were never born." She simply said.

He shrugged. It didn't matter anyway. She was going to Brown in Rhode Island, while he was going back to the mother country, to attend Cambridge. It's not like they would ever see each other again.
________________

NEW YORK CITY, 3RD OF MAY, 2011

Spike looked at his phone. The adress Willow had texted him, made no sense. When he asked around it turned out he only needed to cross the street. A lovely middle aged lady let him in. Willow had told him the spare key was on the hallway lamp next to her door.

He pried it off carefully, but wasn't surprised when it turned out the door was unlocked. She had also told him her roommate might be there.

He put down his bag near the door and looked at his watch. Red would be working till 5. It was only 2 now. He decided to sit down on the couch, maybe take a nap.

Somewhere in the apartment the shower was going. After about 5 minutes it stopped. 10 minutes later a tiny girl with dark brown hair came out of the bathroom, clad in a fluffy blue robe.

She looked a little surprised when she saw a man with platinum blond hair sitting on her couch. But Willow had informed her that her guest would arrive today.

"You must be Spike," she smiled, extending her hand.

He looked up and shook her hand. "You're Buffy, right? Red can't talk about anyone else."

The found something familiar in each other's eyes, but neither of them could pin point what it was.


Chapter End Notes:
Let me know if you like it and I'll continue!