Author's Chapter Notes:
Here you are, another chapter for your viewing pleasure, hugs to all of you who read this story and take the time to review. I do want to say: I know this is an emotional subject and can touch nerves, please to try remember this is fiction, and every situation is different. I wouldn’t write about this if I had no understanding of the subject matter. It would speak poorly of me as writer and make me insensitive as a person. Thanks to Abby and Diebirchen for the beta. Thanks to Minx Delovely for giving me her honest and valued opinion on things and to Edgehead for the cool banner.
In Buffy's eyes, yesterday was the equivalent of an emotional tsunami. Her thoughts and feelings ranged from one end of the spectrum to the other, and at the end of the day she didn't know which way was up. She had to get a handle on things this morning and let William know there could be no caresses and kisses. Those things would just distract her from helping him.



But God, just the thought of it made her heady! After only half a day, she was addicted to his mouth and hands. The things they were capable of! He hadn't even touched her anywhere beneath her clothes, with the exception of her stomach, where he lazily traced imaginary patterns with his long, talented fingers while kissing and nipping her mouth. He made her feel like he wanted to devour her. It was so intense, almost frightening, but incredibly exciting at the same time.



Buffy could still feel the heat from his touch when she closed her eyes. Feel his warm breath on her neck, as he gently bit her pulse point. Jeez, at this rate she might jump him as soon as she saw him.



Buffy shook her head. She had to get ahold of herself, because they had work to do. She was going to talk to him as soon as she saw him. She had to be firm in her resolve. They had a little more than a week before they left for the lecture tour, and she needed to make sure everything was in place. The contact from every venue needed to be called, just to make sure everything was readied and that ticket sales were good. All the hotel reservations needed to be confirmed, and she had to phone her mom, so they could to set up a time to get together.



She was so excited for her family to meet William. Buffy never brought anyone home from college. There had never been anyone. She had dated Drew in high school for about six months, but they were more friends than anything. They ended things on a good note, and he even went to M.I.T., but they somehow lost touch. Funny how things like that happened.



You have got to pull it together. He is not your boyfriend.



Buffy was startled out of her musings when she felt two strong hands grasp her hips and warm breath tickle her ear.



"Love, you going to hold that cup all morning, or are you actually going to pour yourself some coffee?" William playfully nipped her earlobe after the question. "Well?"



Buffy thought she might jump out of her skin. "God, William, are you trying to give me a heart attack?"



She poured her coffee, trying her best to have a steady hand then turned to face him, thinking now was a good time to tell him, but instead she smiled coyly and said, "When did you become Mr. Stealth?"



William grinned lasciviously. "Oh, you have no idea, kitten," he said, in an overly dramatic sexy voice.



They looked at one another and both burst out laughing. "You weren't quite buying my stealth line then?" He looked at her, his bottom lip protruding the tiniest bit.



Buffy poked him in the chest. "The delivery gave it away. I can't believe you're pouting. What are you, five?" She let her palm rest in the middle of his chest, feeling the muscle flex beneath his shirt, as he brought his hands up to capture it.



William took her coffee cup from her other hand and set it on the counter. "I wasn't pouting. I'm a grown man for Christ's sake. I think you thought I was just trying to get you to kiss me." He pulled her to him. "By the way, you looking very fetching this morning," William said, kissing the tip of her nose.



Great, just great. God! Why can't I stop this?



She chose the black dress with an empire waist and three-quarter length sleeves, because she hoped it would be less flattering, but apparently, she chose wrong. "Thank you, but this seems a little demure for your tastes," Buffy said, making a feeble attempt to pull away from him.



William chuckled and leaned back to look down at her. "Well, it does leave a lot to the imagination, but it also highlights some of your lovely assets quite nicely."



Buffy thwaped him on the chest. "How skeevy are you?" Her cheeks warmed, and she looked away.



William hooked a finger under her chin and pulled her head back to face him. "Oi! I'm not skeevy. I'm just a bloke appreciating a bird's legs and the fine view the top of your dress has given me, but if that offends you I'll keep my gob shut."



We're in dangerous territory here. Okay, Buffy you've got to—



Buffy saw a flash of what she thought was insecurity, color his features, and she hated it. She touched his cheek, stroking it with the pad of her thumb. "Y-you like the view? You don't find it a little—I don't know—sparse?"



William smirked as he looked down and said, "I think it's bloody perfection."



He ran the tip of his index finger over the swell of one breast, dipping into the valley between them then giving the second breast the same treatment. Buffy felt as though her heart stopped beating, and no air was reaching her lungs. She just stared at him, her eyes wide and unblinking.



"Um, all right," she said, when she was finally able to speak. "On that note, I think I need to get started with actual work, and I believe you have some personal calls to make."



By this time, she'd inched her way back to the counter and was now holding her coffee cup protectively in front of her with both hands.



William grinned and shook his head. "Sure, love, you win. I'll go call the medical exchange and see who I can find, and you get started on your work." He walked toward her and bent down next to her ear. "Give us a kiss for luck?" he whispered.



She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and lightly kicked his shin. "Now, shoo! I've got work to do."



William pretended to hobble out of the room. "Jesus, Summers, you've really got to curb that violent streak," he said, as he was leaving.



Buffy took a deep breath, set her coffee cup down, and rubbed her temples. She could feel a major headache coming on. This was a bajillion times harder than she thought it would be. As he ran his finger across her breasts, she imagined it was his warm, pointed tongue, and her knees almost buckled. It was all she could do not to yank him by the hair and pull him to her chest. She was either going lose all semblance of control or spontaneously combust, neither was a good choice in her mind.



Right now, distance was a good thing, and Buffy went into the office and found the email Eric sent with the final details. Their flight left at eight fifteen Monday morning—ouch—so they would need to leave the apartment no later than five forty-five, or traffic would be nightmare. They were due to arrive in Seattle at eleven fifteen, and that meant they could go to the hotel then have a nice lunch. After lunch, they could go by the theater if William wanted to check out the acoustics. She would ask him then speak with Carol, the venue manager, to arrange it if necessary.



William sat in his bedroom staring at his laptop, willing his uncomfortable erection to go away. He was convinced Buffy was going to be the one to do him in. She was flirty one minute and all business the next. She said she wanted to take things slowly, but he had a hard time keeping his hands to himself.



William knew she wanted him too; he could tell by the way she responded to him, especially last night. They'd made out on the couch like a pair of sodding teenagers. He wanked off twice before he was able to go sleep. He'd just have to be patient and let Buffy come to him. William wondered how long that would take and if a person could die of sexual frustration.



He typed in the name of the medical exchange, since his insurance provider would allow him to see whomever he chose. The website had a list a mile long, so he thought he would call and ask for some help. He dialed the number and waited.



"Greater Boston Medical Exchange. This is Joan. How may I help you?" Came a friendly female voice with heavy Boston accent.



"Yes, hello, Joan. I wonder if you could help me. I'm looking for a therapist, but this website is a bit overwhelming." William ran a hand over his face.



"Certainly, sir. What kind of therapy are you looking for?" Joan's voice was neutral and not condemning.



"Well, the therapy's not for me. It's for my wife. She has some unresolved issues with her parents, but both are dead, and I'm afraid she may have a drinking problem."



"I see," Joan said, sympathetically. "Let me see who we have here."



William waited on the line wondering what made him lie to this woman.



"Oh, here we are," Joan said after a few minutes. "This fellow is new to the area, but I've heard wonderful things about him. The problems your wife is having are his specialty. Would you like his name and number?"



"Yes, please, that would be brilliant, thank you." William grabbed a pen and paper.



William jotted down the information, wondering what the hell he was going to say to this fellow if he actually got up the courage to call him.



Joan cleared her throat. "Sir, did you get that?"



"What? Oh, sorry. Yes, I have it." William repeated the information back to her. "Thank you, Joan, you've been very helpful, good bye."



He rang off and stared at the phone.



Okay, you stupid sod, you can dial a number. You promised you'd do it, and she won't stay unless you do. Time to bite the bullet, wanker.



He dialed the number and let it ring. Thank God, he wasn't going to have to talk to a person. The voicemail picked up and an upbeat guy's voice announced himself as William's would-be therapist. "Hiya, I'm sorry I can't take your call. I'm either not in or with a client. Leave your name and number, and I will call you back as soon as humanly possible. If you'd like to email me, send your message to wolverine ninety-eight at z-mail dot com. Thanks for calling, and have a swell day."



Jesus, this guy sounded like an enormous git, but William left his name and number just the same. He knew Buffy would be brassed if he didn't, and he really did want the help. It was the actual talking part that bothered him. Why couldn't he just talk to Buffy? He knew she was prettier, and he was positive she smelled better, plus he could hold her in his lap while he talked to her and run his fingers through her hair. She'd lean against his shoulder, and he could smell the wonderful scent of her perfume. What was it again? Vintage Gardenia by Jo Malone, she'd said. He'd have to go out and get her some bath stuff as a present. She said they sold it at Saks.



Christ! Now, he was hard again. William went into the bathroom, unbuckling his belt on the way. His jeans half down, he grabbed some lotion, squeezing a bit into his palm to lubricate his cock. Images of Buffy began to play in his mind. Her hands stroking him, her mouth engulfing him, taking him all the way in, sucking and licking in time with her measured strokes. Soon, he was gasping and whispering her name as he came hard, shooting onto the counter.



After he caught his breath, he grabbed a cloth from the cupboard to clean both himself and the counter. He tucked himself in and washed his hands. He thought he'd go see what Buffy was up to.



William found her in the office doing some paperwork. "Hey, are you busy?"



Buffy looked up from her computer and over to him, where he was slouched in the doorway. "No, not especially. I was just firming up some things for next week. You're not going to be happy with how early we're leaving Monday, but it will give us time to see a little of Seattle and for you to check out the venue if you want. Just let me know."



He noticed she didn't mention anything about his calls. "You know me too well, but at least I can sleep on the plane. Yeah, I'd like to see the place before hand, see how big it is, what it sounds like." He began to walk toward her. "Oh, I found a guy. He wasn't available, but I left a message, so I'm just waiting to hear back from him." Buffy seemed to brighten at this bit of news. "Have you talked to your mom?" He leaned against the desk with his arms folded and looked down at her.



Buffy rolled her chair closer to him, smiling warmly, but she kept her hands clasped in her lap. "I was going to call her later this afternoon after I talked to you. We get there at eleven forty-five, and your lecture is at seven, so it's up to you. I'm glad you called. Did he—I don't know, sound like you'd like him?"



William struggled with what to say about the therapist. "I really couldn't get a feel for him over the phone. I guess I'll just have to meet him in person. He does sound young though, so he's not some stuffy old windbag." He clapped his hands together. "Why don't you call your mum, and you two work out something? You take whatever time you need. I'll be fine. I know you're excited about seeing them, and I just want you to be happy."



Buffy's brow furrowed, and she seemed confused. William didn't know what the hell was going on. "Buffy, am I missing something? Did you think I was going to make you work the whole time? I'm not that big of an arse, as long as you're back in time for the event we'll be fine."



Buffy looked up at him and her face was a little flushed. She smoothed her dress over her crossed legs as though it was terribly wrinkled. "Yes—I mean no. I assumed you were coming with me—"



William interrupted her and hoped he didn't sound too shocked. "Oh, I didn't know. I didn't think I'd be included in dinner or hanging out with your family. I mean I thought I might meet them if they came to the lecture, but—"



He suddenly found Buffy's arms around his neck. He put his hands on her hips and pulled her close. "My mom would kill me if you didn't come with. I think she's a fangirl," she whispered conspiratorially. "She's asked me all sorts of questions about you." Buffy started giggling.



William smirked and shook her gently. "So you mum has good taste in men then. What's so bleeding funny?"



Buffy brought her forehead up from where it rested on his chest. She blushed, but said with a straight face. "Once, she wanted me to ask you what a knobhead was."



William quirked an eyebrow at the statement and laughed. "Why ever would she do that, love?"



Buffy grinned and rolled her eyes. "Well, apparently, Mr. Smarty Pants, you referred to Bret Easton Ellis as one in an interview."



William threw back his head and roared with laughter. "I can't wait to meet her. She sounds delightful, but I hope you explained the definition, because I'm not having that conversation with your mum."



Buffy grinned and had that twinkle in her eye that he knew was no good. "Nope," she said, her grin widening, "I thought it would be fun for you to give her a personal Q&A."



TBC



I hope you enjoyed this chapter and will let me know how much. It thrills me to hear from you.