[Reviews - 64] LikedPrinter
Summary: What happens when the thorn in William Pratt's side becomes something else?

[These characters are the property of Mutant Enemy.]
Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Buffy/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No
Word count: 49835 Read: 10700
Published: 08/05/2011 Updated: 06/04/2012

1. Week One by mooseshug [Reviews - 10] Liked (3689 words)
I love to read spuffy fics (thank you all you wonderful authors) and this storyline has been kicking around in my mind for a while so I finally thought why not and have been giving it a go. Please read the first chapter all the way through to decide if you think it's worth your while? This is pretty much my first attempt at creative writing, so if you have advice or suggestions about how to improve any aspect of my writing I’d be SO appreciative. I don’t have a “beta” reader so if you have any interest in doing that for me please do let me know!

2. Week Two by mooseshug [Reviews - 5] Liked (5984 words)
I apologize for the violations against realism that I am no doubt making in filling out the criminialish and legalish background of the story. All in the name of fiction? Thank you for reading, if you are!

3. Week Two, conclusion by mooseshug [Reviews - 9] Liked (1581 words)
I had just a bit more to add to Week Two. I have already been working on Week Three and will post that as soon as I can. Thank you so much for your reviews! I am really happy to hear it when you tell me you are enjoying the story. If you have questions, suggestions, or there's stuff that doesn't make sense to you I'd love to know that too. (Haven't found a beta yet either.)

4. Week Three by mooseshug [Reviews - 10] Liked (4565 words)
Hi, sorry for the long delay. I had a death and an accident in the family in the last couple of weeks. Things are almost ok again though. Also when I did have time to work, I couldn't quite figure out the back plot or how to do it. I'm not that excited or happy about week three, but I need to move on already. The next scenes should be more fun. Thank you to my new beta who I will be exploiting for the next chapter. I just wanted to post this asap since it has been so long.

5. Week Three, conclusion by mooseshug [Reviews - 5] Liked (1512 words)
Thank you for your encouraging comments about the story and kind condolences regarding my aunt. This is the tiny conclusion to week three. A big moose's hug to my sharp and speedy beta, Minx.

6. Week Four by mooseshug [Reviews - 7] Liked (6915 words)
Dear readers, sorry for the wait. I shoot for weekly but it always takes longer than I think it will so I won’t make any estimates anymore. A couple more familiar characters appear here, hope you enjoy them. Thank you for reading. Special thank you to Minxy for beta-ing, and extra patience required to deal with me.

7. Week Four, conclusion by mooseshug [Reviews - 6] Liked (5196 words)
It’s been forever since I picked this up again, my apologies. Midterms were imminent, then finals, yada yada yada. I am going to try to develop the story again, and will try to update more regularly. Thanks to de lovely Minx for comments on this one.

And to recap the relevant plot details so far: “previously, on ITWFD,” Buffy an ex-cop turned social worker for incarcerated juveniles inserted herself into a case involving the low-level dealer brother, Dashawn, of an old contact of hers, Rona. William, an ADA recently reassigned from white-collar to narcotics crimes got drawn into her outsider investigation of Dashawn’s witnessing of a murder by Marcus Hamilton, a drug supplier, of Daniel Holtz, a check-cashing franchise owner. They discover Hamilton and Holtz have mysterious ties to Russell Winters, an LA real estate mogul. When they meet with Giles, her old precinct captain, he informs them that Marcus Hamilton is MIA and no useful evidence confirming Holtz’s murder was recovered at the crime scene, stalling the case altogether.

8. Week Five by mooseshug [Reviews - 2] Liked (7802 words)
This chapter is a bit of a departure from the case, which will return next time. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for reading.

Relevant happenings previously in ITWFD: William pondered the future of his friend Xander’s long-term relationship as well as the nature of his own encounters with women; Willow and Tara planned a trip to Santa Barbara; Angel was gone for over two months on a case somewhere 8000 miles away from LA; Buffy received a letter at work that she hid away; Buffy remembered the last time she saw her estranged father and extended family.

9. Week Six by mooseshug [Reviews - 3] Liked (2329 words)
This week’s storyline has different moving parts which I was working on simultaneously. I decided it’ll go quicker if I post them separately, so here’s the first shorter bit.

Recap of the relevant happenings on ITWFD: William’s colleague Gavin Park was in charge of a big narcotics case tangentially involving Marcus Hamilton; William suspected his (criminal) nemesis Russell Winters had illegal ties to Hamilton after discovering evidence of an inexplicable financial connection between Winters and Daniel Holtz; Buffy turned over a bullet found at the scene of Holtz’s murder by Hamilton to her ex-colleague Faith; and Buffy revealed that Dashawn and Rona’s uncle, Trick, worked as a ‘cleaner’ for a local drug kingpin in the past.

10. Week Six, continued by mooseshug [Reviews - 3] (2289 words)
Was hoping to have the rest of week six for you, but c’est la vie. Next installment will hopefully be soon and surprising. Thank you loads for reading and reviewing!


Recapping the relevant happenings on ITWFD: William asked Andrew to spy on Gavin Park; Buffy learned the bullet she and William found came from the gun of a criminal from her past; William found out Buffy came from an old and monied family.

11. Week Six, conclusion by mooseshug [Reviews - 2] Liked (7011 words)
This long and strange chapter's my attempt at an adaptation of various events from the series, but I'm unsure how apparent these are. Also, I hope things are not moving too slowly. I plan for a lot of hanging plot issues to be answered in the next bit.

Recapping relevant happenings on ITWFD: William persuaded Buffy to join him in looking for missed clues at Holtz’s place of business; Buffy suspected a link between Marcus Hamilton and a dead criminal from her past, Freeman Trick. Also, Buffy felt bad that she couldn’t keep up with Willow intellectually; Xander ate a gourmet burger; Buffy ate a donut and curry lentils, and was grossed out by the idea of tinned sardines; William quoted Auden.

*Bulldog is the British version of Red Rover.
**The German line at the end is: “You must change your life,” from Rilke’s “Apollo.”

12. Week Seven by mooseshug [Reviews - 2] Liked (962 words)
Sorry for the shortest update ever. I'm a bit stuck inspiration-wise and still trying to figure out the order of everything that should happen this week.

Previously, on ITWFD: Buffy had a sexual fantasy about being Darla, Angel's old girlfriend. Connor, Angel's younger brother, wanted an audience for his badminton.