Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi, remember me? Well, I’m terribly sorry for not posting sooner, but to make it up to you, I’m going to post this chapter then another tomorrow. I do hope this will garner favor with you. Big hugs and thanks you’s to all who read and review. Thanks to Abby and Diebirchen for the beta. Thanks to Minx Delovely for giving me her honest and valued opinion on things and to Edgehead for the cool banner
William slouched in his chair as he watched Buffy look over a sheet of paper with pen in hand, idly twirling it and occasionally mouthing the tip. They were in the office going over the arrangements for next week's tour. She was either completely oblivious or the world's biggest cocktease. William knew it was more than likely the former.

They had another heavy make-out session last night, and it ended with him on his bed, stroking himself to completion, her taste still on his tongue, as visions of her bucking against his hand and moaning his name bombarded his brain.

William thanked the pizza guy and closed the door. His phone began to ring as he walked into the living room, so he dropped the box on the table and answered it. Much to his dismay, it was the therapist calling to let him know he had an opening the following day at three o'clock. He jotted down the address, rang off, and sat down, putting his head in his hands.

Buffy walked in carrying some plates, napkins, and a couple cans of soda. She sat beside him and put her hand on his shoulder. "William, what's the matter? Who was on the phone?"

William squeezed her knee and smiled half-heartedly.

"Nothing, I'm fine, just a bit tired." He pretended to stretch. "That was the therapist. He says he can see me tomorrow afternoon at three. Aren't you pleased?" He asked, trying to sound cheerful.

Buffy handed him a slice of pizza, and took one for her. "Yes, I think that's great, but the bigger question is, are you pleased? This is not about me," she said, and then took a bite of her pizza.

William swallowed and picked at the toppings on his slice. "Well, I'm ready to move forward," he said, hoping that would be enough for her.

Buffy's tone was gentle but firm. "That's not what I asked you. Are you nervous? We can talk about it if you are," she said.

William inhaled deeply through his nose, throwing his plate on the table. He slouched against the cushions of the couch and began to speak. "Yes, I'm terrified. I've done this before, and it didn't work." He was quiet, not wanting to hear what she had to say.

Buffy put her plate down and sat on her knees beside him. She massaged his bicep. "Tell me about your other therapy."

William threw his head back against the cushions of the sofa and exhaled loudly. "It's nothing—just ridiculous is all."

Buffy continued to caress his arm, moving her fingers in soothing spirals. " William, I'm here to listen and help if I can. I can't do that if you won't tell me anything."

He turned sideways, resting his elbow on the arm of the sofa and rested his other hand in her lap. "It was about five years ago. My mum had been dead seven years, and my dad about four. I was doing a lot of freelance work at the time, and I had gone out with this bird a couple of times, nothing serious, but apparently we had a date. I was working on a piece for major paper and forgot. She rang up and had a lot of really nasty things to say, some of them called for and others not so much."

He noticed his right hand was shaking slightly and balled it into a fist. "It's not like I didn't deserve it, but the things she said brought back a lot of painful memories for me, and I just sort of spiraled into a horrible depressive episode. One the editors I worked with has a wife who's a therapist, and he recommended I see her. His name is Stephen, Stephen Bertram. He's one of the few mates I have—really the only one."

William couldn't believe he was saying all these things. Stuff just kept pouring out of his mouth. He needed to curb this, say what he needed to say and be done. He really wished he'd kept his mouth shut.

Buffy shook him gently. "Hey, where'd you go?"

He ran the shaky hand through his hair. "Guess I just zoned out for a second, sorry. Anyway, she'd just finished her course work, and didn't have a lot of experience. She's really a lovely woman, Laura is, but she kept talking to me about my damaged inner-child, and it was all just too fucking 'hokey,' as you Yanks would say. I quit after about three sessions."

"William," Buffy said, "it sounds as though she just wasn't using the right language with you. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but this one can be better." She cupped his cheek with her left hand, turning his head so he would meet her gaze and stroked his cheekbone with the pad of her thumb.

William turned to look into her eyes, and she looked so earnest and caring. "I'm terrified this will be the same, and this time the risks are so much greater. I don't want to fail. I want you to believe in me. Jesus! I'm so sorry. I—"

William closed his eyes and waited for the fallout.

Buffy put her thumb to his lips, and William felt her warm breath on his face. "Shh, you don't need to be afraid. I'll be here with you, to help you. I do believe in you, William." He was reveling in the intimacy of her touch when her thumb disappeared and was replaced by her soft, supple lips.

William was awed by her words and actions. When he opened his mouth to speak, Buffy took advantage, slipping her tongue inside to delicately circle his, as if she were coaxing him into a game. He moaned and latched onto hers, causing her to grasp the back of his head, leaning further into him, anchoring herself on his right shoulder with her other hand.

Buffy breathed raggedly as her lips moved away from his mouth and charted their way down his throat, her teeth grazing his Adam's apple, causing him to hiss with pleasure.

"Jesus, Buffy! Feels so good, love," he said, as he cradled her shoulder and hip, massaging her and causing the black dress to inch up her thigh. She wriggled her way into his lap as she mewled into his neck, lavishing it with slow, decadent kisses.

William's hand slipped underneath the fabric of her dress, caressing the top of her svelte thigh. Buffy's breath hitched, and she rolled into the crook of his arm. He took the opportunity to lower his head and capture her lips in a heated kiss. His fingers trekked higher and higher as his lips moved southward, lingering on her neck for a few moments, trailing over her collarbone, until finally dipping lower and running his tongue over the swell of her breast.

"God, William. Oh!"

Buffy cried out in breathy shock as he tweaked her nipple through the fabric and gently bit the soft flesh just above her neckline. His pointed tongue dipped into the valley of her breasts, and he licked the tiny beads of sweat forming there on his way to the top again. The salty taste of her skin and the sweet scent of her perfume were a potent combination.

Buffy held his head in her hands, running her fingers through his hair, and guiding his mouth where she wanted it, as she whispered words of encouragement. William knew she was bossy, but he never would have thought she'd so be vocal in this capacity, and it made his cock even harder.

William's fingers were now at the crease of her thigh and hip, and Buffy bucked up, causing him to splay his hand just above her panties. She pulled his head up from her breasts to look into his eyes. Almost panting, she said, "Touch me. Now." Before he could reply she pulled his head down to take his bottom lip between her teeth.


"William? Hey, William?" Buffy waved a hand in front of his face and snapped her fingers. "Answer me. You're starting to freak me out."

William jumped, startled out of his thoughts. "Huh? I mean I'm sorry. What were you saying just now? I guess I just checked out for a bit. I didn't get much sleep last night," he said, in a defensive tone. "Is it cold in here to you? I feel a bit chilly."

Buffy took one of his hands, and he could see the concern in her features. "You're even paler than normal, and you're shaking like a leaf." She glanced down at his hand, then touched his forehead with her other palm. "And clammy all over. This isn't right. I think you may need to see a doctor."

William could feel his hands shaking. He also felt a little dizzy, and he really wanted a drink. He'd been up almost all night. After their make-out session he wasn't able to rest. He brought her off with his hand, and she wanted to do the same for him, but he was so over-stimulated he was afraid to risk her touching him for the sake of embarrassment. He saw the look of bewilderment and the brief flash of hurt cross her face, but he assured her taking care of her had been enough for him.

Buffy's frowning face came back into focus, and William shook off the memory. "What did you say? I'm having trouble concentrating."

Buffy put her hand on his cheek and forced him to look her in the eye. "I said, 'I think you may need to see a doctor.' Do you have one here?"

William shook his head. "No, I've not had a need for a medical doctor since I've been here." He looked at the clock on the wall behind Buffy. "It's one now, and my therapy appointment's at three. I don't know what to do."

Buffy was quiet for a moment then said, "Why don't you call him and see if he can recommend someone?"

William motioned toward the desk. "Hand me my phone."

Buffy rolled over in her desk chair, grabbed the phone, and handed it to him.

William pulled up the contact with trembling fingers and pressed call. He hung up a few minutes later. "I'm in luck. The guy's father-in-law is a doctor in the same building. He said he would get me in to see him if I came now, so I guess I'll go."

Buffy gave him a wide-eyed look, her mouth slightly parted. "What the heck? You don't actually think you're driving yourself. You're worse off than I thought! Where are your keys?"

"I'm perfectly fine to drive myself. Besides, didn't you have some more things to take care of?" William said, standing up rather unsteadily and noting for the first time that his pulse was racing as if he'd run a two-minute mile. "On second thought," he said, leaning heavily on the wall, "maybe you driving would be good idea. You do have a license, right?"

Buffy squared her shoulders and harrumphed. "Of course I have a license." Then she added almost under her breath. "But I've never driven here. "

William looked at her and arched a brow. "Come again, love. I thought you said you've never driven here."

Buffy sat up straighter and looked him in the eye. "I haven't driven here, but I've lived here for four years. I grew up driving in Los Angeles for God's sake. I think I'm able to drive us around Cambridge, so tell me where I might find those keys," she said, frustration clear in her voice.

William held up his shaking hands in mock surrender. "All right, all right. They're on my bureau with my wallet. Get them both then we'll go, bossy bint."

Buffy stood, leaned over, and running her fingers though his hair, kissed his cheek. "I'll be right back. Don't call me names, jackass," she whispered in his ear then exited the room.

William shook his head and smiled. She was a rare find. He was so grateful she was in his life and prayed he didn't do anything to bollocks it up, because he knew he sure as hell didn't deserve her. He wondered if that gnawing fear would ever dissipate.

A few minutes later Buffy returned and put her hand on his shoulder. "Hey, you. We ready to go now?" She stepped in front of him and offered her small hand.

William tried to get his bearings. He put both hands on the arms of the chair and pushed himself up. He took her hand and smiled a little. "Thank you, Buffy. You have no idea what this means to me, all jokes aside. I couldn't and wouldn't be doing this without your help."

Buffy blushed and put her arm around his waist. "I'm just glad you trust me enough to allow me to be here for you. Now, let's get my purse and get going."

They made their way to the parking garage, and Buffy clicked the locks on the black Audi Roadster. She opened the door for William, and he got in, closing the door behind him. He leaned his head back on the headrest and closed his eyes after buckling his seatbelt, trying to stop thinking about having a drink. He didn't understand. He hadn't really wanted one yesterday. Why the fuck would he kill for one today?

Buffy examined the fob, looking for a key or a way to get a key to come out. "Uh, William, I think you've lost your keys or something, there's not a key here."

William opened his eyes and smiled. "Sorry, guess you haven't driven a new car lately. They don't have keys. Just push the fob in that space there," he said, pointing to a spot in the control panel. "Then press this ignition button down by the gearshift and the gas pedal at the simultaneously. I'll give the sat-nav the address, and we can be on our way."

Buffy raised her eyebrows and shrugged her shoulders. "All righty," she said, then sunk her teeth into her bottom lip and started the car. She was surprised when she heard the engine come to life. "I did it. Yay! Okay, here we go."


Chapter End Notes:
I'm a little antsy today, so reviews would be a welcome distraction.