Author's Chapter Notes:
This is one of my many plot bunnies that I'm finally getting around to doing something with. While this is lighthearted for the most part, there will be mentions of rape involved, but nothing graphic will be shown. I have to admit that this Buffy and Spike may possibly be my favorite yet, they're a lot of fun to write. I hope you guys like it, any comments are always appreciated=)
Chapter 1

“Get up, you lazy ass! I told you not to drink at the party last night. We’re not in London anymore, you’re underage here and that could have gotten us in serious trouble.”

Spike groaned, wiping the sleep from his eyes. “Bloody hell, Angel, do you have to be so loud? You’re my agent, not my father. What time is it?”

“Almost ten, you’re supposed to be at the school in an hour, so get moving.”

Spike sat up, waiting for the room to stop spinning. “I didn’t bring anyone back here, did I?” he said in a panic, that being the last thing he needed. This was why he tended not to drink much, if he could help it. It wouldn’t do well for his reputation to have a drunken one night stand, even though that would be what everyone expected of him.

Angel rolled his eyes. “No, you were macking on some pretty brunette, but I got you out of there before you did something stupid. Come on, if you want this movie to be a success, it might help to start shooting it.”

“Why do we have to shoot in some hick town? Nothing exciting probably ever happens here, I’d rather be in Los Angeles. I haven’t been back in a while.”

Angel rubbed his head, starting to feel a migraine coming on. “I told you, Spike. The movie is about a big city guy, who falls in love with a small town girl. I used to visit Sunnydale as a kid, trust me, it’s the perfect setting. We already got permission to use the local high school; they’re expecting you in less than an hour. You can’t back out now. It was your idea to use a regular girl for this movie, instead of a big time actress after your experience with Drusilla. This is the perfect place to find exactly who you’re looking for; the auditions alone will probably take two or three days. If we want to be on schedule, we have to start filming by next week.”

“Fine, but this better be worth it. Hand me my pants, would you?”

Angel did as he was told, turning his back to give the younger man some privacy.

“All right, let’s get this bloody show on the road,” Spike stated, rubbing his hands together.

Angel smiled, glancing to Spike’s wrist with a sigh. “Okay, I have to ask, why do you keep wearing that girly bracelet?”

He scoffed. “It’s not girly, you git. It means a lot to me, and that’s all you need to know.”

Angel held his hands up in surrender, following Spike out of the hotel room.


* * * * *


“Oh my God! Spike is coming to our school to shoot scenes for his new movie? Living in this hellhole has finally paid off,” Cordelia Chase claimed as she walked the halls of Sunnydale High proudly, knowing that all eyes were on her. It really helped to be the most popular girl in school.

Her best friend, Harmony Kendall, was just as ecstatic. “He’s my all time favorite actor, what I wouldn’t give for some alone time with him. You heard about his break up with Drusilla Edwards, right? The chick was psycho; I can’t believe he ever fell for someone like that.”

“Please, when Spike gets here and notices me, he won’t even remember her name. No one else better think about auditioning, that part is as good as mine.”


* * * * *


“Wow, this whole place has gone insane since the news about Spike got out. Can you believe he’s actually choosing our school to film in? This sort of thing never happens here.”

Buffy Summers opened her locker door, giving her friend a look. “I don’t see what the big deal is, Willow. He’s just a guy.”

Willow Rosenberg was stunned. “Just a guy? He’s more than just a guy, Spike is only nineteen and he’s already the biggest actor in the world. You can’t deny that you’re a fan, I know you’ve seen his movies.”

She shrugged. “Okay, fine, I like his movies, but I’m not so crazy about him. You’ve heard the stories about him; the guy is nothing but trouble. What kind of name is Spike, anyway? No one even knows his last name, that seems a bit suspicious to me. This school is vain enough as it is; he’ll just make everything ten times worse. We have midterms coming up, but now everyone will probably be too busy trying to get a part in that movie. I don’t know how the principal could allow this.”

Willow shook her head. “I’m all about schoolwork as much as the next geek, but even I think this is a great idea. I heard he’s looking for a specific person to play his leading lady.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Well, that’s obviously going to be Cordelia. She gets everything at this school and although she can’t act her way out of a paper bag, she’s still head of the drama department. No one else would even stand a chance, and if they tried, she’d make their life a living hell.”

Willow nodded, a pout forming on her face. “Good point, but it’s just not fair. She treats everyone horribly, and yet she always gets rewarded. I hope Spike sees right through her and chooses someone more deserving. You would be perfect, Buffy.”

The blonde laughed. “You can’t be serious. I don’t act, the only time I was ever in a play was in the second grade, and I was a pumpkin. All I had to do was stand there, but I got such bad stage fright and ended up puking all over the lead turkey. Not only did it scar me from ever performing again in front of a crowd, but it also made me hate Thanksgiving.”

Willow cringed, but the image was pretty funny. “Right, maybe you’re not good for this part, but I hope he picks someone else.”

Buffy had to concur with that as she shut her locker, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“That’s pretty,” Willow spoke up, indicating the bracelet on her wrist. “You haven’t worn it before, but then again, you always wear long sleeves. I’ve never thought to ask why, aren’t you hot?”

She smiled, changing the subject. “I just found it the other day, must have gotten lost in the move. I’ve been looking everywhere for it, and I find it under my bed of all places. A friend made it for me, and I made him one. We were big with arts and crafts back then.”

“Cute, was this an old boyfriend?”

Buffy blushed. “No, but he was my very first crush. He’s two years older, but we practically grew up together. He moved away when I was twelve, I remember being so devastated. We kept in touch for a while, but then it just stopped. I haven’t heard anything from him in years. My parents got divorced, and Mom and I moved here. I sent him one last letter to give him my new address, but I never heard from him again. I tried calling once, but the number I had was disconnected. I guess he just moved on and forgot about me, it happens.”

Willow could tell that her friend was still hurt by the rejection, even though she’d never admit it. Laughter in the distance put on hold anything else she would have said, glaring at Cordelia chatting with her cheerleading posse, and Willow had a feeling of what they were talking about. “Oh, I really hope someone else gets that role. Her bad acting will stink up the whole movie.”

Buffy couldn’t agree more.


Chapter End Notes:
So, do I have any readers for this one?