Author's Chapter Notes:
First off I want to thank Lucy, Spuffygirl, Photographynut, Demona424 and Anna for their lovely reviews. You guys just rock ^^

I also want to say that I'm not happy with this chapter, because I can't seem to find the exact right tone. The outline will stay the same, but at some point in the future I will do a rewrite.

This chapter is a long one and it's written from both Buffy and Spike's POV.

I hope you enjoy it ^^

The title is a song by Maria Taylor and you should definitely check it out.
NEW YORK CITY, 3RD OF MAY, 2011
2:30 PM


After Buffy had introduced herself to the new guest she'd wen to get dressed. She had told Spike to just make himself at home, get the lay of the land.
She'd finally settled on a white top and a black skirt. When she was all good and ready she went back out. Spike had unpacked his bags a little and was reading a book.

Buffy smiled and sat down in her chair. "So... You're Willow's cousin right?"
"Yup. Our mothers are sisters," he replied, putting a marker in his book and closing it.
"How come you have an accent and Willow doesn't?" She was playing with the hem of her skirt. He smirked a little, "I've lived in England until I was 5. Willow's lived her all her life."
"Makes sense, " she replied, "So where did you live before Cambridge?"
"California."
She looked up, "Really? Me too! Grew up not far from L.A. Sunnydale." Buffy didn't really think it would ring a bell, but hey, you never know right?

Suddenly he looked at her really intensely, his eyes reduced to slits. She stared back. And then it hit her. It all came to her in flash. She'd seen that look a thousand times over. She gasped, her eyes grew wide as saucers.
That look made realisation dawn on him.
"William!"
"Elizabeth!"

"You're related to Willow?" Buffy asked him.
"Duh, I just told you. I can't believe you're her roommate," Spike snapped back, looking a little disgusted. Then he started chuckling, "Oh. You're good."
She was confused, "What?"
"One last trick, ey? Ruin my life completely."
She snorted. "Are you on drugs? Like I'd go through an elaborate ploy to spite you, 7 years after high school!"

He had to admit, that was very far fetched. But still...
"You were supposed to go to Brown!" He accused.
"I lied!" Spike got up and started pacing around.
"Un-bloody-believable."
Buffy followed him with her eyes. "You tell me."
"The last person I want to see! And of course she shows up when I'm trying to get my life in order." He wasn't talking to her anymore. He was looking at the ceiling while pacing around. She assumed he was having a one-sided conversation with god.

Buffy got up and went into the kitchen to get something to drink and to get her head in order. With the discovery all the feelings she had about him, good and bad had come rushing in. She always assumed she was over it. It had been years since she'd had violent fantasies about him. She only used his head when she was kickboxing. If that wasn't closure, what was?

Spike was furious with the universe. He'd come to New York to recreate a new life and to be near his favorite family member. He'd come here to get away from everything in his past, so of course the past just had to be best friends with Willow. Perfect sense! Not.

He was still pacing when she came back in, a coke in hand. She took a sip and put it down on the coffee table.
He turned around to see her sitting, staring at him. He sat down across from her. When he started really looking he noticed she was nothing like the scrawny chit she was in high school. She'd become more round and curvy, her clothing style was a little more mature and gone were the sunny locks. Instead it was a chocolate brown.

She noticed that he'd become broader since high school. More muscles. His curly brown hair was now slicked back and peroxide blonde. And gone were the surfer like clothes. He was now all black and 'punk'.

They stared at each other for a long while. Buffy was going over the things she wanted to say to him in her head; insults mostly.
Spike was doing the same. He was also thinking about why some higher power was fucking with him this way. At these moments he always believed in a deity, because in an uncontrolled world this shit didn't happen.

Finally, Buffy was thinking of what to do. Willow was supposed to be home in a few hours and she didn't want her friend to suffer under their animosity.
"I have a proposition."
"Big words. I'd almost think you're smart."
"Shut up, dillhole," She said, irritated, "Willow can't know that we know each other."
"How did you come to that conclusion?" He was leaning forwards now. His elbows were on his knees and his head was leaning in his hands. His eyes were fixed on her.
"Willow is my best friend and your... best cousin. Just because we're mortal enemies or whatever doesn't mean she has to suffer. It's best if we just avoid each other and try to be civil."

He nodded slowly. As much as he hated to admit it, the bint did have a point. "Fine. But don't expect us ever to be friends."
She let out a throaty laugh that contained nothing but disdain. "Like I could ever be friends with you."
Spike snorted, "Like you're such a great catch."

All of a sudden her facial expression changed. She was smiling, but it wasn't friendly. He could only describe it as plain evil. With a low voice she said, "You didn't seem to think that in Santa Monica."
He winced. She just couldn't leave that one mistake alone. They were drunk, it was a thing, get over it.
Buffy watched him get up and reach into the pocket of his dusters for something. After a few seconds he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a zippo.
"Outside, fire escape," she immediately ordered.

He shrugged. Up tight bitch.
_____________________

5:45 PM

Buffy was reading a magazine. Spike was still out on the fire escape. He'd only come back in to grab a book and something to drink. It was nice out, so it didn't bother him.
She followed him with her eyes whenever he was moving around her, like he might kill her or rob her blind. He wouldn't be surprised if she actually thought he would.

Buffy on the other hand was going over all the pieces of information she'd gotten from Willow about him and didn't understand she hadn't realized it sooner. Willow had told her that her cousin had lived in a small town near L.A. That he used to be this really popular kid, but changed when he went to Cambridge. Not to mention that he had a feud going on with some girl at his old high school.
And she remembered seeing this tiny red haired girl at Christmas many years ago, William's cousin.

Finally Willow came in and Buffy felt relieved. She was going to tell her that she felt sick and didn't want to go to dinner with her and Spike.
_____________________

Buffy should've known. You couldn't say 'no' to Willow. It was physically impossible. Everything went okay though, up until the devil spawn remark.

Spike couldn't help it. It felt unnatural to say nothing offensive towards Buffy. Sure they'd made subtle remarks and all that jazz, but that wasn't quite as satisfying as saying it outright to her face. Buffy got a flustered, but that only made him enjoy it more.

When Willow went to the bathroom, she kicked him hard in the shins. "You ass!" she hissed.
Spike looked pained and rubbed his legs. "What was that for?" he whispered back.
She kicked him again, but this time not out of frustration. Just because she wanted to. "We're not supposed to act like that in front of Willow!"
"I'm sorry, pet, I let myself slip up. I won't do it again."
Buffy pressed her lips together and seemed to be thinking. "I know it's hard, but let's just make with the friendlies. I don't want Willow to be as uncomfortable as she was before."

"Yeah... we were so mean she came out a second time." Spike chuckled when he thought of it, but abrubtly stopped when Buffy shot him her famous death glare.
_____________________

"I'm going to bed, early day," Buffy declared as soon as she stepped over the threshold. Neither Spike nor Willow tried to stop her.

She went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and in her room she quickly replaced her clothes for her cotton payama's, the ones with cows. She crawled in bed and closed her eyes. But Mister Sandman was nowhere near.
Her brain kept going over the entire surrealistic day. She still couldn't believe that William was in her apartment. She hated him, still. He was also still really attractive. Actually, he had grown to be sexier over time. The whole vintage 70's look worked for him. And she didn't mind his clothes were old, because that meant it was easier to rip them off. Oh, how she wanted to.
_____________________

After Willow and Buffy had left, Spike had settled on the couch. He turned on the TV and flipped the channels. He finally settled on Casablanca, one of his all time favorite movies. He couldn't concentrate however. His thoughts kept wandering back to Buffy. He hated her, yes. But that didn't stop him from finding her unbelievably hot. Although he thought the brown hair didn't suit her, she had become more curvy over the years. It made his mouth water and his jeans feel a hell of a lot tighter.

He was contemplating on going to the bathroom to do some self loving when he heard behind him, "Casablanca? Again?"
"It's a great movie, pet." He replied, keeping in a groan of frustration. Buffy sat down next to him. She pulled in her legs and leaned to the side.
Jesus, he thought to himself, she makes cow pajamas look sexy.

Buffy looked at him, eying his abs and his shoulders. Then she moved a little upwards to his neck. It looked so good she wanted to sink her teeth into it. She couldn't help but lick her lips.

"What?" He asked a little annoyed. He didn't know what to do. Keep watching his movie or jump her.
"Nothing..." she replied. Little did he know, she was thinking pretty much the same thing. Eventually she turned away from him and focussed on the screen. It was really hard. And did she imagine it, or was it really hot in her livingroom?

Spike shifted around uncomfortably. The erection in his pants wasn't getting any less and Buffy sitting next to him all sexy and flushed wasn't really helping. He looked at her from his periphery, but glanced away quickly, when she did the same.

"Why you up?" He asked casually.
"Couldn't sleep." She replied. She started playing with the locks of her brown hair. He knew that move. That was the move that made Santa Monica happen.
Sod it, he thought.

Spike turned his head to her casually, like nothing was going on. She did the same. Their eyes locked. In the blink of an eye, he had scooted over and smashed his face into hers. She gasped a little in surprise, but started kissing him back. Hands were every where. After a while, he pulled her on top of him. She tried to move onto his lap, but in the process of moving and furiously making out she knocked something over, which landed with a loud thud! They both cringed.

"Spike? You okay?" sounded from Willow's bedroom.
"Fine," Spike replied, feeling out of his wits, "Just dropped some things."
It was quiet for a bit. But then his cousin said, "Night,"
"Night, red."

Before he could do anything, Buffy was back in her bedroom. Spike also came to his senses. This was stupid and didn't want to go down that road again.


Chapter End Notes:
Ooooh the excitement. I can barely contain myself. If you're still confused; it will make sense at some point.

I hope you liked it :D I always appreciate reviews. Don't be scared to be critical!